Indice Area Generale Benvenuti ! -ranked Inbee Park tied for fourth

-ranked Inbee Park tied for fourth

I nuovi utenti possono presentarsi alla nostra community, facendo nuove amicizie e condividendo la propria passione!

Moderatore: Moderatori

Messaggio sabato 14 luglio 2018, 10:29
lw789 Guru del forum

OTTAWA - Ottawa Senators owner Eugene Melnyk is looking for consistency. Like many, the Senators owner had high hopes for the team this season, and he admits to being disappointed at the teams current state. After overcoming key injuries and making a playoff run last season, the Senators look like they have taken a step back. They currently sit sixth in the Atlantic Division with a 13-15-6 record. "I think we could always improve," Melnyk said. "Theres no question. I just spoke to (general manager Bryan Murray) and the coach and were looking for improvement from certain players. They have to step up and show us what they can actually do." Melnyk said he has faith in the current players on his team, but added theres a sense of urgency for the team to show signs of improvement. A lack of consistency has been an issue for the Senators and Melnyk said the team is in need of a lengthy winning streak. Ottawa has not won more than three straight games this season. "I mean we are 32, 33 games into the season. Its about time that we start getting into some streaks," he said. "Nothing beats a nice six, seven or eight game winning streak. Give me six out of eight and Ill be happy." Melnyk also discussed Murrays future. The general manager is in the final year of his contract and its widely expected that he will get an extension. "Weve had some preliminary talks, me and Bryan," Melnyk said. "I would love to see Bryan here next year and he would like to finish off with a Stanley Cup and I would like to see him leave with a Stanley Cup. Those are still preliminary so well just continue talking and let things work out where they work out." Melnyk said re-signing Murray is not a priority at this time. He also said that he gave his full support in allowing assistant general manager Tim Murray to speak with the Buffalo Sabres regarding their general manager opening. Melnyk said he sees no reason to hold individuals back if the right situation arises. As well as struggling on the ice, the Senators have also been a bit of a disappointment at the box office. Ottawa had struggled to fill the Canadian Tire Centre this year with just four sellouts after 18 home games. Despite the empty seats, Melnyk says the team is actually generating better revenue than when they offered reduced ticket incentives. "These are the real numbers," Melnyk said. "Theres no more gimmicks. This is what it is. This is the only way we can accomplish really getting a solid number out there for everyone to understand where we are." Melnyk believes much of the Senators attendance issues have had to do with a "wonky" schedule that has seen Ottawa play a number of matinee games as well as numerous Monday night games. "Weve had a very strange schedule this year that made it difficult to sell the walk-up tickets, but our season tickets are up 2,000 seats and our revenue is up," Melnyk said. Melnyk also knows hes likely to make money on the Senators upcoming contract for regional television rights. The Senators current agreement with Sportsnet expires at the end of the season and Melnyk said the team already has competing bids for next seasons broadcasts. "Here in the Ottawa market we are a good market for television and I think people will pay accordingly," he said. Melnyk was on hand at the Canadian Tire Centre to present Senators jerseys, helmets and skates to over 100 local children as part of the 10th annual Eugene Melnyk Skate for Kids. Over the past decade Melnyk has purchased equipment for over 1,000 kids. Rose Lavelle Jersey . The 12th-ranked Haas served well throughout the match at the Ibirapuera arena, allowing only one break point to the 152nd-ranked Italian. Both players held serve until the first-set tiebreak, when Haas stepped up his game to easily clinch the set. Abby Dahlkemper Jersey .com) - American Madison Keys grabbed a first- round victory on Sunday in a rainy start to the Apia International Sydney tournament. http://www.uswntproshop.com/c-19-crysta ... ersey.aspx. -- Coyotes coach Dave Tippett thinks of one thing when he watches Eastern Conference teams struggle against Western opponents before they get to Phoenix: His team must keep pace. Lynn Williams Jersey .Bacca took advantage of Cristian Alvarezs hesitation to head a lobbed pass over the goalkeeper and then used his feet to roll the ball into an empty net in the eighth minute. The Colombia strikers 10th goal pulled him level with Lionel Messi as the leagues third-leading scorers, far behind Cristiano Ronaldos runaway tally of 23 goals. Mallory Pugh Jersey . 5 Trade Deadline is drawing closer and teams will be deciding on whether to buy or sell while figuring out which players can make the biggest difference and hold the greatest value.DALY CITY, Calif. - After a whirlwind week featuring a multitude of celebrations that included her first LPGA Tour victory as a pro, Lydia Ko planned to sleep late Monday before catching a San Francisco cable car for a little bit of sightseeing. What a successful, memorable trip she had to the Bay Area. Ko turned 17 and had "Happy Birthday" sung to her at the first tee box to kick off the inaugural Swinging Skirts LPGA Classic, earned a spot as one of the 100 most influential people in the world by TIME magazine, and captured her first LPGA Tour title as a professional — all while playing with a fill-in caddie from the local club. "Normally they would say sweet 16, but I would say its sweet 17," Ko said. "I dont think I could have any better birthday week." Poised and unflappable, Ko made the perfect pitch up to the green from the rough to birdie the final hole Sunday, holding off Stacy Lewis and Jenny Shin for her third LPGA win in all. It went down to the final shots, and the teen made a 6-foot birdie putt moments before Lewis knocked in a 4-footer of her own to finish one stroke back. After beginning the day a stroke behind Lewis, Ko birdied three of her final four holes on the front nine on the way to a 3-under 69 and 12-under 276 total at Lake Merced. Ko earned $270,000, celebrating on the 18th green three days after celebrating her birthday at the first tee box with the gallery singing "Happy Birthday." Ko, born in South Korea and raised in New Zealand, will move up two spots to No. 2 in the next world ranking. Her father, G.H., got to see her win Sunday. "Tears nearly ran down my face. You may lose friends, but youre always going to have your parents," Ko said. "I try to make myself not cry of happiness, but it was coming to that point." She won the Canadian Womens Open as an amateur the last two years and took the Swinging Skirts World Ladies Masters in December in Taiwan in her second start as a professional. She has six victories in pro events, also winning in Australia and New Zealand. All three of Kos LPGA wins have come on courses most of the other golfers also played for the first time. The third-ranked Lewis finished with a 71 for her sixth runner-up finish since winning the Womens British Open in August. She will head to her home state of Texas next week loooking to build on a disappointing near miss in which she struggled all day with her short game.dddddddddddd "I knew she wasnt going away. Lydia played great," Lewis said. "Every time I hit a shot in there, she answered." Shin, still looking for her first tour win after her best finish this year, had a 68 to finish two shots behind. "They were fearless," Shin said about her playing partners, "They just went for it." Playing together for the fourth straight day, neither Ko nor Lewis hit any dazzling shots early. Kos second of three bogeys came on the 417-yard, par-4 seventh in which her tee shot hit a tree and dropped in the rough. Lewis 10-foot birdie putt on No. 9 lipped out. Ko pulled into a first-place tie at 10 under as they made the turn on a picture-perfect spring day, then took the lead with a birdie on No. 13. Lewis went in the bunker, missed the green and two-putted for bogey to fall two back. "The front nine, I did everything I wanted to do, the putts just didnt go in," Lewis said. "I expected her to do exactly what she did today. ... She hit every shot she needed to make from 13 on in." There were two holes-in-one Sunday: Jimin Kang on the 164-yard third and Dewi Claire Schreefel with a 7-iron on the 157-yard 12th hole that earned her a $100,000 prize from China Trust Bank. The weather held for the final day after fog and rain delays earlier in the tournament. This event was the LPGAs first in the Bay Area since the 2010 CVS/pharmacy LPGA Challenge at Blackhawk in Danville. Organizers and club officials are optimistic about keeping the tournament at Lake Merced. Donna Lowe, Lake Merced general manager, hopes an announcement would come within a month to begin planning for 2015. San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee has spoken with Swinging Skirts Chairman Johnson Wang, while Lowe has received positive feedback from LPGA Commissioner Michael Whan, players and their caddies. "So far, its just been amazing and very positive and uplifting," Lowe said of the feedback. DIVOTS: Michelle Wie, who won last week in her home state of Hawaii, tied for ninth at 2 under. Second-ranked Suzann Pettersen shot a 70 to finish at 3 over in her first event since last month after missing three tournaments with a back injury. Top-ranked Inbee Park tied for fourth at 6 under. Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Jerseys NFL China NFL Jerseys Outlet ' ' '

Torna a Benvenuti !