Indice Neofiti & guide for dummies Tip & Tricks ne season before joining Detro

ne season before joining Detro

Guide di base, manuali, trucchi

Moderatore: Moderatori

Messaggio sabato 28 luglio 2018, 8:52
lw789 Guru del forum

TORONTO -- Randy Carlyle had plenty of chances to hold his breath. At one point his Toronto Maple Leafs gave up the lead on a breakaway and another time had a power-play goal waved off. But when goaltender Jonathan Bernier stopped Reid Boucher in the shootout, the coach and players got a chance to exhale with a 3-2 victory over the New Jersey Devils Sunday night at Air Canada Centre that snapped their losing streak at four. "Well, we can breathe," Carlyle said. "Theres been a lot of gasping going on, and even in this game there was a lot of gasping going on (with) how tight it was. ... Hopefully this relieves a little bit of the stress thats involved for our hockey club." Plenty of stress had been building up for the Leafs (22-20-5), who hadnt won since the Winter Classic. They still have just two regulation victories in 26 games dating to Nov. 21 and arent yet back in a playoff spot, but the sound of their victory song -- "We Cant Stop" by Miley Cyrus -- brought with it some relief. "Well take any points we can get right now," defenceman Cody Franson said. "Weve had some tough bounces lately, and weve put in some efforts that couldve went either way, and fortunately tonight we were able to get a couple points due to a shootout. You try and manage your emotions with shootouts not getting too high, but for us its a little bit of weight off our shoulders." Bernier made 36 saves on 38 shots in regulation and overtime and stopped all three he faced in the shootout to do his part to end the skid. James van Riemsdyk and Tyler Bozak had the Leafs goals, and van Riemsdyk scored in the shootout to beat a fatigued Devils team playing its third game in four nights. "I think under the circumstances, that team over theres desperate (and) we were coming in here short-handed and under a tough schedule," New Jersey coach Peter DeBoer said. "I thought we gave them everything they could handle. Theyre probably pretty fortunate they got two points and we feel a little bit robbed, but thats the game and weve got to pick up and move on to Montreal." Adam Henrique and Ryane Clowe scored for the Devils (19-19-9), who fell to 0-7 in shootouts this season. Jaromir Jagr, Clowe and Boucher were all unsuccessful this time. "The way weve been in shootouts, lets get it out," Henrique said with a laugh. "I mean, they try things with shootouts, I think everyone has different opinions on it." Opinions varied during the game, too, especially on the call by referee Ghislain Hebert that negated Bozaks power-play goal at 6:23 of the third period. Hebert ruled that van Riemsdyk interfered with Devils goaltender Cory Schneider. Carlyle said it was one of those plays it was hard to agree with the official after looking at it on the replay. Van Riemsdyk agreed. "I was very surprised," said van Riemsdyk, who scored his 17th goal of the season in the second period. "I looked at it after on video in between periods and Im still kind of wondering. He gave me his thought and I asked him if he could watch it after the game and maybe next time we have a game he can apologize or something because that was pretty brutal." It would have been Bozaks second of the night and eighth of the season. Instead, it represented another roadblock for the much-maligned Leafs to overcome. Carlyle estimated his team had 15 scoring chances leading up to that point. "For the next 12 minutes we didnt get any," he said. "So it just shows the mental state and how, I guess, fragile we were at that point." But the Leafs didnt cave. Earlier on in the night they withstood a 7-1 shot deficit and gave up a breakaway goal to Clowe -- his first of the season -- 27 seconds after van Riemsdyk scored to give them the lead. In managing to push the game to overtime and then a shootout, Toronto left things to chance. But players were happy to get tangible evidence of the improvement they saw in a loss at Washington on Friday night. "Our job is to win games," captain Dion Phaneuf said. "We know that the points just keep getting bigger and bigger, and I felt that we stuck with it tonight against a team that played very well." DeBoer was more than satisfied with his teams effort, saying players competed their butts off. "The shootout doesnt take away from the effort that we gave tonight," DeBoer said. Schneider, who made 23 saves on 25 shots, said it was a bit upsetting not to come away with the victory. On Saturday night, the Devils beat the Florida Panthers with two seconds remaining in overtime but couldnt pull off a similar trick against the Leafs. That wouldve been a crushing result for Torontos players, who needed something to go right. "We needed this bad," Bernier said. "We found a way. If thats what it takes to go into a shootout and get points and move on like this, it feels good for the confidence." NOTES -- Five Leafs players -- Bozak, winger Jerry DAmigo, defencemen Tim Gleason and Mark Fraser and goaltender James Reimer -- missed Sundays morning skate with illness. All but Fraser were in the lineup. ... Schneider started for the Devils despite making 29 saves in an overtime victory Saturday night at home. Coach Peter DeBoer said its "always a decision" because of franchise goaltender Martin Brodeur but elected to go with Schneider because of his strong performance against Florida. Justin Smoak Jersey . The International Ice Hockey Federation says Pavlovs avoided a two-year sanction because he acted "without significant negligence in failing to verify the safety of the supplements he was taking. Troy Tulowitzki Jersey . - Josh Sterk scored twice to lead the Oshawa Generals to a 7-1 rout of the Ottawa 67s in Mondays Ontario Hockey League action. http://www.authenticbluejayspro.com/blu ... ersey/.com) - Brad Stuart has yet to play a regular-season game for the Colorado Avalanche, but that didnt deter the club from signing the veteran defenseman to a two-year contract extension on Monday. Marco Estrada Jersey . -- Omar Infante walked past the visiting clubhouse at Kauffman Stadium, where he dressed so many times as a member of the Detroit Tigers, and slipped on a crisp, new Kansas City Royals jersey. Roberto Osuna Jersey . Gaborik was acquired in a trade with Columbus on Wednesday and skated on the top line with centre Anze Kopitar and right-winger Justin Williams. "We created some things," said Gaborik, who logged 16:38 of ice time.DETROIT -- Former All-Stars Omar Vizquel and Wally Joyner will be part of new Detroit manager Brad Ausmus coaching staff with the Tigers. Vizquel was hired as the first-base coach and Joyner as hitting coach, the Tigers said Monday. Vizquel also will serve as an infield and baserunning coach. Detroit also announced Mick Billmeyer will be the teams bullpen coach and Matt Martin will be a defensiive co-ordinator.dddddddddddd Vizquel -- the major league record holder for career fielding percentage by a shortstop with over 1,000 games at the position -- was the roving infield instructor in the Los Angeles Angels minor league system for one season before joining Detroits staff. Joyner was an assistant hitting coach for the Philadelphia Phillies. Joyner played 16 big league seasons. Wholesale NFL T-shirts Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping NFL Jerseys Wholesale China NFL Gear Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Cheap NFL Hoodies Camo China NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Torna a Tip & Tricks