Indice Neofiti & guide for dummies Domande generiche Monday but there will be a dedic

Monday but there will be a dedic

Varie richieste sulla famiglia Synology, compatibilità prodotti e specifiche

Moderatore: Moderatori

Messaggio sabato 2 giugno 2018, 8:07
lw789 Guru del forum

VANCOUVER - Dave Dickenson is thankful the Canadian Football Hall of Fame considers quality over quantity. Dickenson was among seven individuals named for induction in Canadas football shrine Friday night. Joining Dickenson in the players category are Leroy Blugh, Eddie Davis and Gene Makowsky while Montreal Alouettes owner Bob Wetenhall, former CFL player, coach and GM Bob OBillovich and longtime amateur football coach and administrator Larry Reda will go as builders. Dickenson, 41, spent 10 seasons as a quarterback with the Calgary Stampeders and B.C. Lions. In 143 career games, the native of Great Falls, Mont., completed 67.5 per cent of his passes for 22,913 yards with 154 TDs and 50 interceptions. Dickenson is the second-most accurate passer in CFL history behind Ricky Ray of the Toronto Argonauts (67.6 per cent). Dickenson was the CFLs outstanding player in 2000 and won two Grey Cups, earning game MVP honours in 06 with B.C. Dickenson was hampered by injuries throughout his career, something hes glad voters didnt hold against him. Im very appreciative, Dickenson said. More than anything I was just happy the voters decided to vote on quality over quantity. Theres certainly an argument out there both ways but I felt when I did play I was with the best in the game. The date and location of the 15 induction ceremony wasnt immediately available. The new inductees will boost the Hall of Fames membership to 278. Dickenson, currently Calgarys offensive co-ordinator, is preparing to face the Hamilton Tiger-Cats in the Grey Cup game Sunday at B.C. Place Stadium. While the timing of his induction isnt exactly ideal, it doesnt diminish the significance of the honour in Dickensons mind. Its important to me, he said. Every one of us wants to leave a mark, or at least I do. You want to do good things not only for yourself but you want to make sure youre remembered in a positive way. The validation of a Hall of Fame (nomination) is people respected what you did and respected how you played and obviously you played well enough to get into that super elite club. Im very happy about it, they cant take it away from me. I know a lot of the history and believe in this type of stuff. Ive been to the Hall of Fame in Hamilton multiple times. To me, its a pretty big accomplishment. When players go into baseballs Hall of Fame, they must choose which teams cap theyll wear during their induction ceremony. Dickenson is thankful he wont have to decide between a Stampeders or Lions hat when he goes into the Canadian Football Hall of Fame. I had some great years in Calgary and to me a lot of great years in Vancouver, he said. It wouldve been an interesting deal if you had to put a hat on. Dickenson is especially happy to be in the same induction class as OBillovich, a fellow Montana native. I think it was time to put him in as well, Dickenson said. He was a good player, coach, general manager . . . he pretty much did it all. OBillovichs CFL career spanned five decades as a player, coach and general manager. The 74-year-old native of Butte, Mont., played five seasons as a defensive back and quarterback with the Ottawa Rough Riders from 63 to 67 before serving as an assistant coach with the squad from 76 to 81. He became the Toronto Argonauts head coach in 82 and spent eight seasons there, winning his only Grey Cup in 83. He also served as the B.C. Lions head coach/GM (90-92), returned to the Argos as head coach/GM (93-95) and also served as Hamiltons GM (08-12) before retiring. Blugh, 48, played 15 seasons in the CFL as a defensive lineman with Edmonton and Toronto. He won a Grey Cup with the Eskimos in 93 and was named the leagues top Canadian in 1996. After his playing career was over, Blugh served as the head coach at Bishops, his alma mater, from 05-10 and two seasons as an assistant at Queens. Last year he was the defensive line coach for the Ottawa Redblacks. Davis, 41, played defensive back for 15 seasons with Birmingham, Calgary and Saskatchewan. His best season was 98 when he had 77 tackles, three sacks and four interceptions for the Stampeders. A two-time Grey Cup champion, Davis was also named a CFL all-star on four occasions before retiring prior to the 2010 season. Makowsky, 41, a native of Saskatoon, spent his entire 17-year career with Saskatchewan. A five-time league all-star, Makowsky was twice the CFLs top lineman (04-05) and a finalist in 08. He appeared in a club-record 284 career regular-season contests and another 16 in the post-season before retiring after the 11 season. In 2013, Makowsky was also inducted into the Riders Plaza of Honour. Reda has been involved in minor football in B.C. for over 50 years and in 2011 received the Commissioners Award from CFL commissioner Mark Cohon. He was also honoured by the NFLs Seattle Seahawks for his longtime service. Wetenhall has owned the Alouettes since 1997 and the club has appeared in eight Grey Cup games, winning three, over that span. Wetenhall was a primary figure in the expansion and restoration of Percival Molson Stadium on the campus of McGill University and in 11 received an honourary Doctor of Laws Degree from the school, its highest honour. Yogi Ferrell Jersey . "I had a pretty good year," the soft-spoken Granberg told TSN.ca with a grin from the teams annual rookie tournament in London. A fourth-round selection in 2010, Granberg is worth keeping an eye on with NHL training camps rolling around in less than a week. The six-foot-two, 200-pound defender may not possess the wow-inspiring theatrics of fellow prospect Morgan Rielly, but nonetheless has a chance to contribute with the Leafs when all is said and done this season. Devin Harris Jersey .Y. - Alex Rodriguez paid $305,000 for evidence that could be used in the case involving the Biogenesis of America drug clinic, the Daily News reported Saturday. http://www.nbamavericksauthority.com/st ... rsey-c-12/. The premature end left 26 players still to finish the round in the Asian Tour event. Siddikur, who shot a bogey-free first round to share the lead with five others, eagled the par-5 first hole before bogeying twice and rebounding with six birdies. Jason Kidd Jersey .com) - The Chicago White Sox have officially announced that the club has agreed to terms with utilityman Emilio Bonifacio on a one-year, $4 million contract that includes a team option for the 2016 season. Jose Juan Barea Jersey . The seventh-ranked Berdych wants to focus on the ATP Tour after helping the Czechs beat the Netherlands in the first round. Seeking their third straight Davis Cup title, the Czechs will rely again on veteran Radek Stepanek.SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. -- Challenged for the first time under Major League Baseballs expanded replay system, umpires got it right. The umps went 3 for 3 on Monday as MLB tried out the new format at three spring training games. The first test came at 3:06 p.m. EST in Fort Myers, Fla., after first base umpire Fieldin Culbreth ruled Toronto shortstop Munenori Kawasakis throw pulled Jared Goedert off the bag in the sixth inning. "Im not too sure that youre not right here," Culbreth said Blue Jays manager John Gibbons told him, "but since we havent done it before, lets go take a look." Culbreth answered: "OK. Thats what its for." After 2 minutes, 34 seconds, replay umpire Brian ONora relayed his call by headset, confirming that Minnesota batter Chris Rahl was safe. During the wait, Rahl said he realized he perhaps was part of history. "Its kind of funny. I was thinking, Is this the first one?" he said. ONora made the final ruling from a satellite truck outside the stadium. During the regular season, umpires on the field will check with the replay booth in New York, where an MLB umpire will make the final call. Later in the game, Culbreth rotated and took a turn in the truck, confirming another safe call at first base. "Im looking at this thing as, this is the future of the game. And Im going to treat these games here the same way that Im going to treat them during the regular season," Culbreth said. In the eighth inning, Doug Bernier of the Twins was called safe on a close play at first. As Culbreth studied the replay, the ballpark sound system played a Rolling Stones song with the familiar lyric, "I cant get no satisfaction." The call was confirmed, Bernier was safe. Extra replay also was in place for two games in Arizona -- the Los Angeles Angels vs. Arizona Diamondbacks in Scottsdale and the Chicago Cubs against Milwaukee in Phoenix. Each team in the majors will have at least five exhibition games with the new system in place. In January, owners approved the use of additional video replay to review most calls other than balls-and-strikes. Previously, umpires could only go to replay to review home runs and boundary calls. Moments after the first replay call, Angels manager Mike Scioscia wasted little time in using his challenge. In the top of the second, Luis Jimenez of the Angels tried to steal second. Catcher Bobby Wilsons throw was high but second base umpire Bill Miller ruleed that Aaron Hill tagged the runner out.dddddddddddd Scioscia bounded out of the dugout and charged toward Miller to argue, just like managers always have done. Instead, though, he chose to use his challenge. After two of the umpires made a quick visit to the Angels dugout to communicate with the replay umpire, the call was upheld. "We werent trying to make a mockery out of it," Scioscia said of using the challenge so soon. "We thought it was a pretty close play." There was only one angle available with the limited camera work of a spring training telecast. "If we have 15 angles of that," Scioscia said, "theres a possibility it gets reversed." That review took 2:31. Since he lost the challenge, Scioscia had no more. "I dont think its going to take much time in the logistics. That will smooth out," he said. "As far as the strategy of it, thats going to take a lot. It might be something you win, but you know you need that challenge to save the big play somewhere." Twins manager Ron Gardenhire and Arizonas Kirk Gibson did not use their challenge. Neither did Cubs manager Rick Renteria nor the Brewers Ron Roenicke. Gibson said he thought about contesting a close play when Paul Goldschmidt nearly beat out a grounder but said he decided it was 50-50 and not worth it. "I think its going to be a lot more complicated than we thought," Gibson said. "We had a lot of conversation during the game." For the Angels-Diamondbacks game, the replay trailer was set up in the parking lot behind centre field. Teams are allowed to have a person to watch the game on television and advise the managers via phone whether it would be worth it for the call to be challenged. The Angels communicated via walkie talkie Monday but there will be a dedicated phone line for each team in the major league parks. Under the new rules, each manager has one challenge. If the first challenge is successful, the manager gets a second. From the seventh inning on, if the manager is out of challenges, the umpire can decide to have the play reviewed. Some critics of expanded replay worried that challenges would delay the game too much. Culbreth said he didnt think that would be a problem, and pointed at the benefits. "It will work itself out. I think time really isnt going to be an issue in the end," he said. "And if it is, its about getting the play right in the end, anyhow." Nike NFL Jerseys China Wholesale NFL T-shirts Cheap Jerseys 2019 China NFL Hoodies Cheap NFL Hoodies China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China ' ' '

Torna a Domande generiche