Indice Area Generale Benvenuti ! RA against the Yankees in his car

RA against the Yankees in his car

I nuovi utenti possono presentarsi alla nostra community, facendo nuove amicizie e condividendo la propria passione!

Moderatore: Moderatori

Messaggio sabato 28 luglio 2018, 8:30
lw789 Guru del forum

TOKYO -- Canada was 1-1 after Fridays opening day of play in a Davis Cup tie against Japan. In the opener of the World Group first-round series, world No. 18 Kei Nishikori defeated Peter Polansky of Thornhill, Ont., in straight sets 6-4, 6-4, 6-4. Polansky, who is ranked 135th in the world in mens singles, had replaced Milos Raonic on Canadas Davis Cup team after Raonic pulled out a left foot injury on Thursday. But Canada pulled even in the second match when Frank Dancevic of Niagara Falls, Ont., a 29-year-old veteran of 19 Davis Cup ties, defeated Go Soeda 6-4, 7-6 (2), 6-1. "Its 1-1 and both No.1 players did their job," said Canadian captain Martin Laurendeau. "Its a big point for us especially after we lost Milos so we are happy with today. We always like to savour the win a little bit but then we will regroup and focus on doubles tomorrow which is always a critical point in the tie." Next up is a doubles match Saturday featuring Toronto veteran Daniel Nestor and Vancouvers Vasek Pospisil, followed by two more singles matches Sunday. Fridays first set of the day was one of shifting momentum as Nishikori jumped out to a 2-0 lead but Polansky came back to win four straight games and go up a break. Nishikori then took the control back, claiming the next four games and the set. Nishikori increased his level even further in the second and third sets, running Polansky all over the court with his defensive play. "I think we both played really well today and there werent too many lapses of focus," said Polansky. "The difference was he played a bit better on some of the bigger points. He converted more break points than I did and we had a lot of long rallies which he did better on as well." In the second match, Soeda went up a quick break but Dancevic won the final five games of the first set to take the early lead. The second set was evenly matched as both players held serve through to a tiebreak where Dancevic fed off the small but noisy Canadian crowd to up his game. Dancevic carried that dominance into the third to close it out and give Canada a much needed point. "I was really happy with my performance today," said Dancevic. "He started off really well and it made me focus more to get back into it. As the match went on I got more and more confidence and was able to finish really strong. The Canadian crowd was great and they really motivated me and kept me in the zone today. The team and bench also got behind me and that little bit of extra emotion to get going again makes a difference." The winner of the best-of-five tie will move on to the quarter-finals in April versus the winner of the first-round tie between Czech Republic and the Netherlands. The losing team will have to play a World Group playoff tie in September to retain their spot in the top level of the competition. Mike Remmers Vikings Jersey .com) - Troy Brouwer scored the game-winning goal with just 12. Mike Hughes Vikings Jersey . He was set to become an unrestricted free agent on July 5th. The 34-year-old Laval, Que. native has played six seasons with the Penguins. http://www.officialauthenticvikingsshop ... ersey.html. -- EJ Manuel followed the worst game of his career with the best. Trevor Siemian Vikings Jersey . -- Syracuse was dangerously close to letting another less talented opponent pull off the upset when C. Mike Hughes Jersey . Louis and Ryan Kesler have demanded to be traded.BOSTON - Alex Rodriguez responded to being hit by a pitch the best way he knows how — with a home run. And his teammates followed his lead. "It was awesome. I was pretty excited," Rodriguez said of the homer that started the Yankees go-ahead rally. "It was the ultimate payback." Rodriguez was hit by a fastball his first time up and then hit the 649th homer of his career to start a four-run sixth inning that carried New York to a 9-6 win over the Boston Red Sox on Sunday night. Yankees manager Joe Girardi was ejected after storming out of the dugout to holler at plate umpire Brian ONora, who warned both benches immediately after Rodriguez was plunked by Ryan Dempsters 3-0 pitch leading off the second inning. It struck his left elbow pad and ricocheted off his back. Girardi felt the incident sparked the Yankees. "Im sure it did," he said. "They rallied and responded." Rodriguez, who went 3 for 4 with two runs and two RBIs, was suspended recently for 211 games by Major League Baseball in the Biogenesis drug case. He appealed the penalty and can play until there is a final decision. "Whether you like me or hate me, whats wrong is wrong," he said of being hit. "That was unprofessional and silly." Under the collective bargaining agreement, Rodriguez has the right to appeal. "Whether I agree with everything thats going on, you do not throw at people and you dont take the law into your own hands," Girardi said. "You cant just start taking potshots because you disagree with the way the system is set up." Girardi and Rodriguez said Dempster threw at Rodriguez intentionally. And Girardi said Dempster should have been ejected and should be suspended. Rodriguez declined to comment on any punishment for the pitcher. "Im the wrong guy to be asking about suspensions," he said with a smile. Players streamed from the dugouts and benches, but no skirmishes developed in the latest testy game between the longtime rivals. The dustup seemed to spark the Yankees, who were trailing 2-0 at the time. Mariano Rivera earned his first save since blowing three chances in a row for the first time in his career. "Im sure any hitter that hits a home run the next time up after youve been hit, it feels good," said Dempster, who denied throwing at Rodriguez. "Its just reality. It was unfortunate because it started the inning off with a run." Bostons lead in the AL East was cut to one game over Tampa Bay. The game took 4 hours, 12 minutes. One Yankee drew loud cheers from the Fenway Park crowd. Rivera received a standing ovation as he ran in from the bullpen for the ninth. In his first appearance since last Sunday, he got his 36th save in 41 opportunities. With two runners on, Rivera retired Jarrod Saltalamacchia on a fly ball for the final out. CC Sabathia (11-10) got the win and the Yankees took two of three from the first-place Red Sox. Booed every time he came to bat — and even when he was on deck in the first — Rodriguez drew more jeers after he led off the sixth with a homer off Dempster (6-9) to cut the lead too 6-4.dddddddddddd Brett Gardner soon followed with a three-run triple off Drake Britton. As Rodriguezs second homer of the year landed in the centre field bleachers, he clapped his hands and let out a shout at first base. Then he clapped again and pointed both hands skyward as he crossed home plate. He continued to the dugout where he was congratulated by teammates. The rally continued when the Yankees loaded the bases with one out on singles by Eduardo Nunez and Lyle Overbay and a walk to Chris Stewart before Gardner tripled. Rodriguez was one of four Yankees hit by pitches, but his was the only one that appeared to be intentional. On Rodriguezs first at bat, Dempster "pitched much like Ryan has done (in) many starts," said Boston manager John Farrell, who denied that Dempster was throwing at Rodriguez. "He established his fastball. There are hitters in the lineup and hes got to establish it in. We saw later on when he doesnt establish his fastball in. Rodriguez gets his arms extended and he drives the ball out to centre field." Dempsters first pitch went behind Rodriguezs knees as fans chanted "Youre a cheater!" The next two pitches were inside before the fourth pitch struck Rodriguez. He walked slowly to first base, accompanied by a trainer and staring at Dempster but not making a move toward the mound. In 12 games since his season debut after recovering from hip and quadriceps problems, Rodriguez is batting .319 with two homers and six RBIs. Boston had taken a 2-0 lead in the first on a sacrifice fly by Jonny Gomes and an RBI single by Saltalamacchia. New York tied it in the second when Rodriguez was hit, took third on a double by Curtis Granderson and scored on a single by Nunez. Overbay followed with a sacrifice fly. Rodriguezs run-scoring groundout gave the Yankees a 3-2 lead in the third before the Red Sox tied it in the bottom of the inning on an RBI groundout by David Ortiz. The Red Sox took a 5-3 lead in the fourth on Stephen Drews sacrifice fly and Will Middlebrooks 10th homer. A bases-loaded walk to Daniel Nava boosted the lead to 6-3 in the fifth. After the four-run sixth, the Yankees added RBI singles by Mark Reynolds in the seventh and Stewart in the ninth. "Today kind of brought us together," Rodriguez said. "Joes reaction was amazing. Every single one of my teammates came up to me and said hit a (homer)." NOTES: New Yorks Alfonso Soriano went 0 for 6 after batting .682 with five homers and 18 RBIs in his previous five games. ... Yankees SS Nunez left the game in the sixth with a tight right hamstring. ... Boston 1B Mike Napoli missed his second straight game with plantar fasciitis in his left foot. ... Yankees SS Derek Jeter (strained right calf) increased his movement in fielding drills on Sunday, including some spin moves on grounders up the middle, during his third day of workouts at the teams complex in Tampa, Fla. Jeter took batting practice, but isnt running the bases. Girardi said Jeter wont be ready to return for Tuesdays doubleheader against Toronto. ... Dempster is 0-6 with a 7.57 ERA against the Yankees in his career. Wholesale NFL T-shirts Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping NFL Jerseys Wholesale China NFL Gear Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Cheap NFL Hoodies Camo China NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Torna a Benvenuti !