Indice Area Generale Benvenuti ! pronounced himself more ready for

pronounced himself more ready for

I nuovi utenti possono presentarsi alla nostra community, facendo nuove amicizie e condividendo la propria passione!

Moderatore: Moderatori

Messaggio venerdì 3 agosto 2018, 8:08
lw789 Guru del forum

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Royals ace James Shields is open to staying in Kansas City beyond this season. That news should make the thousands of fans, already flying high over the teams strong finish a year ago, feel even better as they turned out for their annual FanFest on Friday. The Royals exercised their $13.5 million option on Shieldss contract shortly after going 86-76 last season, their best finish since 1989. The durable right-hander was a big reason behind the success, going 13-9 with a 3.15 ERA in an American League-leading 228.2 innings. Shields told a small group of reporters at Bartle Hall that he was willing to discuss an extension, but he said those talks with general manager Dayton Moore have not taken place. "Id definitely be open-minded to it," Shields said. "A player in my position, where I have one more year left before free agency, I mean, Im definitely open to it. I like Kansas City. I like the organization and I like the direction were going." If Shields went to the open market, its unlikely that the Royals would be a player in the chase. There were reports this off-season that he would seek a contract similar to that of former Royals star Zack Greinke, who signed a $147 million, six-year deal with the Dodgers last season. "Thats absolutely not true at all," Shields said. "I have no clue where he got that from, to be honest with you. Ive had no discussions with Dayton at all. "If Dayton wants to talk about it, Im more than willing to sit and talk about it. But during the season, my main focus is trying to win games and get some wins for this team." Pitchers and catchers are due to report to Surprise, Ariz., for the start of spring training on Feb. 14. The first full-squad workout is Feb. 20. Most of the Royals key pieces return from last season, when they contended into September for the first time in a decade. Their two biggest holes were filled by trading reliever Will Smith to Milwaukee for right field Norichika Aoki and signing Omar Infante to solidify second base. "I didnt think our defence could get any better," Shields said, "but theyre definitely filling some holes that we had. And theyre great additions to our lineup." Then theres the starting rotation, where Ervin Santana has become a free agent. While the right-hander has yet to sign elsewhere, the Royals appeared to move on when they signed left-hander Jason Vargas to a contract early in the off-season. Along with Jeremy Guthrie, the first three spots in the rotation are set. That leaves two up for grabs among a handful of candidates, including starters-turned-relievers Wade Davis and Luke Hochevar, veteran Bruce Chen, left-hander Danny Duffy and flame-thrower Yordano Ventura. "Ive just been working hard, resting my arm," said Ventura, who had a 3.52 ERA in three late-season starts in Kansas City. "Ive just been getting ready because I want to get out there and make the team." That doesnt figure to be an easy task given the glut of competition. "Its a competitive game anyway," Davis said. "Why not do it from within a little bit?" Davis said that he spent the off-season in the weight room, and pronounced himself more ready for this season than any previous year. He also said that hes already been throwing some bullpen sessions, giving him a head start on reporting for spring training. "Im definitely going in to start," said Davis, who began last season in the rotation but was demoted to the bullpen when he proved ineffective. "Hopefully I get that opportunity." Abby Dahlkemper Jersey . Stepanek gave the Czech Republic its second straight Davis Cup title Sunday, sweeping past Dusan Lajovic in straight sets in the fifth and decisive match to secure a 3-2 win over Serbia in the final. Casey Short Jersey . Even that couldnt slow them down against the New Orleans Hornets. Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook scored 31 points apiece and the Thunder overcame injuries to two key backups to beat New Orleans 101-93 Monday night for their 10th straight home win. http://www.socceruswntshop.com/christen ... sa-jersey/. -- Justin Verlander took a no-hit bid into the sixth inning and won his fourth straight decision, leading Detroit over the Kansas City Royals 9-4 Sunday and extending the Tigers winning streak to a season-high five games. Julie Ertz Jersey . -- Damian Lillard couldnt believe when he got a clear look at the rim. Sam Mewis Jersey . They were right in that they responded to coach Randy Carlyles goaltending switch to erase a two-goal deficit.Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp refused to use tired legs as an excuse after his side drew 0-0 at Southampton on Saturday. The Reds largely dominated at a rain-soaked St Marys but failed to take their chances, with Roberto Firmino and Nathaniel Clyne both missing good opportunities in the second half.Firmino and Clyne were among several Liverpool players who were away on international duty in the week and even though some only returned a couple of days before the trip to the south coast, Klopp did not use that as an excuse for the stalemate. We decided to buy players from Brazil, or with the longest distance, so thats the situation, we cannot change it, he told Sky Sports. There is nothing to think about. We have to use the seconds and minutes from when the plane lands and the next game starts, its a challenge but it was possible. Charlie Nicholas gives his thoughts on the draw We had no session to prepare because guys came back too late, so we used the first half to prepare for the second half.We did well. We had three really big chances and it should be enough, but its not a probleem.ddddddddddddy experience tells me that usually a game like this you lose when you are not ready to fight, and we were ready to fight, even for the draw. We deserved a point as minimum so Im completely fine. Watch highlights of the match The draw means Liverpool have been joined at the top of the Premier League by Manchester City, and could be leapfrogged by Chelsea if they beat Middlesbrough on Nissan Super Sunday.Klopp admitted the Reds could have won with the chances they had, but was pleased with the display, particularly after half-time.It was an intense game, the first half was not bad, but not bad is not good enough, he said. Second half was very good. We could have won with the chances, but we played against a very organised side.There are two things to think about, the result and the performance. The performance was good after difficult preparation. Also See: Southampton 0-0 Liverpool As it happened Carra analyses draw Liverpool fixtures Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys China Womens NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys Jerseys NFL China Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap ' ' '

Torna a Benvenuti !