Indice Neofiti & guide for dummies Domande generiche g for me, Wong said. I let a lot of emotion out

g for me, Wong said. I let a lot of emotion out

Varie richieste sulla famiglia Synology, compatibilità prodotti e specifiche

Moderatore: Moderatori

Messaggio martedì 7 agosto 2018, 10:45
lw789 Guru del forum

ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Cardinals try to punch their ticket to the National League Championship Series on Tuesday when they play Game 4 of the NLDS against the Los Angeles Dodgers at Busch Stadium. It wont be easy for St. Louis, though, as it will go up against Dodgers left- hander Clayton Kershaw, who will be pitching on short rest following his Game 1 loss. The probable NL Cy Young Award winner was cruising along against the Cardinals on Friday, but was unable to hold a five-run lead, as St. Louis scored eight times in the seventh and roughed Kershaw up for eight runs in 6 2/3 innings in a 10-9 win. Theres always something to prove. This game is very humbling, said Kershaw. I try not to look at all the numbers and all the stats, just try to go out and try to win a game for us (Tuesday). You try to stay on as even keel as you possibly can and just prepare for the next one. Kershaw had given up seven runs in four innings in the decisive Game 6 of the NL Championship Series against the Cardinals last year. With the poor showing in Game 1, Kershaw became the first pitcher in major league history to give up seven runs or more in back-to-back postseason starts. Obviously after as bad as I pitched in Game 1, it wasnt going to be me going in there and say, I want the ball, Kershaw said. But I was definitely ready for it and definitely wanted to do it, just waiting for the opportunity. The postseason, though, hasnt been kind to the two-time NL Cy Young Award winner, as he is 1-4 with a 5.20 ERA in 10 games (7 starts). St. Louis has been even less friendly. In his last five starts at Busch Stadium, Kershaw is 0-4 with a 6.28 ERA. Still, Dodgers manager Don Mattingly had no problem going to his ace, and for good reason. Kershaw was absolutely marvelous for the Dodgers this season, as he led the majors with a 21-3 record, an .875 winning percentage, a 1.77 ERA and an 0.86 WHIP. He was also second in the NL with 239 strikeouts, three behind Johnny Cueto of the Reds and Stephen Strasburg of the Nationals, in 27 starts. Hes back to business, its Clayton Kershaw, Mattingly said. I hate to say it like that. These kind of guys dont curl up and go away. You dont get to where you are, you dont win four ERA titles and end up going to win three out of the last four Cy Youngs -- could have won all four of them -- just by anything goes bad, you just curl up and go away. These guys go to work, they come back. They keep working and they keep going. So this is a different cat. St. Louis grabbed the upper hand in this best-of-five set on Monday, as Kolten Wongs two-run blast in the seventh inning was enough to give the Cardinals a 3-1 victory. To finally contribute to this team and do something special is exciting for me, Wong said. I let a lot of emotion out. It was an awesome feeling. Im glad I was able to give us the lead. John Lackey (1-0) struck out eight over seven innings and allowed just one run on five hits. Matt Carpenter hit his third home run of the series for St. Louis, which is vying for its fourth straight NLCS appearance. Carpenter, who had eight home runs over 595 at-bats this season and had never in his career gone deep in back-to-back games, became the just the sixth player to homer in the first three games of a single postseason. Also, all three of his home runs have come off of three different lefties. He had homered just twice off of a left-hander in the previous six months. With two home runs on Monday and six in the series, the Cardinals have tallied 10 of their 15 NLDS runs off the long ball. St. Louis ranked last in the NL with 105 home runs in the regular season. Getting the call for the Cardinals on Tuesday will be righty Shelby Miller, who will be making his first postseason start after going 10-9 with a 3.74 ERA. I know Ill be nervous, excited, Miller said. I feel like its an awesome opportunity to get to pitch in games like this. My whole life Ive been excited and been waiting for this kind of opportunity. I think the biggest thing is just take it all in and just fight for my teammates. Miller lost his only start against the Dodgers this season and is 1-1 in five games (3 starts) against them with a 6.57 ERA. Los Angeles took four of the seven regular season matchups between these clubs this season. St. Louis and Los Angeles have met four times in the playoffs (1985, 2004, 2009, 2013) and the Dodgers won only one series, sweeping the Cards in three games in the 2009 Division Series. Isiah Thomas Jersey . Alfredo Simon lowered his ERA to 0.86, and the Reds beat the Chicago Cubs 4-1 Friday for their 16th win in their last 17 games at the Friendly Confines. Stanley Johnson Jersey .m. ET, CBSOPENING LINE — Falcons by 3 1/2RECORD VS. http://www.shoppistons.com/Cheap-Christ ... ns-Jersey/. On Saturday, the paths of Drew Tate and Kevin Glenn cross again as opposing quarterbacks. Jerry Stackhouse Jersey . The 23-year-old from Thornhill, Ont., defeated Germanys Benjamin Becker 6-3, 6-4 on Tuesday in the fourth round of the Sony Open in just 89 minutes. Grant Long Jersey . Messis 75th-minute goal answered some of the criticism the clubs all-time leading scorer had received for his lacklustre performances in the teams recent losses in the league, Champions League and Copa del Rey final.Bob Willis was impressed with an out of character innings from Alex Hales on day one of the first Investec Test between England and Sri Lanka. The opener was 71 not out from 154 balls when the rain came down to curtail Thursdays play at Headingley with England 171-5.Having struggled in South Africa over the winter, Hales appears to have learnt from his mistakes, according to Willis. Its always tough batting at Headingley under leaden skies and it was no surprise that England were put in to bat, he told Sky Sports.It was a quite out of character innings by Alex Hales, who you expect to be looking to hit fours and sixes all the time but he left the ball pretty well. It was a conscientious, rather slow but important opening stand.I think Hales has had to think about a lot of things. He started off trying to play Test cricket like he played one-day cricket and he found the bowling at the top level was far too good to try and do that. There are very few players who manage to go in and play shots at the top of the order and get away with it. Watch the pick of the action from the first day of the first Test between England and Sri Lanka Hes been a bit more circumspect, I think he knows hes probably got these three matches to convince the selectors that he is qualified to open the batting for England in Test cricket. Youve got to hand it to him for the way he played today.I dont think we want three players at the top of the order batting at the same pace as Compton and Cook so if the ball is there to be hit on a sunny day, on a flat wicket, Im sure hell hit it.Willis also praised Jonny Bairstows contribution and saw shades of an Australian great in the wicketkeepers innings. The Verdict discuss Jonny Bairstows knock on day one against Sri Lanka and his rising status in the England team, drawing comparisons to Adam Gilchrist Ben Stokes and Jonny Bairstow seemed to be given license to play their strokes, he said.dddddddddddd It didnt work out for Stokes but Bairstow played a Gilchrist-like counter-attacking innings and the partnership with Hales has got England part-way out of the mire.Mahela Jayawardene was in agreement and felt Bairstow changed the whole complexion of the England innings.From ball one, he showed intent, said the Sri Lankan legend. Hes been batting really well this summer, hes got runs behind him and the use of his feet, playing spin, being aggressive - he changed the tempo of that England innings. Bairstow looked in good touch against Sri Lanka Sri Lanka were on top but he came in, played mostly controlled shots, but it was more like a one-day innings that he played and it probably helped Hales to come out of his shell again.Watch live coverage from day two of the first Test between England and Sri Lanka at Headingley, live on Sky Sports 2 from 10.30am on Friday. You can also catch highlights from day one at 8pm on Sky Sports 3, with The Verdict following immediately after at 9pm. Also See: England fight back against SL WATCH: Story of Day One Sky Cricket Podcast England v Sri Lanka on Sky Sports Cheap Chargers Jerseys Cheap Rams Jersey Cheap Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Vikings Jerseys Cheap Patriots Jersey Cheap Saints Jerseys Cheap New York Giants Jerseys Cheap Jets Jerseys Cheap Raiders Jerseys Cheap Eagles Jerseys Cheap Steelers Jerseys Cheap 49ers Jerseys Cheap Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Titans Jerseys Cheap Redskins Jerseys ' ' '

Torna a Domande generiche