Indice Neofiti & guide for dummies Ecosistema Apple ibute to Lt. Edward J. Walsh and firefi

ibute to Lt. Edward J. Walsh and firefi

Tutto ciò che prevede l'interazione con prodotti Apple (Mac, iPhone, iPad...)

Moderatore: Moderatori

Messaggio giovedì 26 luglio 2018, 7:34
lw789 Guru del forum

DETROIT – Alex Anthopoulos likes to say the perception of a player is directly tied to his production. If a team is winning and a player is excelling, the guy becomes known as a "leader" or a "positive clubhouse influence." When a team is losing and a player is struggling, his character is questioned. Its easy to be enamoured with Mark Buehrle because of the year hes having. By now you know the statistics: 10-1, a 2.10 ERA and in his only no-decision of the season, Buehrle left with the lead. Even last season, when Buehrle struggled through the first half of the Blue Jays haltingly poor year, he drew no negative attention. He went about his between-starts routine despite his weight-related self-deprecation. He was always approachable despite his claims that he detests speaking into a microphone. What became clear, quickly, was Buehrles devotion to his family. Married with two kids, he looks in advance at the schedule and plots out homestands that will facilitate relatively lengthy visits. His father, John and mother, Pat, seem to be constants around the ballclub, even though John estimates they attend about 30 games per season. When this reporter renewed acquaintances with Buehrle on the first day of spring training and casually asked how his offseason had gone, it took the pitcher less than five seconds to begin to explain the difficulty he had saying goodbye to his children, who are now old enough to understand their dad has to leave home to go to work but wish that he wouldnt. John is in Detroit for the brief road trip, having scheduled a personal matter in the Motor City to coincide with the Jays lone visit to the Tigers. Hed have it no other way. "Our whole family was brought up as a family," said John Buehrle. "Everything we failed in or excelled in we shared as a family, our trials and tribulations if you will. When Mark did well in school, high school, college, everybody shared. When my other sons did well, everybody shared. They were brought up as a family, just as I was. They were brought up with respect." Mark Buehrle is making $18 million this season and is due $19 million in 2015, the final year of the four-year pact he inked with the Miami Marlins in the 2011-2012 offseason. When it comes to respect, money isnt an object in the Buehrle household. Johns three sons, Mike, 40, Jason, 37, and Mark, 35, and his one daughter Amy, 32, are expected to adhere to a set of rules when they visit. "Even today, they come to my house, they sit down at my table, their hat comes off," said John Buehrle. "Ill sit there and Ill stare them down. They wont even look at me, they can feel it. They can feel me looking at them because its manners. Theyll say Yes sir, no sir and Yes maam, no maam and open the door for the wives and their wives because thats the way they were raised." Mark is four wins shy of 200 for his career. Not many pitchers make it to the big leagues, let alone last long enough to win that many games. Johns son has never been placed on the disabled list. Hes pitching in his 15th big league season. John is pleased for Marks success but shows his youngest son no favoritism. "Any parent is proud anytime their child excels or succeeds at anything, regardless of what it is," said Buehrle. "Im just as proud of Mark for being where he is today as I am of my one son whos driving a concrete truck whos never had an accident. And thats a lot to say for concrete truck drivers, believe me, because I used to be one." Asked about Toronto, John returns to what matters most. "Toronto is as much of a family-oriented town as what we had found Chicago to be," said Buehrle. "We were there 12-and-a-half years in Chicago. Everybody in Chicago was like family. Every place we went, they were so nice." He admitted to uncertainty about Toronto after the trade with the Marlins and no, the fact Johns sons pitbull dog wasnt allowed to move to Ontario wasnt his top concern. "We didnt know, coming to Toronto, big city, we didnt know what it was going to be like," said Buehrle. "From day one, the people, everyone, not just the team, the staff, the people we ran into in the restaurants, it was genuine, you can tell when someones putting it on, but you could really tell there was a genuine Were glad youre here." The Blue Jays are glad to have Buehrle. Since last years All-Star Break, Mark is 17-5 with a 2.66 ERA. With an impending second knee replacement surgery scheduled soon, John hopes to be able to travel to Minneapolis for this years All-Star Game. He expects Mark will be a participant. "Hes having a real good year and I couldnt want or wish any better for him or the team," said Buehrle. "Im really happy for the fans, too, because the fans, I guess in a certain way through Mark see a little hope and glimmer and think, Oh, we may just pull it off this year. Its not just Mark. You look at Joey Bats, Edwin, Melky. Everyones having an awesome year." JK Scott Jersey . -- Jim Furyk was 10 shots worse and right where he wanted to be Saturday in the BMW Championship. Custom Green Bay Packers Jerseys .Fucale will not only be one of the local boys, he is also a Montreal Canadiens draft pick and will have a huge cheering section when Canada opens the tournament Dec. http://www.packersrookiestore.com/Packe ... ks-Jersey/. Toronto (11-12) gave up leads in 10-8 and 11-4 losses to the Baltimore Orioles this week. It was never close Friday as the Boston Red Sox got to Mark Buehrle early en route to an 8-1 win. Jimmy Graham Packers Jersey . The Bruins forward has been fined $5,000 by the National Hockey League for spearing Red Wings defenceman Danny DeKeyser in the groin. Oren Burks Jersey . Webb birdied the 18th hole to take the outright lead, then watched as Choi, who shot a course-record 62 on Saturday to take a share of the third-round lead, pushed a 10-foot putt wide of the hole at 18 to miss the chance for a playoff.BOSTON -- Lyle Overbay watched the Red Sox receive their championship rings, knowing how close he came to getting one. Then he got back at the team that released him five days before the start of last season, hitting a tiebreaking double in the ninth inning of the first game at Fenway Park since Boston won the World Series last October. That sparked a four-run inning against Edward Mujica that lifted the Milwaukee Brewers to a 6-2 win Friday. Getting released "was disappointing because I knew that they had a pretty good chance," Overbay said. "Its no hard feelings or anything. It was just a matter of trying to squeak in for a couple of weeks, anyway." During a nearly hour-long pregame ceremony, Red Sox players received their rings for winning the clubs third title in 10 years. But then the Brewers ended Bostons streak of wins in nine straight home openers. "It was a special day for us," Bostons Will Middlebrooks said. "It was emotional. For all of the guys that were a part of it last year, its a special journey we were on." Khris Davis doubled off Mujica (0-1), who made his Boston debut, and took third when Scooter Gennett reached on a sacrifice bunt. Overbay doubled to right for a 4-2 lead, advanced on the throw and scored on Carlos Gomezs fourth single of the game. Aramis Ramirez added an RBI single. Mujica was the St. Louis Cardinals closer for much of last season, then lost that job last September and did not pitch in the World Series against the Red Sox. He signed a $9.75 million, two-year deal with Boston. "They came out swinging against Mujica," Boston manager John Farrell said. "Knowing hes been in the National League Central, theyre familiar with him. At the same time, Edwards had a lot of success against that lineup. Mislocated a couple of balls, and he paid for it." Ryan Braun was 0 for 5 and was booed each time he came to the plate in his first road game following his 65-game suspension last season. Foour days earlier, home fans applauded the 2011 NL MVP loudly during Milwaukees season opener.dddddddddddd. "I certainly wasnt anticipating a reception like I got in Milwaukee," Braun said. "Ive had plenty of experience dealing with it and I think regardless of how challenging anything is, the more you deal with it, the easier it becomes to deal with." Bostons winning streak in home openers was tied with Cincinnati (1983-91) for third-longest in major league history and ended behind 11 straight by the New York Yankees (1998-08) and 10 by Pittsburgh (1945-54). "This is a really intimidating place to come," Brewers manager Ron Roenicke said. "The adrenaline that flows in this place is amazing." Brandon Kintzler (1-0) pitched a scoreless inning for the win, and Francisco Rodriguez pitched the ninth in a non-save situation. Each starter allowed two runs, Marco Estrada in 5 2-3 innings for Milwaukee and Jake Peavy in six innings for Boston. Milwaukee took a 2-0 lead in the second on Jonathan Lucroys first homer of the season and Gomezs two-out, run-scoring single. Boston scored in the bottom half with the help of an error by right fielder Logan Schafer, who misplayed Grady Sizemores single for an error that scored Mike Napoli. Middlebrooks homered in the third. NOTES: Brewers reliever Will Smith allowed two walks with two wild pitches but no runs or hits in 1 1-3 innings. ... New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady attended the game. ... Milwaukee RHP Wily Peralta stumbled and fell as he ran to the third-base line when Brewers players were introduced before the game. "I didnt see him go down but thats what I heard. He had a dirty uniform when he came back," Roenicke said. "Hes fine."... Before the game, there was a moment of silence as a tribute to Lt. Edward J. Walsh and firefighter Michael R. Kennedy. They died last week while battling a fire in a home less than two miles from Fenway Park. Wholesale Jerseys 2019 China NFL Gear Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Camo NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Camo ' ' '

Torna a Ecosistema Apple