Indice ‹ Area Generale ‹ Benvenuti ! ‹ behind-the-back slam dunk. He deserved
********

behind-the-back slam dunk. He deserved

I nuovi utenti possono presentarsi alla nostra community, facendo nuove amicizie e condividendo la propria passione!

Moderatore: Moderatori


Messaggio venerdì 25 maggio 2018, 8:49
langouba Utente esperto

Messaggi: 323
OTTAWA - Torontos Patrick Chan is giving the world championships a miss, but he isnt finished with competitive figure skating just yet. Chan captured two silver medals at last months Sochi Winter Games — mens singles and the inaugural team event. But he doesnt have the urge to resume training to defend his world title when the event is held in Saitama, Japan, later this month. However, the 23-year-old said hes committed to chasing a fourth world championship at some point. "Honestly, I know in my heart I want to win another world championship ... I really dont feel like this is the end," Chan said during a conference call. "(After Sochi) I asked myself if I could see myself training at the immediate moment, like right now could I go into training like I did before the Games? "I really didnt see that as a possibility. I already went to a world championships after an Olympic Games (2010 in Vancouver) so I really wanted to enjoy coming home and enjoying the medal and enjoying it with the rest of Canada this time because I didnt have that chance last time. I really wanted to enjoy myself with these two medals." Ice dancers Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir, who also earned two silver medals in Sochi, wont compete at the world championships either. Both were non-commital about their future but the expectation is the two-time world champions and 2010 Olympic champions will retire. "We werent sure how wed feel after the Olympics in Sochi and we ended on such a high note," Virtue said. "We were so pleased with our performances, both short and free dance, and just thrilled with the experience we had at the Olympics it just seems like the right way to end the season. "Kind of a nice way to say good-bye to those two programs." Virtue and Moir finished second in Sochi to Americans Meryl Davis and Charlie White, with the two teams sharing the same coach, Russian Marina Zoueva. Afterwards, the Canadians publicly questioned Zouevas loyalties. "Some of the things we were honest about at that press conference would come as no surprise to Marina," Virtue said. "She was very aware of the situation. "We travelled to Moscow and did two shows after the closing ceremonies and Meryl and Charlie also did their shows and it was a really nice way to cap off the Olympics with spending time with the two of them in a care-free, fun environment where we could just talk about our experiences. I think we probably talked more in that day than we have in the past few years because the pressure was off and we were able to just chat as friends again. It was a nice way to end that chapter with them." While their competitive seasons are over, Moir, Virtue and Chan wont be hanging up their blades. All three will tour and perform with Stars on Ice. "I think were more comfortable trying to take advantage of some of the opportunities after an Olympic Games," Moir said. "Were very much at peace with where were at." Chan was second at the 2010 world championships after finishing fifth at the Vancouver Games, winning his first global crown the following year. The 23-year-old had a glorious opportunity to win gold in Sochi after 19-year-old rival Yuzuru Hanyu of Japan struggled in his free skate. But Chan couldnt take advantage. Twice he faltered during jumps, putting his hand on the ice to keep from falling, and stumbled on a third in settling for the silver behind Hanyu. Chan said he, Virtue and Moir attended a function Monday with Caroline Ouellette, a member of Canadas gold medal-winning womens hockey team. Chan admitted he was somewhat envious of Ouellettes medal. "A gold medal is really, really nice and its different and I definitely get a spell of jealousy," he said. "At the same time I have to look at the experience I had and how different of a sport figure skating is. "These silver medals were not easy to get, they were probably just as hard as a gold medal is. One or two mistakes too many and just in that moment it came out of my grasp. Its a bit of a reminder but again its also a good challenge to kind of stay positive and look at the brighter side of things." Canada will send a 17-member team at the world championships. Olympian Kevin Reynolds, who was 15th at Sochi, will lead Canadas three-man singles team in Japan when the competition begins March 24. Both of Canadas women from the Sochi Games are entered in the worlds. Kaetlyn Osmond was 13th in Russia, and Gabrielle Daleman 17th. Other Canadian Olympians who will compete at Saitama are Meagan Duhamel and Eric Radford, who were seventh in pairs; Kirsten Moore-Towers and Dylan Moscovitch, who were fifth; and Paige Lawrence and Rudi Swiegers, who came 14th. Ice dancers Kaitlyn Weaver and Andrew Poje, seventh at Sochi, and Alexandra Paul and Mitchell Islam, 18th, will compete at the worlds. Doug Martin Jersey . It is unclear how long Kallstrom, who was brought in to alleviate the teams midfield problems, will be sidelined. Arsenals communications director, Mark Gonnella, says the club decided to proceed with Kallstroms signing despite the injury. Patrick Murray Jersey . -- The Guelph Storm are moving on to the Western Conference final after defeating the London Knights 5-4 on Friday in Ontario Hockey League playoff action. http://www.authenticbuccaneersstoreonli ... ns-Jersey/. Sure, Josh Browns 45-yard field goal on the third drive of overtime lifted the New York Giants to a 23-20 win over Detroit on Sunday. But the Lions (7-8) dropped themselves out of the NFC North race by losing five of their last six games, blowing fourth-quarter leads in each setback. Joe Hawley Jersey . Martin Reway and David Griger both recorded four points with a goal and three assists each. Mario Lunter, Daniel Gachulinec and Stanislav Horansky also scored for Slovakia (1-0). Dominik Kahun had both goals for Germany (0-2), who lost its opening match to Canada 7-2 on Thursday. Kwon Alexander Jersey . -- Barry Bonds is all set to return to the San Francisco Giants.NEW YORK -- Boston Bruins forward Shawn Thornton said Sunday he wont contest a fine of more than $2,800 for squirting water from the bench at Montreal Canadiens defenceman P.K. Subban in the final minute of Game 5 of the Eastern Conference semifinals. "I obviously got caught up in the moment," Thornton said on an offday at the TD Garden. "Im sorry that this silly incident kind of overshadowed how my teammates played and the great win and how good this series has been. "Theres definitely more important things that we can focus on." The Bruins were leading the Canadiens 4-2 in the final minutes Saturday night when Subban skated past the Boston bench with the puck. Thornton squirted water at the Montreal defenceman, hitting him in the face shield. Angered, Subban approached the bench and exchanged words with Thornton. He then went to complain to the referee. "Somebody sprayed water on my visor at the end of the game. I couldnt see out of half of it," Subban said after the game, acknowledging the incident, while annoying, did not affect the outcome. "I dont wwant it to be bulletin board material.dddddddddddd" Boston held on to win the game 4-2 and take a 3-2 lead in the best-of-seven series. The Bruins need a victory Monday night in Montreal to eliminate the Canadiens and avoid a decisive seventh game in Boston on Wednesday. The fine of $2,820.52 is the maximum allowed under the leagues collective bargaining agreement with the union. The money goes to the players emergency assistance fund. Bruins coach Claude Julien said he didnt approve of Thorntons behaviour and let him know. "As a coach, you always want to support your players but theres certain things you cant support," Julien said Sunday. "I dont think I can support Shawn on those actions. "To me, I dont think we like seeing our players do that. Now whether he got caught up in the game or whatever, to me hes got to own up to it." At the Canadiens training centre in Brossard, Que., coach Michel Therrien seemed satisfied with the fine. "What are you going to do?" he said with a shrug. "Thats not something we appreciate, thats for sure." Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Stitched Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2019 ' ' '

Torna a Benvenuti !

cron