Indice Area Generale Benvenuti ! who shot his low round of the year. Jay

who shot his low round of the year. Jay

I nuovi utenti possono presentarsi alla nostra community, facendo nuove amicizie e condividendo la propria passione!

Moderatore: Moderatori

Messaggio giovedì 12 luglio 2018, 8:14
langouba Utente esperto

SAO PAULO, Brazil -- Brazil coach Luiz Felipe Scolari announced his World Cup squad on Wednesday without any major surprises, choosing most of the players who won last years Confederations Cup. Scolaris 23-name list includes 16 players who were in the team that won last years warm-up tournament by beating world champion Spain in the final. It will be a squad inexperienced in World Cups, however, with only six players who featured in past tournaments. "We will have to pass our own experience to these players," said Scolari, who led Brazil to the 2002 World Cup title. The team will mix talented young stars such as Neymar and Oscar with more experienced players such as Julio Cesar, Dani Alves, David Luiz, Thiago Silva and Hulk. "We know that not everybody will agree with all the names, its normal," Scolari said. "But now that we have the 23 players, we would like to ask that our fans support all of them so together we can focus on our goal of winning the World Cup." The squad announcement was a high-profile event in Brazil, with television stations juggling their programing to broadcast it live. The Brazilian football federation said 870 journalists, many from overseas, were accredited for the event at a traditional concert house in Rio de Janeiro. The stage where Scolari spoke was set up in front of a Brazilian flag the size of a four-story building, according to the federation. "My childhood dream came true," Neymar said on social media site Instagram. "Today was one of the most anticipated days of my life. Its time to represent the entire country. Im completely moved, anxious and nervous. I want it to arrive soon." Five players from this years list were in the 2010 World Cup -- Cesar, Silva, Alves, Maicon and Ramires. Fred didnt make it to South Africa but was in the squad for the 2006 tournament in Germany. "I dont think this lack of World Cup experience will play a big part," Scolari said. "Our players have been gaining experience in their leagues in Europe and I dont think they will be affected by this too much, although in certain World Cup situations, having that experience would be important. But I fully trust these players." Veterans Kaka and Robinho -- the stars in the 2010 tournament -- still had hopes of playing in the tournament at home but were left off the list, as were former AC Milan forward Alexandre Pato and 34-year-old Ronaldinho, the 2002 world champion who missed out on his chance of making it to one last World Cup. Also missing were Atletico de Madrid defenders Miranda and Filipe Luis, as well as Liverpool midfielders Philippe Coutinho and Lucas Leiva. Paris Saint-Germain playmaker Lucas Moura, who played in the Confederations Cup, also was left out. Scolari had already confirmed nine players on the squad -- Luiz, Oscar, Ramires, Willian, Paulinho, Cesar, Silva, Fred and Neymar. He said there were only two spots remaining in the team, with the doubts related to the third goalkeeper and the fourth central defender, positions that were filled by Atletico Mineiro goalkeeper Victor and Napoli defender Henrique. "We know we have a big responsibility and we know that there are a lot of expectations," Fred said. "We have to turn that into motivation so we can go after this sixth world title." Seven alternates will be announced in the coming days. Brazils starting 11 in the World Cup will likely be the same that played in the Confederations Cup. Brazil has won 13 of its last 14 matches, the only loss coming in a friendly against Switzerland after the warm-up tournament. "Its important that today everybody can name most of the Brazilian starters," Scolari said. "We cant know for sure if we will use exactly the same team, it will depend on how these players will show up, but nine or 10 are certain to be in the starting lineup again." Brazil is in Group A with Croatia, Mexico and Cameroon. It will open against Croatia on June 12 in Sao Paulo. Clayton Stoner Jersey . In his first game with Boston University, the 17-year-old Eichel picked up five assists as his Boston University Terriers thumped St. Oscar Lindberg Jersey . The Nashville Predators were glad their captain was still on their side. Weber had a goal and two assists, and Roman Josi scored the shootout winner to lift the Predators to a 4-3 win over the Flyers on Thursday night. http://www.goldenknightsnhlshop.com/osc ... ey-c-21/.Y. - The New York Yankees made it official Saturday, announcing the completion of a seven-year deal with free-agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury and a one-year contract for returning starter Hiroki Kuroda. Vadim Shipachyov Jersey .Michael Briscoe is serving a life sentence for sexual assault, kidnapping and first-degree murder in the death of 13-year-old Nina Courtepatte in 2005. Brad Hunt Jersey . The cause of his death is as of yet undetermined, but police said foul play is not suspected.DES MOINES, Iowa -- Mark Calcavecchia appeared to be off to yet another slow start after only two strokes. He managed to save par, and went on to put together his best opening round of the year. Calcavecchia and Wes Short Jr. shot 6-under 66 on Friday at Wakonda Club to share the lead in the Champions Tours Principal Charity Classic. Bobby Clampett, Peter Senior and Shane Lowery were a stroke back. Calcavecchia, who lived in nearby Laurel, Nebraska until he was 13, said the rolling hills of the Wakonda Club reminded him of the course he learned to play on. He finished third in Iowa last season, and four straight birdies on the back nine helped put him atop the leaderboard. "Im comfortable on the course," Calcavecchia said. "Its still tough, and you still have to execute under pressure and handle your nerves and stuff. But the course does suit me." It didnt look that way on the first hole. Calcavecchia sent his approach flying over the green. But he put his next shot within 10 feet and made the par putt for his first and perhaps best save of the day. Calcavecchia entered Friday ranked 63rd in opening-round scoring average, but fifth for final rounds. "It was looking like I wwas going to bogey the first hole right off the hop," Calcavecchia said.dddddddddddd. Short followed an eagle on the 15th hole with a bogey. But Short, who has been up and down since opening the season with 10th- and 11th-place finishes, made a birdie putt on No. 18 to tie Calcavecchia. Shorts 66 snapped a stretch of six straight rounds of 70 or higher. "Its been a long road for me. I was hurt for a number of years," said Short, who has long battled back issues. "I put a lot of work into it and its starting to pay off." Clampett, whose best finish was a tie for 29th in March, got stuck in the bunker on the par-4 12th and mishit his approach en route to a bogey. But when faced with a similar shot on the next hole, Clampett holed out from 40 feet for eagle. It was an encouraging start for Clampett, who shot his low round of the year. Jay Haas began his attempt to become just the third player to win the same tournament four times with a 69. But history isnt on Haass side, as no one has rallied from more than two strokes down to win in the 14-year history of the Iowa tournament. Defending champion Russ Cochran had the days worst round, shooting a 6-over 78. Cheap Jerseys Online Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping ' ' '

Messaggio giovedì 12 luglio 2018, 8:15
langouba Utente esperto

NEW YORK -- Jose Fernandez arrived early. Wil Myers made it big after a blockbuster trade. Neither one needed much time to create a splash, and together they brought both Rookie of the Year awards back to Florida. Fernandez stood out in a very deep National League class this season, and the precocious Miami Marlins pitcher received 26 of 30 first-place votes from a Baseball Writers Association of America panel in results announced Monday. Myers won the American League prize after the Tampa Bay slugger put up impressive offensive numbers in barely half a season. The right fielder was chosen first on 23 of 30 ballots, beating out Detroit shortstop Jose Iglesias and Rays teammate Chris Archer. "Honestly, when I was called up that didnt even cross my mind. As the season went on I could see I would have a chance," Myers said on a conference call from his North Carolina home. "To be able to win is just a huge honour and Im very excited about it." The two announcements marked the beginning of awards week in baseball. NL and AL Manager of the Year will be revealed Tuesday, with the Cy Young winners Wednesday and MVPs on Thursday. Myers became the third Tampa Bay player in six years to be selected Rookie of the Year, joining Jeremy Hellickson (2011) and Evan Longoria (2008). Seated next to each other, Myers and Archer smiled and shook hands when the winner was revealed on MLB Network. Fernandez easily topped runner-up Yasiel Puig of the Los Angeles Dodgers as Cuban players ran 1-2 in the NL race. The only previous Rookie of the Year winners from Cuba came in the AL: Jose Canseco in 1986 and Tony Oliva in 1964. "It means a lot just to be compared to those guys," Fernandez said. "Im not sure I was even born when those guys were playing. But for sure I heard the names before. ... All the kids in Cuba play baseball." Puig received the other four first-place votes and amassed 95 points to 142 for Fernandez, who made the All-Star team at age 20. He went 12-6 with a 2.19 ERA and 187 strikeouts for a last-place club that finished 62-100. Fernandez was shut down in September after 172 2-3 innings to protect his precious arm. Still, his debut season was so superb that hes one of three finalists for the NL Cy Young Award -- though Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw is a heavy favourite. Fernandez already has one big prize, however, and he hugged his mother and grandmother when he won. He came to the United States by boat as a Cuban refugee in 2008, apparently rescuing his mom along the way. Drafted 14th overall in 2011 out of high school in Tampa, Fla., he had never pitched above Class A before this season. Fernandez was ticketed for Double-A Jacksonville at the end of spring training when injuries left two holes in Miamis rotation. Fernandez became an unexpected addition to the roster, making him the youngest pitcher on a major league team on opening day. "I wasnt planning on being in the big leagues," he said. The surprises havent stopped -- on and off the mound. One day before winning the rookie award, a shocked Fernandez was reunited with his grandmother in Florida with help from his lawyer. "Out of nowhere," the pitcher said. "I have no idea how it happened." Now, she can visit for a few years and see him play in the majors. "Pretty excited about that," Fernandez said. After the Marlins dumped nearly all their high-priced stars last winter, Fernandez was a rare bright spot this season. The right-hander became the fourth Marlins player in 11 years to win Rookie of the Year, following Chris Coghlan (2009), Hanley Ramirez (2006) and Dontrelle Willis (2003). "Im very happy that he won," Puig told MLB.com in comments circulated by the Dodgers. "He worked really hard to achieve this and he pitched extremely well with Miami and he deserved this just as we deserved to be nominated. I am happy for him, that a Cuban won. Im happy his grandmother arrived and I hope he enjoys his time with his grandmother and enjoys the prize he won." The 22-year-old Myers batted .293 with 13 home runs and 53 RBIs in only 88 games after he was called up from the minors June 18. He immediately added much-needed power to the middle of the Rays lineup, helping them reach the playoffs as an AL wild card. Myers was rated one of baseballs best hitting prospects when he was traded from Kansas City to Tampa Bay last December in a seven-player deal that sent pitchers James Shields and Wade Davis to the Royals. "There were some mixed feelings in leaving Kansas City," Myers acknowledged. "I dont want to say they gave up on me. They made a move they thought would better their team and it did." Worked out well for Tampa Bay, too. The Rays were 36-33 before Myers arrived this season and went 56-38 the rest of the way. They won a tiebreaker at Texas for the final AL playoff berth and beat Cleveland in the wild-card game before getting eliminated by World Series champion Boston in the division series. Myers finished with 131 points in the balloting to 80 for the slick-fielding Iglesias, traded from the Red Sox to the Tigers just before the deadline in late July. Both teams ended up in the AL championship series. Iglesias was listed first on five ballots. Archer and fellow pitcher Dan Straily of the Oakland Athletics each got one first-place vote. M.J. Stewart Buccaneers Jersey . Inter moved five points behind fourth-place Fiorentina and eight points behind third-place Napoli, which visits relegation-threatened Sassuolo on Sunday. Alex Cappa Buccaneers Jersey . Ozuna hit Reeds 2-2 pitch off the batters eye far above the 407-foot sign in straightaway centre. It was the fifth blown save in 25 tries for Reed (1-5) and the ninth home run the closer has allowed in 38 appearances. Nuno, acquired in the deal that sent Brandon McCarthy to the New York Yankees, gave up three hits, struck out a career-high seven and walked one in seven innings. http://www.authenticbuccaneersstoreonli ... ns-Jersey/. PETERSBURG, Fla. Ronald Jones II Jersey . The 23-year-old Poland international is back as first choice at Arsenal after losing his regular spot in the team on occasions over the last three seasons. Jordan Whitehead Jersey . Vonn flew back to Vail, Colo., last week after hurting her surgically repaired right knee at a downhill race in France. "Her knee was swollen again after Val dIsere," U.S. womens head coach Alex Hoedlmoser told The Associated Press.NBA star Stephen Curry will not play in the Olympics after pulling out of the USA basketball team. Curry, who helped Golden State take a 2-0 lead over Cleveland in the NBA finals on Sunday, said he has decided to pull out for several factors including recent ankle and knee injuries.The point guard is the highest-profile absence for the two-time defending gold medalists, who will already be missing NBA All-Stars Chris Paul and Anthony Davis. Curry has won a pair of world titles with USA and was a starter when they won the 2014 Basketball World Cup. The 28-year-old had spoken of wanting the chance to win Olympic gold, but missed six games in the post-season with a right knee injury. Curry and Neymar swap shirts after Golden States 110-77 win over Cleveland at the weekend Curry saaid in statement: After a great deal of internal thought and several discussions with my family, the Warriors and my representatives, Ive elected to withdraw my name from the list of eligible players on Team USAs preliminary roster for the 2016 Summer Games in Brazil.dddddddddddd I recently informed Jerry Colangelo of this decision.My previous experiences with USA Basketball have been incredibly rewarding, educational and enjoyable, which made this an extremely difficult decision for me and my family. However, due to several factors - including recent ankle and knee injuries - I believe this is the best decision for me at this stage of my career.Its an incredible honour to represent your country and wear USA on your chest, but my primary basketball-related objective this summer needs to focus on my body and getting ready for the 2016-17 NBA season. Also See: WHO asks for new Zika probe Farah targets medals Cheap Jerseys Online Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping ' ' '

Messaggio giovedì 12 luglio 2018, 8:17
langouba Utente esperto

Sky Sports pundit Ray Parlour has paid tribute to former Arsenal team-mate David Rocastle on the 15th anniversary of his death. Rocastle died on March 31, 2001, just one month after revealing his battle with non-Hodgkins lymphoma, an aggressive form of cancer which attacks the immune system. He was 33.The midfielder made his debut for Arsenal in 1984 and was part of the team which travelled to Anfield for the final match of the season in May 1989 needing to beat Liverpool by two clear goals to clinch the title. Arsenal became English champions for the first time in 18 years when Michael Thomas scored in the last minute, adding to Alan Smiths earlier goal to secure a 2-0 victory.Rocastle won a second league title two years later before making a £2m switch to Leeds in 1992.After 18 months at Elland Road, he spent less than a year at Manchester City before returning to London, where he signed a four-year deal with Chelsea.The second half of his senior career was blighted by injuries, but Rocastle won 14 full caps for England and never played in a losing side at full international level.Parlour, who made his debut beside Rocastle in a 2-0 defeat by Liverpool at Anfield in January 1992, is thrilled that Arsenal fans still chant his former team-mates name. Ray Parlour (r) made his debut against Liverpool at Anfield in 1992 And he expects the supporters will pay a fitting tribute to Rocastle on Saturday when Arsenal entertain Watford in the Premier League.Speaking to Sky Sports Now, he said: David was an unbelievable player. Amazing to play with and a great lad as well.And he was a real help to the youngsters. You know that little group of players who come into the side at the time, Michael Thomas, Paul Merson, Tony Adams, they were fantastic to play with.Its a really sad time. I still see his wife and his son at the games, they have season tickets, they still go to the games, and they must be very proud when the crowd at Arsenal sing his name.Im sure theyll have a big sing song this weekend against Watford, and show the memories of the late David Rocastle, who was great player and a great man. Harry Kane Jersey England . Case in point: LeBron James vs. Ben McLemore. James was driving to the rim in the first quarter and McLemore decided to try to take the charge, which was quite admirable and predictably futile. David Beckham England Jersey . Trailing by a goal after 20 minutes of play, Joe Pavelski responded with three goals and an assist as the Sharks snapped a two-game losing skid with a 5-2 victory over the struggling Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday. http://www.worldcup2018jerseysengland.c ... vardy.html. The Missouri Tigers Defensive End and SEC Defensive player of the year is eligible for the upcoming NFL draft in May. Ashley Young England World Cup . The top-ranked Williams carried her winning momentum from 2013 into the new season, beating No. 2-ranked Victoria Azarenka 6-4, 7-5 on Saturday to defend her title at the Brisbane International and set the tone for the Australian Open. Jack Butland England Shirt . -- Gary Harris gave No.(SportsNetwork.com) - The Sacramento Kings will try to get over the .500 mark on Monday night when the struggling Utah Jazz pay a visit to Sleep Train Arena. The Kings have been reeling since DeMarcus Cousins left the lineup with a viral infection which caused him to be hospitalized. He wont be back for Mondays matchup with the Jazz. Sacramento has lost five of its last six, including a 105-96 home setback to the Orlando Magic on Saturday. The Kings are just 1-3 on this current homestand, which ends Monday. Orlando polished off a 3-3 road trip thanks to its win in Californias capital city. Give them credit, thats a hell of a road trip for them, said Kings head coach Mike Malone. This is their fourth game in five nights, and youd never be able to know it by the energy they played with tonight. Darren Collison had 22 for the Kings to lead the way. Jason Thompson scored 18, followed by 16 from Rudy Gay, who also handed out six assists and grabbed five rebounds. Derrick Williams chipped in 14 off the bench and Ramon Sessions added 10. The Kings allowed the Magic to shoot 50.6 percent from the field. The Jazz have dropped eight in a row. They havent won since a home victory over the Oklahoma City Thhunder on Nov.dddddddddddd 18 and only two of the losses during this skid came on the road. On Friday, the Jazz fell to the same Orlando team, 98-93. Derrick Favors provided 21 points and 13 boards with Magic center Nikola Vucevic sidelined with a back injury, while Trey Burke added 13 points and 11 helpers for Utah. Enes Kanter chipped in 16 points, while Rodney Hood, starting for the injured Alec Burks, had 15 points on 4-for-6 shooting, including a perfect 3-for-3 from long range. Despite shooting 45.6 percent from the floor and 50 percent from the 3-point line, the Jazz let the Magic shoot 50 percent from the field. And no matter how decently Utah shot the ball, it was still an eighth consecutive loss. Regardless of our long-term beliefs and commitment, theres an immediacy with losing thats difficult, explained head coach Quin Snyder. We live here in the moment, and in the moment losing is no fun. At the same time, we cant hang our heads or feel sorry for ourselves because were going to be in these situations and weve got to make them work to the best of our ability. The Jazz took two of three from Sacramento last season, but the Kings have won four of six as the host in this series. Cheap Jerseys Online Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping ' ' '

langouba Utente esperto

DALLAS -- Monta Ellis and Devin Harris scored 20 points apiece and the Dallas Mavericks extended Indianas season-long losing streak to four games with a 105-94 victory against the Pacers on Sunday night. The Pacers rallied from 17 points down in the first half and almost wiped out another double-digit deficit after halftime, but had the same offensive troubles late that plagued them early in the game. Paul George had 27 points and 11 rebounds to lead the Pacers, who stayed a game and a half up on Miami for the lead in the Eastern Conference after the Heat lost in overtime to Chicago. Dirk Nowitzki scored 14 points on a tough shooting night as the Mavericks swept the two-game season series from the Pacers, who were coming off their most lopsided loss in a 26-point defeat at Houston. Indiana was trailing 89-87 when Harris, who had a season high in points, had a three-point play on a driving layup and Nowitzki hit a pair of free throws. Ellis, who also had eight rebounds, put the game away in the final 2 minutes with a pair of jumpers that gave the Mavericks yet another double-digit lead at 102-92 with 56 seconds left. Lance Stephenson kept Indiana in the game early with 18 first-half points but was limited by foul trouble in the second half and finished with 21. George Hill scored 20 for Indiana. George was right on his scoring average from his last two trips to Dallas, but the Pacers couldnt get the defensive stops needed to make it three straight wins in Dallas. Shawn Marion scored 12 for Dallas, and Jose Calderon and Vince Carter had 10 apiece. Dallas reserves outscored Indianas 41-4. Two nights after blowing a 30-point lead before rallying in the fourth quarter to beat Portland, the Mavericks went up 17 early in the second quarter only to let the Pacers get within 48-45 by halftime and pull even on the first shot of the third quarter -- a 3-pointer by George. A sluggish offence had a lot to do with the Pacers early deficit. They had one shot-clock violation in the first half and three other times when the buzzer went off after a shot was taken. But they finally got going in the last 8 minutes of the second quarter and shot 64 per cent for the period. Indiana stayed close in the first half thanks to Stephenson, who was 7 of 8 from the floor before halftime and finished the second quarter by banking a shot in after floating across the lane. Nowitzki had plenty of open looks in the first half but just couldnt hit many, finishing 2 of 8 with five points before halftime. He was 3 of 14 from the field for the game. The Mavericks shot 28 per cent in the second quarter, best illustrated when Jae Crowder bounced a breakaway layup off the back of the rim and Ellis missed a short jumper after getting the rebound. NOTES: Pacers G C.J. Watson missed his second game with a sprained right elbow. Coach Frank Vogel said Watson could return Tuesday against Boston. ... Crowder left the game with an abdominal strain. ... Dallas recalled G Gal Mekel from the NBDL. He played three games for the Texas Legends in his first action since right knee surgery on Jan. 17. ... The Mavericks honoured Mike Modano at halftime a night after his No. 9 was retired by the Dallas Stars in the same building. ... A fan won $10,000 at halftime by getting three giant, inflatable dice to land on a dollar sign, drawing a huge roar from the crowd. John Brown Ravens Jersey . Infante hit a three-run homer in the sixth inning and had an RBI single in a four-run fifth against former teammate Justin Verlander, helping the Kansas City Royals beat the Tigers 11-8 Monday night. Anthony Averett Ravens Jersey .com) - Patrick Reed poured in a 19-foot birdie putt on the first playoff hole Monday to defeat Jimmy Walker and win the Hyundai Tournament of Champions. http://www.footballravensstore.us/authe ... ns-jersey/. Simon (10-3) allowed three runs on five hits and three walks in 6 1-3 innings to break a tie with the Dodgers Zack Greinke and Cardinals Adam Wainwright for the NL lead in victories. Simon went to spring training as a relief pitcher and moved into the starting rotation when Mat Latos was recovering from elbow and knee surgeries. Jaleel Scott Jersey . The triple gold medallist from the 2010 Paralympics tweeted on Tuesday: "Woke up with a virus yesterday. Timing couldnt be much worse. Not the ideal prep for the . Michael Crabtree Ravens Jersey . Im very excited about the playoffs, particularly in the Western Conference with amazing match-ups, as well as the wonderful local story in the Toronto Raptors. It should be a blast. Here are my predictions, but based upon my lousy prognostications during the NCAA Tournament, you might be better off going the other way on some of mine - particularly with the Raptors, who I hope and pray are able to win an incredibly difficult match-up.ST. LOUIS -- Getting drafted second overall has got to be a heady feeling. Greg Robinson checked any ego at the door, learning quickly how to fit in with the St. Louis Rams. The Rams plan on Robinson beginning his career at guard instead of tackle, where he starred at Auburn. The 6-foot-5, 332-pound Robinson has been a willing convert at a position he last played in high school in Thibodaux, Louisiana. "Everything happens faster," Robinson said. "I can get my hands on them faster, so its something that I think I can grow into. Sooner or later, its going to come." Running back Tre Mason ran behind Robinson on Auburns national championship runner-up team last year and has loads of confidence in his fellow rookie. The Tigers totalled 64 rushing touchdowns the last two seasons and the Rams anticipate Mason will be a change-of-pace option behind Zac Stacey. "When hes lead blocking for me, we love it," Mason said. "I know he can play anywhere on that O-line. Really, you could line him up at quarterback." Robinson could eventually move outside, given left tackle Jake Long is in the final year of his contract. Long is rehabbing from knee surgery and said Tuesday he expects to be ready for the opener. Robinson can draw on the experience of teammate Rodger Saffold, also a left tackle in college and at the start of his NFL career, too. "Yeah, he told me it was hard for him at the beginning, but something he got accustomed to," Robinson said. "Its something Im really going to have to work on and really learn in and out. Im sure theyre not goingg to play anybody thats not ready.dddddddddddd" Saffold started at three spots last year and will be the right guard, joking "at least I know where Ill be." The Rams re-signed him to a free-agent deal after he failed a physical in Oakland related to a shoulder injury, and hes comfortable playing guard for the foreseeable future. "Yeah, cant fight it," Saffold said. "Just got to roll with the punches. The goal is the same, its just one slot inside." Besides the physical factor, Robinson is adjusting to a much deeper playbook with even more wrinkles inside than at tackle. Robinson said Auburn perfected a "select few" plays. "Its a lot for him, but the good thing is hes listening to everybody," Saffold said. "We expect a lot out of him and hes coming along." Long, the first overall pick in 2008 by the Dolphins, has been doing a lot of individual work this week plus "stuff inside that you dont see," coach Jeff Fisher said. The Rams anticipate hell be a full participant by the middle of training camp. "Every week we try to introduce something more," Long said. "Im really excited and happy with how Im progressing." The 29-year-old Long said hes been rehabbing five or six hours a day for several weeks with the exception of a 10-day trip with his wife to Paris and Barcelona. "I wanted to do it and didnt want to do it at the same time," Long said. "The trainers told me I had to get out of the room for a few days. They were long days and they still are, but Im glad to do it." Cheap Jerseys Online Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping ' ' '

Messaggio giovedì 12 luglio 2018, 8:22
langouba Utente esperto

Despite a stunning late-season collapse that cost the Toronto Maple Leafs a playoff spot, general manager Dave Nonis believes Randy Carlyle is still the right man to lead the club. The Maple Leafs handed their embattled head coach a two-year contract extension on Thursday, while at the same time announcing that assistants Dave Farrish, Greg Cronin and Scott Gordon will not be back. "It was important for us to make it clear that Randy has the support needed to move forward," Nonis said on a conference call. "He has done a lot of good things for us and we expect him to continue that with some new assistants." There had been rampant speculation that Carlyle would pay with his job after a disastrous end to the most recent campaign saw Toronto tumble out of post-season contention thanks to an embarrassing 2-12-0 finish. Instead, Nonis and new Maple Leafs president Brendan Shanahan gassed Carlyles staff in hopes that some new voices can help the 58-year-old get the most out of Torontos underachieving roster. "If youve seen it being done before with most of the same players, or a lot of the same players, and with that coach leading that group, I know it can happen," said Nonis. "I know it has happened with this group before. I know that (Carlyle) has reached them before, reached them at times this year. "For me its not that were guessing whether or not he can have success or he can get through to them. Weve seen it. I know that its there and we feel he is the guy that can get through to this group." Carlyle -- who led the Maple Leafs to their first playoff appearance since 2004 in the lockout-shortened 2012-13 season -- had Toronto sitting second in the Atlantic Division this year before the wheels fell off in mid-March. "We feel that this group can continue to grow into a higher level of a hockey club," said Carlyle. "We just have to find and continue to push for a little bit more from the individuals and we are going to do everything we possibly can to change some of the things that are happening with our group." Despite calls from fans and media alike in Toronto for Carlyles dismissal, Nonis said he wasnt swayed by how the decision might play in the hockey-mad city. "If youre worried about optics in this market, its going to be a disaster," said Nonis. "I think you have to make a decision based on what you think is the best decision for the organization, and this in our minds was clearly the best option. "He was a guy we believe can get the job done for us. Whether optics are that its the wrong thing to do or not doesnt really matter to us. If youre looking at trying to please people, youre probably going to make some poor decisions." The Maple Leafs started the 2013-14 season on a 10-4-0 run, but Carlyle worried at the time that his team was getting away with sloppy play in the defensive zone. Going into and coming out of the Olympic break, the Leafs were rolling despite being badly outshot on most nights. When they beat the Kings in Los Angeles on March 13, they were in second place in the division. But starting goaltender Jonathan Bernier aggravated a groin injury that night, and though it was not considered serious at the time it proved to be devastating. James Reimer lost five straight and was pulled March 23 against the New Jersey Devils before Bernier returned and lost three more. The final night of that losing streak, March 29 against the Detroit Red Wings, was effectively the death knell for Torontos playoff hopes. "This hockey club has proven at times to be able to compete to a higher level," said Carlyle. "The consistency of our compete in our defensive zone coverage was the area of concern right from the opening month of the season. We harped on it, harped on it, harped on it, yet we were winning with it." Nonis made it clear that it was managements decision to clean out the assistant coaches. Carlyle had worked with Farrish since their days with the Anaheim Ducks, winning a Stanley Cup together in 2007. "Its a tough day and those are tough ones," said Carlyle, who also played junior hockey with Farrish. "The game of hockey is a great game, but the business side of hockey is an awful one. This is an awful day in our life, for our relationship between Dave Farrish and myself." Nonis said that Carlyle would be consulted on the new assistant coaches, but added the decisions will be a collaborative effort. Carlyle led Toronto to the playoffs last spring, but that run ended in disaster when the Leafs lost to the Boston Bruins in the Eastern Conference quarter-finals after blowing a three-goal, third-period lead in Game 7. "I think that we showed for periods as a group last year and the year before that what the team is capable of it -- that we have the ability to compete with top teams," said Nonis. "Why we got away from that at times, I think thats something were going to focus on over the course of the summer to put some answers there." Carlyle replaced the fired Ron Wilson in March of 2012, months after the Leafs previous coach signed a new contract extension. He went 6-9-3 to finish out that season and then 26-17-5 in 2013 season. In parts of three seasons with Toronto, the Sudbury, Ont., native has a combined record of 70-62-16. Nonis said its easy to blame a coaching staff and management when things go south, but added that the players also have to take a lot of the responsibility for a season that went off the rails so dramatically. "Our players have to be committed to do the things we did the year before that made us successful. The blame has to be spread around all of us," he said. "I think that were going to come back in the fall and the players are going to know that this coaching staff is committed to doing the things that we need done to be successful and they are going to have to perform." Dmitry Orlov Jersey .com) - Ryan Johansens creative moves and hometown appeal highlighted Team Folignos successful night at the NHL All- Star Skills Competition. Nicklas Backstrom Jersey .The Canadian teenage golf sensation announced Thursday shell join the LPGA Tour in 2015 instead of attending the University of Florida. http://www.authentichockeyshopcapitals. ... ls-jersey/. Bjoerndalen, who had failed to win any major race for two years before Sochi, writes in a Facebook entry that he is "full of energy and inspiration" after winning the 10-kilometre sprint and mixed relay at last months Olympics. Lucas Johansen Jersey . Arsenal had already scored its goals in the third round fixture when the fierce rivalry turned ugly in the final ten minutes as Walcott was being carried off on a stretcher. Brett Connolly Jersey . The midfielder had an operation on Saturday, and is set to miss seven Premier League games, the third round of the FA Cup and the semifinals of the League Cup.MADRID - Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo has been banned for three Spanish league games for receiving a red card and then making a mocking gesture toward the match officials in a game at Athletic Bilbao. The Portugal forward was shown a straight red for swiping his hand across the face of Bilbaos Carlos Gurpegis following a shove from his opponent in Sundays 1-1 league draw. TThe leagues disciplinary committee handed Ronaldo a one-game ban for the red card and two more games for his mocking gesture as he left the field.dddddddddddd Ronaldo will miss league games against Villarreal, Getafe, and Elche. Ronaldo, however, is available to play in the Copa del Rey semifinal against Atletico Madrid, with the first leg being played on Wednesday. Cheap Jerseys Online Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping ' ' '

Messaggio giovedì 12 luglio 2018, 8:23
langouba Utente esperto

Montreal Canadiens forward Tomas Plekanec did not travel with the team to Florida, instead returning to Montreal last night for family reasons, the team announced on Friday. Plekanec scored his 19th and 20th goals of the season to help lead the Canadiens to a 5-4 road victory over the Detroit Red Wings on Thursday. The Canadiens take on the Panthers on Saturday. Jake Dotchin Jersey . INJURIES - Cardinals 1B Matt Adams has been put on the DL with calf tightness, resulting in some lineup shifting, with Allen Craig moving from right field to first base, so that the Cardinals could bring up top prospect Oscar Taveras, who was the No. Dan Girardi Lightning Jersey . JOHNS, N. http://www.lightninghockeystore.us/Alex ... Jersey/.ca. The NHL Play of the Year showdown kicks off with some slick moves going head-to-head with a combination of soft hands and endless patience. Yanni Gourde Lightning Jersey . Calgarys Bo Levi Mitchell and Montreals Troy Smith will be the starting quarterbacks in a CFL season-opener for the first time in their careers. Both want to reinforce their No. 1 status. You can watch the game live in the first half of a doubleheader on TSN and TSN GO at 3:00pm et/Noon pt. Alex Killorn Jersey . Harrison Barnes had 15 points and Reggie Bullock scored 11 for the Tar Heels (17-3, 4-1 ACC), who took the court for the first time without starter Dexter Strickland. The junior guard tore his right ACL last Thursday at Virginia Tech and will miss the rest of the season.LIENZ, Austria -- Overcoming several injury-plagued seasons, Marlies Schild of Austria finally set the best mark for most World Cup slalom victories Sunday by winning her 35th race to overtake Switzerlands Vreni Schneider on top of the all-time list. The 32-year-old Schild is a four-time World Cup slalom champion, but she missed a host of races after breaking a leg in 2008 and then tore ligaments last year. That meant she was stuck on 33 slalom wins for close to two years until winning in Courchevel, France, this month. "My 34th win was a weight off my shoulders," Schild said. "Suddenly everything got easier in training though racing is still something different." Marie-Michele Gagnon of Lac-Etchemin, Que., just missed the podium with a fourth-place finish. Brittany Phelan of Mont-Tremblant, Que., was 11th to lock up a spot for the Sochi Olympics. "As much as it would have been nice to be on the podium Im still happy with fourth," said Gagnon, who has been racing slalom, giant slalom and super-G this year. "By the end of the second run my legs were shot. Im doing all the disciplines and I think its finally catching up to me. "Im going to take a little break and then get back to business." Phelan needed a top-12 result to meet the alpine qualification criteria for Sochi. "It started off shaky and then I got faster and faster down the course," she said. "For the second run I knew I had to clean up the top and I think it went pretty well. I just kind of went for it." Schild got her record-setting win in impressive style. Lying 0.69 seconds behind in sixth after the opening leg, she used a blistering second run to finish in one minute 55.63 seconds and beat American teenager Mikaela Shiffrin, who led the competition after the first run. Shiffrin finished 0.41 behind. Olympic slalom champion Maria Hoefl-Riesch of Germany was third, 0.63 behind Schild. "It was tough for me," said Schild, who celebrated her fourth career win in a Lienz slalom. "I had not a good feeling in the first run. In the second, my skiing felt really well and I just tried to point my skis down." The victory was Schilds 54th career podium in slalom. She is now tied with fellow Austrian Annemarie Moser-Proell (downhill) for the second most podiums in one discipline. Only another Austrian skier, Renate Goetschl, has more, with 59 top-three finishes in downhill. Shiffrin has never made a secret of her admiration for Schild, making her defeat by the Austrian bearable. "I always want to win but she skied better and was faster," Shiiffrin said.dddddddddddd "I am OK with taking second place. If she skies better, I am all for it. She is still one of my idols and she keeps inspiring me. As long as I am on the podium with her, I am happy." Shiffrin lost out on the chance to become the youngest winner of five slaloms in one calendar year. At 18 years and 291 days old, the American would have been 67 days younger than Janica Kostelic when the Croatian standout won five slaloms in 2000. However, the missed record didnt bother Shiffrin too much. "I am happy with a podium," Shiffrin said, adding "its a bit disappointing" to lose her first-run lead after failing to find her rhythm in the second. In two years since getting her first podium here in 2011, Shiffrin has 12 top-three finishes including five wins. She looked set for her sixth when she took the lead after the first run. In an increasingly heavy rain, Shiffrin was slowed by a mistake as she almost skied out four gates from the finish but still beat the field by 0.22. "I felt really good and the snow was awesome, so all good," said Shiffrin, who has been dominating slalom racing in 2013, winning the world title and the World Cup discipline title. Shiffrin maintained her lead in this seasons slalom standings with 202 points, two clear of Schild. Hoefl-Riesch went top of the overall standings with 611 points, edging Liechtensteins Tina Weirather by two as well. Many racers struggled with the rainy conditions, with Maria Pietilae-Holmner of Sweden and Kathrin Zettel of Austria, who were second and third respectively after the opening run, failing to finish. Hoefl-Riesch, fourth after the opening run, took full advantage. "Its a nice feeling," the German said. "Of course I benefited from others not finishing but I am just happy to get to the podium." Having won the overall title in 2011, Hoefl-Riesch is again one of the main contenders for this seasons crystal globe, with four-time champion Lindsey Vonn suffering from a knee injury and defending champion Tina Maze struggling to match her outstanding results from last season. The Slovenian finished more than three seconds off the lead in 15th. "The chance to compete for the overall title hasnt been as good for a long time as it is now," said Hoefl-Riesch, who is considering Weirather, Austrias Anna Fenninger en Switzerlands Lara Gut as her main challengers. "Regarding the overall title, its good to earn points here as my rivals dont do slalom." The womens World Cup continues with another slalom next Sunday in Bormio, Italy. Cheap Jerseys Online Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping ' ' '

langouba Utente esperto

MOBILE, Ala. -- Dee Ford prefers to keep things simple: Play hard and fast, and let others worry about his NFL draft stock. That approach certainly worked at the Senior Bowl. The Auburn defensive end had two first-half sacks, and Derek Carr and David Fales each threw a touchdown pass in the Souths 20-10 victory over the North on Saturday. Ford, who earned positive reviews from observers during the week, quickly dismissed a reporters suggestion that he made some money in the draft with his performance. "I dont do this for cash," said Ford, selected the games MVP. "I do this for pride. I do this because I really, really want to be great. The money will come. Im just all about perfecting what I do. "Ive still got a lot of work. Ive got the combine and pro day. My life doesnt stop here. Ive got to be consistent." The showcase game for top senior NFL prospects was mostly dominated by the defences. The South racked up five sacks of Virginia Techs Logan Thomas and intercepted three North passes. Princetons Caraun Reid also had two sacks. "Just talking to the linemen, they said these guys are kind of quick coming off the ball," Clemson quarterback Tajh Boyd of the North said. "Youve got to go out there and try to help those guys out." Alabama receiver Kevin Norwood caught a 24-yard touchdown pass from Fales of San Jose State and received the Souths Most Outstanding Player honours. Wisconsins James White scored on a 1-yard run with 6:04 left for the Norths only touchdown. He was selected the Norths MOP after rushing for 62 yards on 11 carries and making five catches for 15 yards. "I wanted to come out here and prove that I could do it all as a running back: Pass protect, catch the ball out of the backfield, run inside and run outside," White said. "I think I did it pretty well this week." Ford, meanwhile, couldnt quite do it all: He batted down a pass in the backfield deep in North territory that would have been a sure touchdown if hed held onto it. "I could have had a TD," said Ford, who still celebrated the play with a little dance. "I couldnt find the ball. Thats stuff I need to work on." Vanderbilt wide receiver Jordan Matthews briefly interrupted an interview to hand Ford a football. "Game ball, baby," Matthews told him. "I got that for you." Offensively, it looked just like what it was: an all-star game with players trying to get in sync with only a few days of practice. The quarterbacks who made the fewest mistakes won the day as the South built a 20-3 lead. Fresno States Carr started fast with three straight completions on the Souths opening drive. He capped the march with a 17-yard touchdown pass to Colorado State tight end Crockett Gillmore and finished 7 of 12 for 45 yards. "He was so open, I just wanted to get the ball in his hands and let him go," Carr said. Eastern Illinois quarterback Jimmy Garoppolos first two drives ended with field goals of 50 and 39 yards by Auburns Cody Parkey. Garoppolo, MVP of the East-West Shrine Game out of Tony Romos alma mater, was a late addition to the roster after Alabamas AJ McCarron declined an invitation. Garoppolo was 6-of-11 passing for 32 yards. Miamis Stephen Morris was 10 of 18 for a game-high 89 yards but also was intercepted twice. Boyd was 7 of 16 for 31 yards with an interception. Thomas only got five passes off, completing four for 17 yards. "I dont think I had much time to do anything with it," he said. Ford, who also had two sacks in the BCS championship, Parkey and Chris Davis all made a big impact a few weeks after their Auburn team lost to Florida State in the title game. Davis had an interception. They left this one in a better mood. "It was a great week for Auburn," Davis said. "Any time you get to come to an event like this, you want to showcase your talent. I think for the Auburn team, we did that." Eric Staal Wild Jersey . Bayern led second-place Leverkusen by 10 points with a game in hand, while Dortmund was another four points off the pace. Freiburg midfielder Felix Klaus scored in the last minute as his side twice came from behind to climb provisionally out of the relegation zone. Jared Spurgeon Wild Jersey . 9 Baylor Bears just needed some time to get on track in their first game after the Christmas break. http://www.hockeywildauthority.com/nino ... ersey-c-8/. A wide-eyed 18-year-old visiting North America for only the second time in his young life, Caboclo immediately noticed the "big tower" his new home is best known for. Jason Zucker Jersey . Pospisil, whose season-ending goal is to improve his ATP Tour ranking enough to qualify for one of the 32 seedings at Januarys Australian Open, dominated Karlovic in 59 minutes. The world No. 40 never faced a break point and limited the big mans threatening ace count to a mere eight, while striking five key aces of his own. Tyler Ennis Jersey .com) - The collective hearts of Chicago Bulls fans sank on Friday night when Derrick Rose went down with a leg injury against the Cleveland Cavaliers.MASON, Ohio -- Roger Federer still has his touch in Cincinnati. The Swiss star beat Andy Murray 6-3, 7-5 on Friday night to advance to the semifinals in the Western & Southern Open, a tournament he has won an unprecedented five times. Hell face Milos Raonic of Thornhill, Ont. The second-seeded Federer was on the offensive from the first point as he evened their career series at 11 wins apiece and showed hes going to be tough to beat. "Im very happy with how my level of play has now sort of installed itself," Federer said. Murray had saved all five break points this week, holding service in 26 games. He fought off that many break points in his first two games against Federer, who kept the pressure on, broke him to go up 3-2 and served it out. Murray appeared to gain a toehold when he broke Federer twice for a 4-1 lead in the second set, but Federer broke him twice to even it and then one more time to finish it off. "Pretty poor tennis from that stage of the match," Murray said. "I dont remember hitting very many good shots after the 4-1 game. "I blew it. Yeah. Its a shame." While Federer is trying to make it a half-dozen trophies in Cincinnati, Serena Williams is still trying for No. 1. Williams reached the semifinals on Friday, needing only 58 minutes to beat Jelena Jankovic 6-1, 6-3 with a dominating performance that left her feeling good about her chances. One caveat: Shes felt this way before and lost. "Sure, Id love to win here," Williams said. "But at the same time, I dont want to put that pressure on myself. Im trying to stay pressure-free." She advanced a day after Novak Djokovic was upset in straight sets by Tommy Robredo, ending his quest for the only Masters title that has eluded him. Djokovic wanted to win the title this week and become the first player to take all nine Masters events. Instead, its Williams whho has the chance to go for an elusive title.dddddddddddd She lost in the final last year to Victoria Azarenka, dropping a third-set tiebreaker. She has reached the semifinals only one other time (2006). Williams overall performance Friday was one of the best of her six Cincinnati appearances. "I feel really good," said Williams, who had seven aces. "I feel Im really relaxed now." Williams will face Caroline Wozniacki, who beat Agnieszka Radwanska 6-4, 7-6 (5) to reach the semifinals in Cincinnati for the first time in seven tries. Wozniacki made her WTA debut as a 15-year-old wild card in Cincinnati in 2005. She thinks about that moment whenever she returns, though it hasnt helped her very much on the court. "Of all the tournaments in the United States, Cincinnati is probably the tournament where Ive done the least well," she said. "So its nice to take that extra step." Fifth-seeded Maria Sharapova survived a match full of poor serving and beat second-seeded Simona Halep 3-6, 6-4, 6-4. Each player had her serve broken eight times during the 2-hour, 31-minute match. Sharapova double-faulted 11 times. Shell play ninth-seeded Ana Ivanovic, who beat Elina Svitolina 6-2, 6-3. In the mens bracket, Julien Benneteau upset Australian Open champion Stan Wawrinka 1-6, 6-1, 6-2. The third-seeded Wawrinka needed only 20 minutes to win the first set, then unraveled with unforced errors. Benneteau reached the semifinals in Cincinnati for the first time by taking advantage. "I can feel that he became tight and he forced and he made some mistakes, some unforced errors that he doesnt normally do," Benneteau said. Hell face sixth-seeded David Ferrer, who knocked off Robredo 6-4, 3-6, 6-3 to reach the semifinals for the first time in 11 appearances in Cincinnati. ------ AP freelance writer Mark Schmetzer contributed to this report. Cheap Jerseys Online Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping ' ' '

langouba Utente esperto

TORONTO -- The Toronto Argonauts have extended the contracts of international slotback/kick returner Chad Owens and national centre Jeff Keeping through the 2015 season. Owens led the CFL in both combined yards (2,298) and receptions (94) last season and was named an East Division all-star. He was named the leagues most outstanding player in 2012 when he broke Argos legend Michael (Pinball) Clemons record for most all-purpose yards in a single season with 3,863 and helped Toronto win the Grey Cup. He returned a punt 83 yards for a touchdown in Torontos season-opening 45-21 loss to Winnipeg on Thursday. Keeping had his best season as an Argonaut in 2013, when he was named the East Divisions outstanding offensive lineman. The Uxbridge, Ont., native was selected in the second round (18th overall) by the Argos in the 2005 CFL draft and was named the Argos nominee for most outstanding rookie. Keeping has played 131 games for Toronto, as well as nine playoff games, and was the teams staring centre for their 100th Grey Cup win at home. "Chad and Jeff represent two key members of our football club," Argos general manager Jim Barker said in a statement. "They have both performed at a very high level for us on the field, and both have exhibited rarely found leadership qualities that are crucial to maintaining a positive culture within our locker-room. We are very happy they have committed to being Argonauts for the foreseeable future." Hakeem Olajuwon Jersey . Viewers in the Canadiens region can watch the game on TSN Canadiens at 7:30pm et/4:30pm pt. The game can also be heard on TSN Radio Montreal 690. The Calgary Flames will see if they can take their recent hot streak on the road when they shoot for a sixth consecutive win Monday night in Montreal. Chris Paul Authentic Jersey .She struggled with a hacking cough, she was sick, and she twice celebrated too early, but she held her composure in a 6-3, 7-6 (5) victory on Saturday.On her third match point, she let her racket go before hearing a let call to what she thought was an ace. http://www.authenticrocketsproshop.com/ ... n-Jersey/.? It was his second straight start for the Jets; he suffered a 1-0 loss against Minnesota Monday. So this season Hutchinson has now won games in the ECHL, AHL and NHL. He was perfect three- for-three in the shootout to nail down the win. Tyler Ennis Jersey . The Calgary skip fell 10-8 to Swedens Oskar Eriksson in semifinal action Saturday and will face Switzerlands Peter de Cruz for the bronze medal (Saturday at 10pm et/7pm pt on TSN2). Clyde Drexler Jersey . Rockies manager Walt Weiss was unhappy, too. Weiss addressed the issue in a 15-minute meeting with his pitcher and catcher after the Rockies gave up 14 hits and lost 10-1. De La Rosa lasted only 4 1-3 innings and allowed five runs in his first opening-day start. CLEVELAND -- Kyrie Irving wasnt about to come up short a third time. Irving, who missed potential game-winning shots at the end of regulation and the first overtime, scored on a layup with 0.6 seconds remaining in the second extra session to lift the Cleveland Cavaliers a 127-125 win over the Philadelphia 76ers on Saturday night. "Thirty-three per cent isnt bad, Id take that any day," said Irving, who scored a season-high 39 points. Irvings winning basket ended a wild 22 minutes of play that saw Cleveland rally from a 10-point deficit to begin the fourth quarter and Philadelphia tie the game late in regulation and in the first overtime. The Cavaliers led 125-122 after Irving hit two free throws with 21.1 seconds left in the second OT, but rookie Michael Carter-Williams tied the game with a 3-pointer from the top of the key over Irving with 11.3 seconds remaining. The Cavaliers called timeout and chose to take the ball the length of the floor. Irving took the inbounds pass, avoided a double team near the top of the key, drove the lane and scored on a left-handed layup. "The middle was wide open," Irving said. "Hes a spectacular player," Cavaliers coach Mike Brown said. "When you have a guy like Kyrie, youre going to have plenty of opportunities to win. Each time I thought he took the right shot. I applaud him to try to close the game the right way. When the game was on the line, we put the ball in his hands to go get it for us." Sixers coach Brett Brown gave Irving full credit. "Kyrie is just incredibly elusive and skilled," he said. "We tried to bring our bigs out to corral him and try and double-(team), but you really cant corral him and keep in front of him. He is such an unusual player to guard, you dont see too many like him in the NBA. Kevin Durant is one of the few other ones." Philadelphia called timeout, but Carter-Williams inbounds pass went out of bounds. Thaddeus Youngs lay-in with 5.5 seconds remaining tied the game in regulation and Evan Turners baseline drive tied it with 8.7 seconds left in the first overtime. Dion Waiters scored 24 points and Jarrett Jack added 20 for the Cavaliers in the second game of the home-and-home set. Turner led the Sixers with 31 poiints and Young had 29.dddddddddddd "That was a great NBA game," Philadelphia coach Brett Brown said. "The only negative is that we lost. I told our guys how proud I am of them because they continued to fight and find any way possible to win." Irving scored 13 points in the final period to help Cleveland overcome a 10-point deficit. Cleveland stretched the lead to 97-92, but the Sixers cut the lead to one on two occasions in the final minute. Tristan Thompson split two free throws with 10.5 seconds to go before Young tied the game with a strong drive past Thompson. Irving got to the rim, but his layup rolled off. Cleveland built a 116-109 lead with 1:35 left in the first OT, but the Sixers rallied again. Following Turners game-tying basket, Irving jumper bounced away at the buzzer. Philadelphia, picked by many to be one of the worst teams in the league, has been an early surprise. The Sixers won their first three games, including victories over Miami and Chicago, but then had home losses to Golden State and Washington by a total of 34 points. The Sixers rallied from a 14-point deficit in the first quarter Friday to blow out the Cavaliers. Cleveland centre Andrew Bynum didnt play in order to rest his sore knees. The 7-footer has yet to play in games on back-to-back nights as he works his way back from surgery on both knees. Bynum was booed throughout his return to Philadelphia on Friday when he scored four points and had five rebounds in 18 minutes. Cavaliers rookie forward Anthony Bennett, who strained his right shoulder Friday, was scoreless in nine minutes. Bennett, the No. 1 pick in the NBA draft, has struggled in the early going of his first season, hitting 1 of 21 shots from the field. NOTES: Irving, who is listed at 6-foot-3 and 193 pounds, took a charge from Sixers C Spencer Hawes, who is 7-1 and 245 pounds, in the second quarter. ... Alonzo Gee started at small forward for Cleveland in place of Earl Clark, who started the first six games, but is averaging four points and shooting 30 per cent from the field. Gee scored two points in 22 minutes while Clark didnt play. ... C Daniel Orton (sore right knee) missed his second straight game for the Sixers. He was injured Wednesday against the Wizards. Cheap Jerseys Online Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping ' ' '

Messaggio giovedì 12 luglio 2018, 8:28
langouba Utente esperto

ORLANDO, Fla. - Matthias Vihjalmsson scored the eventual winner in the 42nd minute to give Iceland a 2-1 victory over Canada in a mens national soccer friendly on Friday.Kristinn Steindorsson scored six minutes into the match and starting goalkeeper Hannes Thor Halldorsson held the Canadians scoreless in the first half. Ingvar Jonsson stopped two-of-three shots in the second half.Canadas all-time leading scorer Dwayne De Rosario had the Canadians lone goal in the 70th minute. Maxim Tissot and Samuel Piette added assists.De Rosario, whos currently a free agent after Toronto FC declined the option on his contract for the upcoming season, called the Canadian performance something to build on.We played some good football, the 36-year-old Toronto native said. Two plays where we lose focus and get scored on. One thing the coach (Benito Floro) said was limit their free kicks and corner kicks and the first five minutes, what do we do? We take a man down in the box and they score.So its just being mindful, being aware and paying attention to details. If we can do that, were looking good because the way we are moving the ball, our rhythm of play is getting better and better.Canadian keeper Kyriakos Stamatopoulos allowed both Iceland goals on three shots on net.Canada is ranked 112th in the world while Iceland is 33rd.The two sides had played each other only once before — a 1-1 draw in an international friendly in Reykjavik on Aug. 22, 2007.They meet again Monday in Orlando. Lorenzo Cain Brewers Jersey . Its the second of three meetings between these teams this season. Vancouver was a 2-1 winner on home ice December 22nd. Matt Garza Jersey . After falling 5-0 on home ice in a game that could have tied them for second in the wild card standings, Washington head coach Adam Oates had some strong words for Capitals superstar Alex Ovechkin. http://www.baseballbrewersproshop.com/j ... rs-jersey/. - The Mavericks built a 12-point lead with 2:50 to play, gave away all but two points of it, and still managed to hang on. Ryan Braun Brewers Jersey . Wheeler said Kane was just making a joke that was misunderstood and misinterpreted by "Winnipeg folks" and the media once again. Wheeler repeated that he believes Kane is a player who has the ability to help the Jets get to the next level as they try once again to reach the playoffs in 2014. He made the comments initially in an interview, when asked how the Jets could compete in the Central Division with teams that have made some high-profile off-season signings. Eric Thames Jersey . “Momentum is only as good as the next days starter,” the long-time Baltimore Orioles manager famously quipped.VANCOUVER - The B.C. Lions and Calgary Stampeders will put on a quarterbacking show Friday in their final game of the 2014 CFL regular season at B.C. Place Stadium. Both clubs plan to use two signal-callers as they get ready for the playoffs. Kevin Glenn will start as usual for the Lions (9-8) as they attempt to lock up third place in the West Division. But rarely used backup John Beck, the leagues oldest rookie quarterback at 33, will also see action. Catch the all the action on TSN Radio 1040 starting at 5:30pm PT. Its one of those situations where Im going to let (Glenn) play as much as he needs to, said Lions coach Mike Benevides. I dont have any thoughts of having a sequence in and out. Backup Drew Tate will start for the Stampeders (14-3), who have secured first place and a bye to the Western Final at home. Starter Bo Levi Mitchell will see limited duty as Calgary attempts to bounce back from an upset loss to Winnipeg during a snowstorm at home last weekend. With a win, the Lions can clinch third and a road game against the Edmonton Eskimos. If B.C. loses, a possible cross-over to the East Division playoffs could result. To be honest with you, as anybody says, nobody really cares (about playing in the West or East), as long as we get an opportunity, said Benevides. But I do think that, in order to have any sort of momentum and feel the way we should feel as a football team, or need to feel, we have to find a way to play well (Friday). While using multiple quarterbacks, both clubs will also make numerous lineup changes as they attempt to make up for embarrassing losses. The Lions are looking to bounce back after an embarrassing 37-3 loss in Edmonton last weekend. Glenn said its important for the Lions to play well even though the Stampeders will not be as strong as usual. The 14-year veteran said he understands his team needs to rest him, but he also has a strong desire to play. He does not need considerable playing time to tune up for the playoffs. Its the time that (coaches are) willing to give, he said. Ive been in this league long enough to know that I dont necessarily have to play the whole game to be ready, if thats the given situatioon and they want to play other guys, to see other guys.dddddddddddd Beck, a former NFL journeyman was initially slated to be No. 3 but moved into a backup role after Glenn assumed the No. 1 role in wake of Travis Lulays shoulder troubles. Beck could see his most minutes yet behind centre. Thats exciting for me, said Beck. So whatever happens, happens. Nothings really been set out (in terms of) specifics. B.C.s other most notable change on offence will see running back Stefan Logan assume the starting tailback role after he missed four games — two due to injury and two more after being displaced from the roster. Linebacker Adam Bighills absence (hand) will be the most significant one on defence. Despite the fact that the game is shaping up as a quasi-exhibition contest due to all of the lineup changes, B.C. defensive back Ryan Phillips said the Lions have a renewed sense of urgency in wake of the one-sided loss to Edmonton. Were not looking at this game as a meaningless game or anything like that, said Phillips. Every game counts. Meanwhile, Calgary general manager and coach John Hufnagel plans to play QBs Tate and Mitchell on a 50-50 or 60-40 basis depending on how the game goes. Hufnagel chose to start Tate in order to give him added pressure in case he has to play in the post-season. The Stamps want to play well heading into a bye in order to avoid a repeat home loss in the West Final after they fell to eventual Grey Cup champion Saskatchewan last year. We definitely dont want to have that happen again, and (we want to) just take advantage of the opportunity that we all have (Friday), said Tate. The Stamps will try to regain their offensive momentum without CFL rushing leader Jon Cornish, who had to leave Saturdays game against Winnipeg in the second quarter after bouncing his head off the McMahon Stadium turf. Martell Mallett will see the lions share, so to speak in his place, said Hufnagel. While many teammates are rested, Calgary receiver Marquay McDaniel will return after being out since Sept. 13 with a broken wrist. (The game) might not mean anything, but it means something to me just being out there, said McDaniel. Cheap Jerseys Online Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping ' ' '

Messaggio giovedì 12 luglio 2018, 8:29
langouba Utente esperto

Milwaukee, WI (SportsNetwork.com) - Kemba Walker poured in 27 points to lead the resurgent Charlotte Hornets to a fourth straight victory, a 108-101 decision over the Milwaukee Bucks at the Bradley Center. Five other Charlotte players finished in double figures as the Hornets extended their season-best win streak, which followed a 2-14 stretch. Gerald Henderson chipped in 20 points, Al Jefferson had 12 along with nine rebounds and Marvin Williams went 4-of-5 from 3-point range in a 12-point effort off the bench. Theyre a good team, said Charlotte coach Steve Clifford. They beat us up- and-down the floor, which weve been good at, but we are able to stay in there and make the plays we needed. The Bucks dropped a seventh straight game to Charlotte despite a season-high 34 points from Brandon Knight. Khris Middleton and Giannis Antetokounmpo finished with 12 and 11, respectively, in the loss. A strong finish carried the Hornets to this latest win. Charlotte was clinging to a one-point lead late in the third quarter before embarking on an 11-2 run, during which Williams buried a key triple and Walker netted the final four points to stake his team to an 86-76 advantage with 1:20 remaining in the period. Knight got the Bucks back in it, however, accounting for all of Milwaukees points during an 8-1 surge that cut an 11-point deficit with under three minutes left down to four. His trey with 25.9 seconds to go pulled the Bucks within 103-99. Milwaukee came up empty on its next two possessions, though, and Henderson and Walker sealed the result by hitting 5-of-6 free throws in the closing moments. We didnt have any rhythm offensively, said Bucks head coach Jason Kidd. We turned the ball over, we missed a lot of shots. Everytime we tried to make a run we turned it over and when you do that, it puts you behind the 8-ball and thats what happened tonight. Charlotte was up by six just over three minutes into the second quarter when the Bucks put together their best run of the night, a 14-2 sequence led by the bench that opened up a 49-43 lead with 4:57 remaining in the half. The Hornets answered with six straight to pull even, but Knights triple 2.4 seconds prior to the intermission had Milwaukee ahead 56-54 at the break. An 8-0 push capped by a Henderson jumper gave Charlotte a 71-64 edge midway through the third quarter. However, 3-pointers by Knight and Jared Dudley ignited a 10-4 stretch that had Milwaukee trailing by just one with 3:47 left in the frame. The Bucks had a 30-28 lead after one quarter behind 10 points from Knight, but the Hornets scored the first seven points of the second to pull in front. Game Notes Milwaukee forward Ersan Ilyasova returned from a nine-game absence due to a broken nose, scoring four points in 16-plus minutes ... The Hornets are averaging 107.8 points during their win streak, while Walker has scored at a 24.4 ppg clip over this last five games ... Knights total was just three points shy of a career high set at the Lakers on Dec. 31, 2013 ... Charlotte ended 28-of-36 from the foul line while the Bucks were 15-of-20 from the stripe. Pat Neshek Phillies Jersey . "Im going to send Webbie a six-pack (of beer) tonight," she said. Webb wasnt sure that would help. "Ill probably drink one and go to sleep," the Australian veteran said. The two players set up a Sunday showdown between former HSBC champions after finishing off their third rounds with identical birdies over three of the last five holes Saturday to separate themselves slightly from the rest of the crowded leaderboard. Darren Daulton Phillies Jersey . The New York-based Committee to Protect Journalists detailed in a report how Russian and international journalists have been harassed and prevented from covering sensitive stories in Sochi such as the abuse of migrant workers and environmental issues. http://www.baseballphilliesofficial.com ... -c-15/.com) - SirDominic Pointer posted career highs of 24 points and seven steals to lead No. Chase Utley Phillies Jersey . -- Jesse Lussier scored 8:24 into overtime as the Halifax Mooseheads erased a four-goal deficit to beat the host Val-dOr Foreurs 6-5 on Tuesday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League playoff action. Richie Ashburn Phillies Jersey . UEFA said Wednesday that the champions of England and France only have to include five home-trained players in their 21-man squads next season instead of the expected eight. Only one of the five players needs to be trained by the club itself.JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - The Jacksonville Jaguars have taken another step toward parting ways with suspended receiver Justin Blackmon. The Jaguars removed Blackmons name plate from atop his locker, the latest indication that the former first-round draft pick has no future with the franchise. The team placed rookie quarterback Stephen Morris from Miami in the stall. Blackmon is suspended without pay indefinitely for repeated violations of the leagues substance-abuse policy, and general manager Dave Caldwell indicated last week that he would consider cutting Blackmon when and if he gets reinstated. Owner Shad Khan weighed in after the teams state-of-the-franchise presentation Tuesday. "I think its an absolute tragedy," he said. "I have a hard time expressing. Im a parent myself. I met with his parents. I think hes such a talented guy, the best years ahead of him. But after a while, its out of your control." The Jaguars have expressed disappointment with not being in contact with Blackmon, and NFL rules limit contact coaches and front-office personnel can have with suspended players. "The league has rules. We have to follow them. And its simple as that," Khan said. "The league, the players association, theres a huge amount of resources. The only thing I can (say) is please take advantage of it. If youre a player, its like all of this stuff is being offered to you. Take advantage of it. I think NFL players are so lucky from the viewpoint all these resources that are available to him." Blackmon was suspended the first four games of last year for violating the substance-abuse policy. Hee played four games before getting suspended again — at least for a year.dddddddddddd The Jaguars had been hoping Blackmon would be eligible to return after eight games in 2014. But after losing contact with him, coach Gus Bradley said last week that "it doesnt sound like its going in the right direction. ... We cant count on him." Jacksonville drafted two receivers in the second round Friday to fill the void, selecting USCs Marqise Lee with the 39th overall pick and then adding Penn States Allen Robinson at No. 61. "Having those guys in that room will definitely help us get better on the field," fellow receiver Cecil Shorts III said. Blackmon has 93 catches for 1,280 yards and six scores in 20 games — all since Jacksonville traded up to select the former Oklahoma State star with the fifth overall pick in the 2012 draft. His problems have been off the field. Blackmon was involved in three substance-related incidents in three years. He was arrested on a misdemeanour DUI charge in Texas in 2010 after officers caught him speeding on a suburban Dallas highway. The charge was later reduced to an underage alcohol possession charge. A little more than a month after the Jaguars drafted him, he was arrested during a traffic stop in Stillwater, Oklahoma, after a breath test allegedly showed his blood alcohol content to be three times the legal limit. A subsequent violation landed him the four-game suspension. Another one got him the indefinite suspension. Khan said the tough part is that Blackmon doesnt seem to want help. "Its frankly hard to understand," Khan said. Cheap Jerseys Online Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping ' ' '

Torna a Benvenuti !