Indice Area Generale Benvenuti ! Foley said. "But coach Chamblin always addressed

Foley said. "But coach Chamblin always addressed

I nuovi utenti possono presentarsi alla nostra community, facendo nuove amicizie e condividendo la propria passione!

Moderatore: Moderatori

langouba Utente esperto

PHILADELPHIA -- Flyers coach Craig Berube was already getting ready for a shootout. "I honestly was ready to pull out my lineup card," he said. Claude Giroux made sure it wasnt needed. Giroux scored at 4:55 of overtime to give the Flyers a 3-2 victory over the Chicago Blackhawks on Tuesday. Giroux received a pass from defenceman Mark Streit and carried the puck over the blue line before letting a shot go from just above the right faceoff circle, beating Antti Raanta high to the blocker side. "I went on the ice with maybe 15 seconds, 20 seconds, so I knew there wasnt a lot of time," Giroux said. "I was just trying to shoot as hard as I could to net. I didnt really aim, to be honest. I just shot it on net." Giroux had previously assisted on a Scott Hartnell goal in the first period for a two-point night. Since Chicago and Philadelphia last met on Dec. 11, in a 7-2 Blackhawks rout of the Flyers, no one in the league has been hotter Giroux. Hes led the league with 51 points in 39 games. Asked about his captains play over the past two months, Berube said, "Hes been playing well for longer than that, I think. Hes playing hard. Hes really, skating, attacking. Hes leading our team. "It starts on the bench. Hes vocal. Hes really into all the time. He does a good job of keeping everybody going." The Flyers needed that kind of leadership after a poor start. Chicago opened an offence-filled first period with two goals just 3:51 into the game. The first came when Andrew Shaw chipped a loose puck near the crease over goalie Ray Emery (23 saves) -- the result of a Brayden Schenn turnover at the other end. Less than 90 seconds later, Duncan Keith, the wide-open recipient of a pass from Jonathan Toews, overpowered Emery with a slap shot from the top of the slot. But the Flyers rebounded thanks to two goals from Hartnell, one set up by Giroux and the other by the Blackhawks. Parked behind the net, Hartnell attempted a pass that caromed off Blackhawks centre Marcus Kruger and found its way into the net off the left pad of Raanta at 5:48. Then at 16:27, Giroux walked out from behind the Blackhawks net and found Hartnell for a one-timer to tie it at 2-2. The goals were Hartnells 17th and 18th of the season. Following an exciting opening period, the pace slowed in the second, when neither team scored. Flyers forward Vinny Lecavalier was involved in two chances that nearly broke the tie in the third. His breakaway attempt with 7:40 remaining was turned away by Raantas right pad, and Schenns almost-goal just over a minute later was waved off when referees ruled Lecavalier touched the puck with a high stick on its way to the net. The Flyers nearly beat Raanta late in regulation, but neither Steve Downie, from a bad angle, nor Schenn, trying to redirect Downies shot on the far post, could put a Hartnell rebound into an open net. But after finding the post twice in regulation, Giroux finally beat Raanta in overtime. "It seems like the endings here have been pretty amazing," said Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville, whose team won the Stanley Cup in Game 6 in OT at Wells Fargo Center in 2010. "Tough ending, but a pretty entertaining game ... a pretty intense game." A victory would have given Quenneville the 700th win of his career. His total of 699 is the most among active coaches and the third-most all-time, behind only Al Arbour (782) and Blackhawks senior adviser of hockey operations Scotty Bowman. But rather than pull out a win for their coach, the Blackhawks extended a 10-game, regular-season losing streak in Philadelphia, dating back to Nov. 9, 1996. Quenneville will try again for No. 700 on Wednesday when Chicago returns home to host the St. Louis Blues, whom the Blackhawks trail for first place in the Central Division by eight points. "Obviously, it will be a huge game for us," Quenneville said. "Itll be exciting for us to get to play these guys. I see our team responding and being excited. "Maybe we can chip away and try to catch them (for the division lead), but right now it doesnt look so hot." Notes: Scratches for the Flyers included defencemen Erik Gustafsson and Hal Gill and forward Jay Rosehill. Scratches for the Blackhawks included defencemen Michal Rozsival and David Rundbland and forward Brandon Saad. ... Despite entering the game with two units ranked in the leagues top 10, neither team could take advantage of the man advantage, going a combined 0 for 8 on the power play. ... The overtime win was the Flyers first at home in nearly a year. They topped the Washington Capitals 5-4 on March 31 of last season. Benjamin Mendy France Jersey . They say things like "stress is when you dont know what youre doing" and "I wasnt hired to motivate players, I was hired to coach motivated players." They ring as true now as they did when Mularkey heard them the first time playing tight end for the Pittsburgh Steelers Hall of Fame coach 25 years ago. Ousmane Dembele Jersey . Rasmussen didnt have a decision during his four appearances in May, when he gave up two hits and no runs in two innings. Toronto used five relievers while pulling off the second-biggest comeback in franchise history on Friday night, rallying from an 8-0 deficit to a 14-9 win. http://www.soccerfrancenationalshop.us/ ... ersey/.The third-seeded Murray, who won here in 2009, will face seventh-seeded Kevin Anderson of South Africa next on the indoor hard court. Adil Rami Jersey . The 10-horse field of 3-year-old pacers will leave the starting gate at approximately 10:14pm et. Co-owned and trained by David Menary, Hes Watching will be driven by Tim Tetrick and is the 5-1 fourth selection in the field. Djibril Sidibe Jersey . PAUL, Minn.TORONTO -- Corey Chamblin could win another 10 football championships and never duplicate the one he earned this year with the Saskatchewan Roughriders. The Roughriders successfully shouldered the weight of heavy expectations and overcame adversity in 2013, capping the year with a dominant 45-23 Grey Cup win over the Hamilton Tiger-Cats on Nov. 24. The title was Saskatchewans fourth but first on home soil before a rabid Mosaic Stadium gathering of 44,710. "There will never be a more perfect night in football than that one," the Riders head coach said. "When we walked out and saw all that green, Ill tell you, it wasnt just a home game, it was more a homecoming. "Youll never replicate that. Many people are talking about repeating and all that, and I say well never be able to do what we did this year again. It was too special." The Riders were rewarded for that accomplishment by sports editors and broadcasters across the country, who voted them The Canadian Press Team of the Year for 2013. "Thats amazing," said Riders GM Brendan Taman, "Thats quite an honour." The Grey Cup champions earned 28 per cent the vote to edge out Canadas Davis Cup tennis team (23 per cent). The Vanier Cup-champion Laval Rouge et Or were third with 14 per cent while the Memorial Cup-winning Halifax Mooseheads earned 13 per cent. "They are Canadas team and their Grey Cup win in front of their home fans capped a Cinderella season for the Riders," said Bob Irving, the sports director at CJOB radio in Winnipeg. "Canadas Team wins the Grey Cup in its home province," added Montreal Gazette sports editor Stu Cowan. "Might never happen again. Enough said." Its the second time the Riders have been named team of the year. They also captured the honour in 07 after beating Winnipeg 23-19 in the Grey Cup. Saskatchewan is the second CFL champion in three years to be named the countrys top team following the B.C. Lions in 2011. Running back Kory Sheets was a one-man show in the Grey Cup with a record 197 yards rushing and two TDs for MVP honours. Slotback Chris Getzlaf, a Regina native, was named top Canadian with three catches for 78 yards. But it was Taman who built a team capable of winning a championship at home. In January, he acquired veteran slotback Geroy Simon from B.C., then in free agency signed defensive ends John Chick and Canadian Ricky Foley as well as outspoken defensive back Dwight Anderson. All four were previous Grey Cup champions and proven veterans who were expected to provide leadership to an already solid existing core. In October, Taman gambled by acquiring rush end Alex Hall from Winnipeg. Hall had a CFL-leading 15 sacks at the time but was slated to become a free agent in February with plans to pursue NFL opportunities. Although he never showed it, Taman admits the expectations weighed on him. "It was one of the toughest years that way since Ive been in the business and Ive been in it 26 years," he said. "That was the most pressure Ive felt but I kept a lot of that within, which probably wasnt healthy, however externally I never really admitted to it too much." For years, Simon was the No. 1 receiver in B.C., but assumed more of a supporting role in Saskatchewan. Although Simon became the CFLs all-time leading receiver this season, he was fourth on the Riders with 40 catches for 565 yards and three TDs. But against Hamilton, Simon had three receptions for 67 yards and his first two Grey Cup TDs. Foley, Chick, Anderson and Hall all helped Saskatchewans defence establish itself as the CFLs stingiest, allowing a league-low 22.1 points per game and finishing tied for the interceptions lead (24). And in the opening half of the Grey Cup, the unit held Hamilton to just three yards rushing and five first downs as the Riders surged to a commanding 31-6 advantage. Saskatchewan opened the season emphatically, posting an impressive 8-1 record. Anchoring the Riders start was Sheets, who ran for 100 or more yards in the clubs first six games and seven of eight, amassing over 1,000 yards at the halfway point of the season. But after opening September with a 48-25 win over Winnipeg, the Riders dropped four straight. Whats more, Sheets suffered a knee injury in a 31-29 home loss to Toronto on Sept. 14 and then later in the month Anderson and receivers Taj Smith and Eron Riley were arrested and charged with aggravated assault following a bar fight. "I think its healthy to go throuugh a little adversity during the season because it makes you stronger down the road," Foley said.dddddddddddd "No panic button was pressed but after we lost four in a row going on that road trip, a lot of veterans just said, Ok, enough is enough, this has got to be it." The turning point of Saskatchewans season came Oct. 4 at B.C. Place. Sheets returned to run for 80 yards and two TDs, Anderson registered one of three interceptions while Foley had two of five sacks in the Riders 31-17 road victory. "To me, thats when I knew this team had a chance to go all the way," Taman said. "When we went into a tough place to play and knocked them off and we got our running back back, thats when I knew this team had the chance to do something special. "Deep down I thought if we won this game this team is back, were back to that 8-1 team and we were." A fact not lost on Foley, named the top Canadian in Torontos 2012 Grey Cup win over Calgary. "I remember in that locker-room before the game how focused and intense we were," he said. "Darian (Riders quarterback Darian Durant) is our pre-game speech guy and he says what we need to hear and for some reason that day he pointed to me and said, Get em, and I went off. "I took a page out of (former Argos teammate) Adriano Bellis book and flipped the tables over during the pre-game speech and knocked everything over. I apologized to the guys I got Gatorade on afterwards but I think that was the turning point of our year when everybody came together in all three phases." Saskatchewan (11-7) finished its season losing two straight, including a 29-25 road decision to Calgary (league-best 14-4) for top spot in the West Division. But another big win over B.C., 29-25 in the Western semifinal, set up a conference final rematch with the Stampeders at McMahon Stadium. Saskatchewan emerged with a 35-13 victory as Sheets ran for 177 yards and a TD while Durant threw for 280 yards and three touchdowns. And then there was the Grey Cup, and the boost the Saskatchewan players received playing before the sea of green that was Rider Nation at venerable Mosaic Stadium. "What topped it all off was that it was here," Taman said. "If wed won this in Toronto or Vancouver, flying back wouldve been cool but we just literally won the game right here with all our fans sitting in that crowd. "It was a once-in-a-lifetime thing." For Chamblin, the full scope of the Grey Cup victory hasnt fully sunk in. "Not until I get that ring," he said. "Every once in a while I lean over to my wife and tell her, We won the Grey Cup. "We treated it as the next game and thats why we didnt let it get too big for us. Once I see the ring, Ill really feel like, you know what? We won the championship." Foleys third career Grey Cup win -- his first was with B.C in 06 -- was decidedly different than the 2012 championship he earned with Toronto. "In Toronto with coach (Scott) Milanovich, we never spoke about the Grey Cup at all," Foley said. "But coach Chamblin always addressed us Good morning champs, and at first I didnt know how to take it because we hadnt won anything. "But I think because we addressed the issue of pressure and the objective early on, once we beat Calgary at McMahon there really wasnt a celebration because it felt like this was what we were supposed to do. We expected to be there and then with the Grey Cup at home, instead of having pressure it was more like an advantage." And for Getzlaf, the opportunity to realize a childhood dream. "As a Saskatchewan kid, to play professional football for the team you grew up cheering for is special in itself," he said. "Then to have an opportunity to get to the Grey Cup and win it on home soil, I dont think that will sink in for a while. "When you go out on top in front of your own fans whove waited a long time for a situation like that, its such an amazing feeling." However, Getzlaf isnt resting on his laurels. "Oh no, its back to the grind," he said. "Im already back to the gym trying to make my body right to hopefully do it all over again." For Chamblin, that means aiming for another championship but not a repeat. "Repeating means doing the same thing and we cant do that," he said. "What we did will forever be etched in our minds . . . it really tested our mettle and allowed us to grow." Cheap Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store Disocunt Football Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Throwback ' ' '

Messaggio sabato 30 giugno 2018, 8:54
langouba Utente esperto

West Ham will not make the loan signings of Alex Song, Victor Moses and Emmanuel Emenike permanent in the summer, according to Sky sources. The trio are currently on-loan to West Ham until the end of the campaign from Barcelona, Chelsea and Al Ain respectively. West Ham have the option to make all the deals permanent, but Sky sources understand the Hammers have decided not to do so. Song joined West Ham on a season-long loan from Barcelona in August 2014 and enjoyed a hugely impressive first four months at the club, playing a leading role under then-manager Sam Allardyce.However, West Ham did not take up the option to make Songs move to the club permanent at the end of last season after midfielder sustained an ankle injury. Song missed the start of the season because of an ankle injury Song did re-join West Ham in August, on a second season-long loan, but remained on the sidelines for a further three months because of that injury before making his long-awaited return as a late substitute in the 4-1 defeat at Tottenham. The 28-year-old has struggled to establish himself as a first-team regular under Slaven Bilic this season and has started just eight Premier League matches. Victor Moses has failed to start in the Premier League since suffering a hamstring injury at Old Trafford Song has also been an unused substitute in West Hams previous three games. Moses completed a season-long loan move to West Ham on the same day as Song and enjoyed a productive start to life at the Boleyn Ground, starting 11 matches and scoring in the 2-1 victory over Manchester City. A hamstring injury in the goalless draw with Manchester United in December saw Moses miss six weeks of the season and he has not started in the Premier League since. Emmanuel Emenike has scored twice since joining on-loan in January Emenike joined West Ham on a six-month loan deal in January after the east London club decided to sell Nikica Jelavic to Chinese second division side Guizhou Renhe. The 29-year-old forward has scored two goals in nine appearances - both goals coming in the 5-1 FA Cup fifth-round victory over Blackburn Rovers - and started Saturdays 2-2 home draw with Crystal Palace. Also See: West Ham to appeal Kouyate red Payet up there with the best Ten-man West Ham held by Palace WATCH: Hammers amateur surprise Kevin Strootman Jersey . Kadri was dressed in a green jersey at Thursdays practice and skated as an extra forward on the teams fourth line as the Leafs. Antonio Rudiger Jersey . -- Joe Thornton scored the tiebreaking goal with 5:39 left in regulation to help the San Jose Sharks overcome a two-goal deficit to beat the Pittsburgh Penguins 5-3 on Thursday night. http://www.asromafcstore.com/gregoire-d ... ma-jersey/. Osmond, of Marystown, N.L., fell in the middle of her routine and placed fifth in the ladies free skate at Iceberg Skating Palace (110.73 points), but that was all the Canadians needed after a strong performance by Kevin Reynolds in the mens free earlier Sunday. Federico Fazio Jersey . A strong fastball. A big, bending curveball that can buckle hitters at the knees. Against the Detroit Tigers on Sunday, Elias put the entire package together against one of the leagues strongest lineups. Mohamed Salah Jersey . American Lindsey Jacobellis was third, while Japans Yuka Fujimori finished just off the podium. Maltais, from Petite-Riviere-St-Francois, Que., earned bronze at the 2006 Olympic Games and is set to return to the Games this February in Sochi, Russia.Toronto Rock general manager Terry Sanderson has announced the acquisition of transition player Brock Sorensen from the Minnesota Swarm in exchange for transition player Ethan OConnor and Torontos first round pick in the 2017 NLL Draft. The Swarm selected Sorensen with the 2nd overall pick in a very deep first round of the 2012 NLL Draft. The 66" native of Peterborough, ON enjoyed a great rookie season in 2013 with 6 goals and 5 assists for 11 points in addition to 51 loose balls and 10 forced turnovers in 16 regular season games. In 2014, his loose ball numbers crept up to 73 and forced 17 turnovers. Sorensen dressed for all 18 regular season games and scored 6 goals and added 3 assists for a Minnesota team that didnt qualify for the post-season. The biggest assets Sorensen will bring to the Rock are his size and athleticism. With last weeks addition of unrestricted free agent Jeff Gilbert, the team continues to increase the size of the bodies on the defensive side of the ball. "Brock will make us a tougher team to play against," said Sanderson. "The past couple of seasons, at times we werent a tough team to play against. Our recent moves have begun to address that issue. However, soome of that change in becoming a tough team to face is also going to have to come from within.dddddddddddd" Sorensen played collegiately at Ohio State University and the first four years of his junior lacrosse career was played with his hometown Peterborough Junior A Lakers. In his Junior A rookie season of 2006, he was a part of a surprising Minto Cup championship team that upset the host team from Six Nations. Sorensen finished his Junior A career by playing his last year of eligibility with the Orangeville Junior A Northmen in 2010. Going the other way in the deal, the Swarm get OConnor who led the Rock and all NLL rookies in loose balls and was Torontos first round pick, 9th overall in the 2013 NLL Draft. Toronto also sends their first round pick in the 2017 NLL Draft to Minnesota in the trade. The Rock do not have a first round pick in the upcoming 2014 NLL Draft, but do have their first round picks in the 2015 (expected to be one of the deepest drafts in league history) and the 2016 draft. "We had to give up some significant assets in this trade," explained Sanderson. "Ethan had a strong first season in the NLL and has a bright future ahead of him in this league." Cheap Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store Disocunt Football Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Throwback ' ' '

Messaggio sabato 30 giugno 2018, 8:55
langouba Utente esperto

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Its been 10 years since a driver last attempted running both the Indianapolis 500 and the Coca-Cola 600 on the same day, a feat so grueling that only Tony Stewart has successfully completed all 1,100 miles. Now Kurt Busch wants to give "the double" a try and he will have cars capable of winning both races. He said Tuesday he will attempt to make the Indianapolis 500 in a fifth entry for Andretti Autosport. Should he make the May 25 race, Busch would then fly to Charlotte Motor Speedway to fulfil his full-time job with Stewart-Haas Racing -- a team co-owned by Stewart -- in NASCARs longest event of the year. "Im a fan of motorsports, a student of motorsports, and I view this as a challenge for myself," Busch said in an interview with The Associated Press. "Memorial Day weekend, the central focus of all motorsports is Monaco, Indianapolis and Charlotte and this is a tremendous opportunity to be right in the middle of it." Only John Andretti, Stewart and Robby Gordon have attempted the "double," and no driver has tried since Gordon in 2004. "Welcome to the club!" Gordon posted on his Twitter account. Stewart, Buschs new co-owner at Stewart-Haas, is the only driver to complete the double. He did it in his second and final attempt, in 2001, when he finished sixth at Indy and third at Charlotte. An Indiana native who grew up dreaming of winning the Indianapolis 500, Stewart long ago abandoned that goal and passed on an offer last year from Roger Penske to drive one of his cars in the 2013 Indianapolis 500. But Stewart has given Busch his blessing. "Its a great opportunity for Kurt and I fully support him," Stewart said Tuesday. "Hell have a lot to learn in a short amount of time, but he has an overwhelming amount of driving talent on his side. He has a great car owner with Michael Andretti, whos not only an owner, but hes been a driver too. "Michael has so much to offer Kurt in terms of knowledge and firsthand experience. It really seems like a natural pairing." Buschs attempt comes at a much different time than when Gordon and Stewart last tried to run both races. Social media didnt exist a decade ago, and Busch plans to utilize every avenue possible to let fans follow along with his attempt. On Tuesday, he even launched a website -- www.kurtbuschdouble.com -- that is expected to chronicle his efforts. "I think this is something that is good for NASCAR, good for IndyCar, good for the fans to get behind and really feel like they are part of," Busch said. "There was no social media, or the means for fans to get an in-depth look at what goes into the double when the others tried it. We think weve got an opportunity to make people feel like they are part of the experience with me." Busch first flirted with the idea last May when he completed the Indy 500 rookie orientation program with Andretti. He didnt put a program together to run the 500, and said hes second-guessed that decision at times. "I took the conservative route and sometimes I kick myself because Carlos Munoz finished second as a rookie in that car last year," Busch said. "So now Im challenging myself to do something great in motorsports." Andretti will unveil the car and primary sponsor for Busch at a later date. "Im really excited to have Kurt come onboard for the Indy 500. He did a great job for us when he tested last year," Andretti said. "Hes obviously a natural talent and we feel he is going to take to the Indy car quickly and have a competitive month with us." Busch, an advocate for The Armed Forces Foundation who is dedicating his effort to the men and women in the U.S. military, will bring at least two personal sponsors. Cessna has signed on to help with his transportation between IndyCar and NASCAR, and Busch estimates it will require at least 20 hours of flight time shuttling him back and forth between both series. Hes also teamed with Basis, a wrist-based health tracker Busch is using to help with his training leading up to the double. Busch has also taken up martial arts and joked hes entered "a boot camp phase" of his personal training. "You can get your body ready, and do all the cardio needed and follow the nutritional guidelines," he said. "But the mental aspect of running 1,100 miles is like nothing you can prepare for. I think the martial arts can help with that." He said hes spoken to Stewart, as well as former Penske teammates Helio Castroneves and Sam Hornish Jr., and Juan Pablo Montoya, who left NASCAR to drive for Penske in IndyCar this season, about his venture. Castroneves, Hornish and Montoya are all former Indy 500 winners. "All of them have given me great support and told me, You can do this," Busch said. Indeed, three-time winner Castroneves welcomed Busch to the field: "Congrats on the #indy500, see u there!!" he tweeted. Busch will not participate in an IndyCar race before the Indy 500, but president of competition Derrick Walker said last month the series would try to accommodate him with track time much the same way it has Montoya, who has received additional testing time in his preparation for the season. "To add a driver with the resume of Kurt Busch to the Indianapolis 500 field is a huge gain for IndyCar," Walker said. "We want to see the best 33 drivers put their skills to the test on the biggest stage in motorsports, regardless of which series they come from. To attempt the double is a tremendous challenge, and were looking forward to watching Kurt accomplish the feat." Buschs path to the Indy 500 will begin in earnest after the May 10 Sprint Cup race at Kansas. Hes expected to spend a week testing Andrettis Honda, and make at least 10 trips between Indy and Charlotte as he participates in NASCARs All-Star race and attempts to qualify for the 500, race in the 500 and the 600. He said hes worked out several scheduling issues with NASCAR and has permission from Charlotte Motor Speedway to helicopter onto the frontstretch of the track to speed up his arrival for the second race. Busch won the Coca-Cola 600 -- which is a full 100 miles longer than any other race on the NACAR schedule -- in 2010. "As a past Coca-Cola 600 champion, Kurt Busch knows what a test of endurance 600 miles can be. To race 1,100 is nearly impossible," said Charlotte Motor Speedway president Marcus Smith. "To even attempt this takes a lot of guts. Fans will appreciate this effort, and I know theyll be as excited as I will, watching the clock to see if he can make it to Charlotte in time for our green flag." Charlotte officials said theyll track Buschs journey from Indianapolis on their massive big screen video board in the infield of the speedway so fans can follow and anticipate his arrival. But if he wins the 500, Busch knows hell be late to Charlotte -- if he makes it all. However, NASCARs new Chase for the Sprint Cup championship format means all Busch has to do this year is win a race to earn a spot in the 16-driver Chase, and he can afford to miss the start of the 600 and not jeopardize his regular job. "As long as we attempt to qualify for every race, we are eligible for the Chase under the new rules," Busch said. "Its like you are in New York City, on Broadway, and you look up at all the bright lights -- they are clearly pointing to this being the right time to do this. The green light is on." Avonte Maddox Jersey . - The situation looked bleak at best for the coach Doc Rivers Clippers — down by four points with 18 seconds left in the fourth quarter. Dallas Goedert Eagles Jersey .Y. - Phil Varone was the lone scorer in the shootout as the Rochester Americans edged the Toronto Marlies 3-2 on Sunday in American Hockey League action. http://www.eaglespromart.com/josh-sweat-eagles-jersey/. LOUIS -- The St. Eagles Jerseys . "I honestly dont know," he said. Try this: 20 points, nine assists and seven rebounds by Rajon Rondo, a 62-37 rebounding advantage by the Celtics and a horrible 4-for-30 shooting performance on 3-pointers by the Nets. Avonte Maddox Eagles Jersey . The Heat centre scored 10 of his 30 points early in the first quarter to silence the Toronto fans as Miami defeated the Raptors 113-101 on Friday night.MADRID - Atletico Madrid edged Athletic Bilbao 1-0 at home to take a slim lead from the first leg of their Copa del Rey quarter-final on Thursday. After Bilbaos Ander Herrera missed a good chance to strike first, Atletico midfielder Jorge "Koke" Resurreccion swung in a cross from the right side for Diego Godin to thump home with a powerful header in the 41st minute. The defending champions pressed to extend their advantage, but Bilbao limited them to a glancing header from Raul Garcia that goalkeeper Iago Herrerin stretched to save 10 minutes from time. "I was lucky enough to hang a ball up there that Godin put in," Koke said. "With 1-0 the tie isnt decided, but we got a good result heading there.&quoot; Diego Simeones side remained unbeaten at its Vicente Calderon Stadium in 18 games this season.dddddddddddd. While his team continues to deploy the toughest defence in Spain, Atletico striker Diego Costa came up empty for a fifth match in 2014. "The truth is that we would have liked to have at least drawn. Now we have to turn it around at San Mames," said Bilbao defender Aymeric Laporte, who tussled with Diego Costa throughout the intense match. In other opening legs this week, Barcelona rolled to a 4-1 victory at Levante, Real Madrid won 1-0 at Espanyol, and Real Sociedad beat third-tier Racing Santander 3-1 at home. The second legs will be next week after the 21st round of the Spanish league. Cheap Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store Disocunt Football Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Throwback ' ' '

Messaggio sabato 30 giugno 2018, 8:57
langouba Utente esperto

OWINGS MILLS, Md. - Baltimore Ravens cornerback Jimmy Smith will miss the remainder of the season with a foot injury. Smith hurt his left foot in the first quarter of a game against Cincinnati on Oct. 26. The injury was initially diagnosed as a sprain. But coach John Harbaugh said an examination of the foot Thursday revealed the need for surgery. Harbaugh says, Jimmy is finished for the season, but will recover for our off-season program. Smith started all eight games before the injury. He had one interception and 28 tackles. With Smith out last week for the first time, Baltimore gave up 340 yards passing and six touchdown passes to Pittsburghs Ben Roethlisberger in a 43-23 defeat. Now in his fourth season, Smith started all 16 games last year for the first time. Trent Alexander-Arnold Jersey . 15 in Hamburg. The fight was originally slated for Sept. 6 but had to be postponed after Klitschko tore a bicep in sparring and was forced to miss four weeks of training. Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain Jersey . Vincent Lamar Carter is no longer the lean, athletic dynamo who dazzled Raptors fans with eye-popping dunks that posterized even the leagues best defenders. http://www.soccerliverpoolproshop.com/c ... ersey.aspx. Team officials travelled to Los Angeles on Thursday night to meet with the free agent, a person with knowledge of the plans said. Sadio Mane Liverpool Jersey . Some members of the U.S. Congress arent so sure. They say Russia isnt doing enough to assure that athletes will be protected at the Feb. 7-23 games, happening not far from an Islamic insurgency that Russias huge security apparatus has struggled for two decades to quell. Russia may run greater risks in towns outside the tightly controlled Olympic zone. Suicide bombs last month a few hundred kilometres (miles) away have increased concerns, and an Islamic warlord has urged his followers to attack the Sochi Olympics, Russian President Vladimir Putins pet project. Jordan Henderson Jersey . Josh Mazzola drove in five runs to lead the Goldeyes (20-12) past the Capitales 11-5 Friday night at Le Stade Municipal in Quebec City. SANTANDER, Spain -- Racing Santander made good on its threat to boycott its Copa del Rey quarterfinal against Real Sociedad over unpaid wages, refusing to play on Thursday because the clubs president did not resign. Sociedad held a 3-1 first-leg lead going into the match at El Sardinero Stadium, but players from third-tier Santander said they had no intention of playing if Angel Lavin and his board did not step down. Both teams took to the field but Santanders players immediately lined up near the half after kickoff and refused to play, with the referee suspending the game after one minute. Sociedad kicked the ball around before shooting it into the stands where spectators showed their support for the players by chanting "dont play!" "What we did today was in respect of football, a sport that we love," coach Paco Fernandez said. "Today was the most important game of our lives, but our dignity took precedence." International players union, FIFPRO, and Spanish union AFE both supported the move, which comes after the lower-tier clubs players had not been paid in four months despite promises by Lavin. Santanders actions could see the club fined or even banned from the Copa del Rey next season. "Its very difficult to deccide to do this, especially in a quarterfinal.dddddddddddd Its an extreme situation," defender Oriol Lozarano said. "We know what the consequences could be, that we can be kicked out of the competition, but we knew we had the support of the fans to do what we did." Its not the first time that Santander has used the domestic cup competition to bring awareness to its situation, with the players standing idly for 30 seconds to start a last-16 game against Almeria before eventually playing. That match also saw Santander ultras invade the presidents box, sparking off violent scenes. Fans were allowed to enter El Sardinero for free on Thursday. Santander has slipped down to the third division in just two seasons following the exit of former owner Ahsan Ali Syed, who left the club in crisis, relegated from the top-flight in 2012 and needing a cash injection just to stay afloat. Santander is not the first team to refuse to play a Copa del Rey game, with Barcelona boycotting a return leg against Atletico Madrid during the 1999-2000 season. But in that case, Barcelona boycotted because of scheduling with the international calendar leaving it with just nine outfield players available. Sociedad will play Barcelona in the semifinals. Cheap Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store Disocunt Football Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Throwback ' ' '

Messaggio sabato 30 giugno 2018, 8:58
langouba Utente esperto

PRETORIA, South Africa -- The judge in Oscar Pistorius trial ruled out a murder conviction for the double-amputee Olympian Thursday in the shooting death of his girlfriend but said he was negligent, raising the possibility hell be convicted of culpable homicide. The verdict in the case that has riveted much of South Africa and the world is expected on Friday when Judge Thokozile Masipa reconvenes the judgment phase, climaxing the trial that began in March. If Pistorius is acquitted of murder, he could still be sent to jail for a maximum of 15 years if convicted of culpable homicide, which is the killing of someone through reckless or negligent behaviour, although five years in prison is a guideline when a firearm is used. The red-robed Masipa, sitting in the dais and looking down at Pistorius and the packed courtroom, said she felt Pistorius acted negligently when he fired four times through a toilet door in his home in the pre-dawn hours of Valentines Day last year. In a moment of high-drama, Masipa then stopped reading out her verdict in the six-month-long trial and adjourned until Friday. Because there is no trial by jury in South Africa, Masipa is expected to explain exactly why she and her two legal aides came to the decision they have before the judge issues the verdict. "I am of the view that the accused acted too hastily and with excessive force," Masipa said of Pistorius actions on the fatal night. She said the prosecution had not proven beyond a reasonable doubt that Pistorius committed premeditated murder. She also ruled out a lesser murder charge. As she spoke, Pistorius began sobbing quietly on the wooden bench, his shoulders shaking. Murder is an illegal, intentional killing. A premeditated, or planned, murder would carry a heavier sentence in the event of a conviction. The world-famous athlete has acknowledged firing the shots through the toilet door in his home, hitting Steenkamp in the head, arm and hip area with hollow-point bullets from his 9 mm pistol. He said he mistook her for an intruder and denied murder, but the judge said Pistorius still could have taken other action, like calling the police or security at his housing estate. "Did the accused fail to take steps he should have taken? Yes," Masipa said. "He failed to take any steps to avoid the death." The prosecution alleged that the athlete intentionally killed his girlfriend, a model and budding reality TV star, after a loud nighttime argument heard by neighbours. Masipa said there were "just not enough facts" to support the finding of premeditated murder or the lesser murder without pre-planning. "The accused cannot be found guilty of murder," the judge said. At the start of the judgment hearing, Masipa told Pistorius, 27, that he should remain seated on the bench while she read her findings out and until she asked him to stand for the verdict. In her hours-long assessment of witness evidence, she called Pistorius a "very poor witness" who had lost his composure on the stand and was at times "evasive." But Masipa emphasized that did not mean he was guilty of murder. The 66-year-old judge also cast doubt on witness accounts of hearing a womans screams, a key part of the prosecutions case. The defence had argued that it was Pistorius who was screaming in a high-pitched voice after discovering he had fatally shot Steenkamp. Masipa also cited testimony of an acoustics expert called by the defence, saying it cast "serious doubt" on whether witnesses who were hundreds of meters (yards) away in their homes -- as some state witnesses were -- could have differentiated between the screams of a man or a woman. At one point, Masipa said: "I continue to explain why most witnesses got their facts wrong." Masipa also said she was disregarding text messages between Steenkamp and Pistorius that had been entered as evidence. Prosecutors had submitted text messages that showed tension between them while the defence submitted messages that indicated mutual affection. That evidence, the judge said, doesnt prove anything. "Normal relationships are dynamic and unpredictable most of the time, while human beings are fickle," she said. Pistorius faced 25 years to life in prison if convicted of premeditated murder. He also faced a minimum of 15 years in jail if found guilty of murder without pre-planning. Pistorius is charged with murder, two counts of unlawfully firing a gun in a public place in unrelated incidents and one count of illegal possession of ammunition. Before Thursdays session began, Pistorius hugged his brother Carl, who was seated in a wheelchair because of leg injuries suffered in a recent car crash. The parents of Steenkamp were also in the packed gallery. Other members of Pistorius family, including his father Henke, sat behind him. If Pistorius is convicted on any charge, the case will be postponed until a later sentencing hearing. Bayern Munich Jerseys .Then came December.Three straight losses, including a crushing 27-24 defeat to Washington (4-11) on Saturday, has the Eagles (9-6) on the brink of playoff elimination. Corentin Tolisso Jersey . Both had to wait out a rain interruption lasting nearly five hours before taking comprehensive third-round victories to join Carling Bassett-Seguso (1983, 1986), Patricia Hy-Boulais (1996-97) and Daniel Nestor (1999) as Canadians who made it into the second week of a major. http://www.soccerfcbayern.com/customized/. The Canadian Luge Association officially named seven athletes to the 2014 Olympic team Tuesday. Edney, will lead teenagers John Fennell and Mitchel Malyk into their first Games in mens singles. Tristan Walker and Justin Snith will represent Canada in doubles, while Gough, will be joined by Kimberley McRae in womens singles. James Rodriguez Bayern Munich Jersey . Unfortunately for Toronto, that surge was too much to handle as the Stars scored six straight goals and ended the Marlies season with a 6-2 victory on Tuesday. Toronto had built a 2-0 lead on goals by Frazer McLaren and Peter Holland, but Texas charged back with a wild rally late in the second period to spark its trip to the Calder Cup final. Kingsley Coman Bayern Munich Jersey . PETERSBURG, Fla. TORONTO -- It was a CFL pink night at the Rogers Centre in honour of breast cancer awareness. But you could have coloured a bruising Argos-Bombers game black and blue Thursday. Toronto defensive back Neiko Thorpe was carted off the field early in the Argos 36-21 win after appearing to get his head caught in an awkward position trying to tackle Winnipeg running back Will Ford. Thorpe was taken to nearby St. Michaels Hospital for precautionary evaluation but released later Thursday night after the game. "All I know is that he was moving a little bit and he had a little tingling in his neck," Argos coach Scott Milanovich said at his post-game news conference. Later word was that Thorpe had been released from hospital after all tests were negative. There was a lengthy delay with 2:16 remaining in the first quarter when Thorpe was hurt -- his head appearing to slam off Fords leg -- as the Bombers drove towards the Toronto goal-line. Players watched as trainers worked on Thorpe in the Toronto end zone. The import defensive back was strapped onto a board -- his head immobilized -- and placed on a stretcher before being carted off. Toronto (11-6) led 10-0 at the time. The Bombers scored several plays later to make it 10-7. "The Blue Bomber organization wishes the best for injured Argo Neiko Thorpe," Winnipeg said on its official Twitter account. Thorpe was the second Argo defender to go down in the CFL game. Middle linebacker Robert McCune was hurt in a colllision on an earlier pass play.dddddddddddd McCune, who was being examined in the dressing room when Thorpe went down, returned to the game despite what he called "a little shoulder issue." "They checked it out and I told them I was good enough to finish the game," he said later. "Ive got two weeks now to try to get it back healthy and get ready for this Eastern final." Asked if it hurt, McCune smiled wryly and said: "Its starting to stiffen up a little but now ... Ill be OK." Toronto receiver Spencer Watt also was sidelined after talking a big hit from defensive back Johnny Sears near the Winnipeg goal-line. Milanovich had no other injury updates. The Bombers (3-14) had their own problems. Quarterback Max Hall had to be helped off in the dying minutes as he tried to scramble for a first down near his goal-line. Linebacker Marcus Ball, who made the tackle, was also shaken up on the play. Hall was said to have suffered a hip injury but there was no other immediate update. Hall was replaced by Jason Boltus, who was saved from being erased by McCune when he fell over as the bruising Argos linebacker steamed towards him. Bombers coach Tim Burke recited a list of players who had taken knocks during the game. Defensive back Desia Dunn (reaggravating an ankle injury) and defensive lineman Michael McAdoo also did not finish the game. The walking wounded included receiver Wallace Miles and defensive back Jovon Johnson. Cheap Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store Disocunt Football Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Throwback ' ' '

Messaggio sabato 30 giugno 2018, 8:59
langouba Utente esperto

Alex Galchenyuk took a step towards returning to the Montreal Canadiens lineup on Wednesday, skating on his own prior to the teams morning practice. It was Galchenyuks first time on the ice since the 20-year-old forward injured his right knee in a game against the Chicago Blackhawks on Apr. 9. Canadiens head coach Michel Therrien said last week that Galchenyuk could be ready at some point to play in the second round series against the Boston Bruins, which begins Wednesday. "Theres a chance hell play in the second round, I hope," Therrien told reporters after Fridays morning skate in Brossard. "Not quite sure yet." Galchenyuk appeared in 65 games with the Canadiens this season, scoring 13 goals and 31 points. After a day off on Tuesday, the Canadiens returned to practice with nearly the same line combinations as they had in Round 1 against the Tampa Bay Lightning, with Travis Moen instead of Michel Bournival on the fourth line with Daniel Briere and Dale Weise. Canadiens Practice Lines Pacioretty - Desharnais - VanekPrust - Plekanec - GallagherBourque - Eller - GiontaMoen - Briere - WeiseBournival - White - Parros Markov - EmelinGorges - SubbanBouillon - WeaverMurray - Tinordi PriceBudaj PP1: Pacioretty - Desharnais - VanekMarkov - Subban PP2: Briere - Plekanec - GallagherGorges - Emelin PK: Prust - PlekanecMarkov - Emelin PK: Moen - GiontaBouillon - Weaver PK: Prust - WeiseMurray - Tinordi Hector Moreno Jersey . -- The Grand Rapids Griffins scored three goals in 33 seconds of the second period en route to defeating the Hamilton Bulldogs 6-1 in American Hockey League action on Friday. Edson Alvarez Jersey .com) - James Harden put the Houston Rockets on his back and willed them to an overtime victory on Thursday. http://www.mexiconationalshop.us/Hector ... ey-Soccer/. Ferrer will play Mikhail Youzhny on Sunday after he defeated Dmitry Tursunov 6-2, 6-4 in an all-Russian semifinal. "Youzhny is a good player," Ferrer said. Giovani dos Santos Jersey . The Mavericks were not going to let San Antonio beat them with 3-pointers, and they did not want Tony Parker using the lane as his personal playground. Guillermo Ochoa Jersey .Bekker was added Wednesday in exchange for allocation money after two seasons with Toronto. The native of Canada had 29 MLS appearances, including 16 starts. Hes also played in 13 games for the Canadian national team. ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The Denver Broncos took another step in the renovation of their secondary Tuesday by agreeing to a four-year deal with Pro Bowl safety T.J. Ward. Ward will play in a backfield that will be without Champ Bailey, who was released last week, and could move on without Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, who entered free agency without a new deal from the Broncos. Ward had 129 tackles and two interceptions for Cleveland last year. The Broncos are looking for some stability at a position that got juggled last year, with the loss of Rahim Moore and the inconsistent play of Duke Ihenacho. Veteran Mike Adams, also formerly of Cleveland, started the season as a reserve but ended up in the starting lineup. "Hes a young, explosive strong safety who is going to bring a lot of energy and toughness to our secondary," Broncos boss John Elway said of Ward. But the Broncos arent expected to make the sort of free-agent plays that marked their last two seasons, when they signed Wes Welker and Peyton Manning. Denvers big receiving news Tuesday was a two-year extension for fourth receiver Andre Caldwell, who could move up a notch if the Broncos part ways with Eric Decker. Caldwell came on late in the season when Welker was sidelined with a concussion. The 28-year-old Caldwell had 11 of his 16 receptions over the final three games of the season. His most productive game in 2013 was against San Diego on Dec.dddddddddddd 12, when he had six receptions for 59 yards and two TDs. Caldwell was held without a catch in the 43-8 loss to Seattle in the Super Bowl. "Hopefully I can compete for an extended role this year and contribute a lot more to the team," Caldwell said. Caldwell received an invitation from Manning to attend off-season workouts at Duke University. Last spring, only Welker, Demaryius Thomas and Decker were invited to work on their chemistry with the five-time NFL MVP quarterback. "Its just a process of building confidence with those guys all the way from April," Caldwell said. Ward is expected to be a main piece around which the Broncos reshape a defence that was obliterated by an injury epidemic last season, losing Von Miller, Chris Harris Jr., Derek Wolfe, Kevin Vickerson and Moore. The Broncos also could seek a replacement for linebacker Wesley Woodyard, a free agent who is exploring other options. Theyll need a new starting guard now that Zane Beadles has agreed to terms with Jacksonville. Running back Knowshon Moreno is a free agent as well after rushing for 1,038 yards and 10 TDs in 2013. The Broncos also hired two new coaches on Tuesday, bringing in assistant offensive line coach James Cregg and offensive quality control coach Bo Hardegree. Cheap Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store Disocunt Football Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Throwback ' ' '

langouba Utente esperto

NEW YORK -- California Chrome became the 3-5 early favourite on Wednesday to win the Belmont Stakes and become horse racings 12th Triple Crown champion. The Kentucky Derby and Preakness winner will break from the No. 2 post under Victor Espinoza on Saturday at Belmont Park. Eleven Belmont winners have come out of that post, the last being Tabasco Cat in 1994. You can watch the drama unfold on TSN and TSN2 with pre-race coverage beginning Saturday at 2:30pm et/11:30am pt. California Chrome will be listed No. 2 in the betting program, the same number as 1973 Triple Crown winner Secretariat, who won the Belmont by a record 31 lengths while setting a track record for the 1 1/2-mile race that still stands. Wicked Strong was the 6-1 second choice and drew post No. 9. The colt finished fourth after an unlucky trip in the Derby, sat out the Preakness and comes into the Belmont off a five-week rest. Tonalist was made the third betting choice at 8-1 odds and will break from the No. 11 post. The colt has experienced on the track, having won the Peter Pan Stakes, although he is new to the Triple Crown trail. Ride On Curlin, the 12-1 fourth choice, and 20-1 shot General a Rod are the only other horses besides California Chrome who will have run in all three legs of the Triple Crown. Eleven horses were entered to take on California Chrome in his bid to win the Triple Crown for the first time since Affirmed swept the Derby, Preakness and Belmont in 1978. Commanding Curve, second in the Derby, was listed at 15-1. Four horses were at 20-1: Commissioner, General a Rod, Medal Count (eighth in the Derby) and Samraat (fifth in the Derby). Matterhorn and Matuszak, both new to the Triple Crown series, were listed at 30-1. Matt Hedges Jersey . It was the most lopsided loss in Lakers history. Darren Collison had a team-high 24 points while starting at shooting guard for the injured Jamal Crawford. Chris Paul added 13 points and 11 assists for the Clippers, who apparently are trying to make up for decades of humiliation at the hands of the Lakers all in one season; theyve won the last two meetings by a combined 84 points. Sacha Kljestan Jersey . Jeff Carter had two goals and an assist as the Kings stretched their streak to seven wins in a row with a 4-2 victory over the Edmonton Oilers on Sunday. http://www.soccerusafansshop.com/Geoff- ... ca-Jersey/. Ribery, who won UEFAs best player in Europe award for the 2012-13 season, helped Bayern Munich win the Champions League and Bundesliga and German Cup titles. Messi, winner of the last four Ballon dOr awards in voting by coaches, team captains and media, was injured late in the season and could not prevent Barcelona from being beaten by Bayern in the Champions League semifinals. Tim Ream Jersey . This was one of them. Omar Infante homered and tied a career high with six RBIs to carry the Kansas City Royals over the Baltimore Orioles 9-3 on Sunday. Graham Zusi Jersey ." Argos general manager Jim Barker uttered those words during an interview with TSN 1050 radio just prior to the CFLs annual free agent frenzy.Late 1977. Roger Peart receives a call from the president of the Fédération Automobile Québécoise. Its the Labatt beer company, the then-title sponsor of the Canadian Grand Prix held annually at Mosport near Toronto. They want to know if Montreal can host a Formula One race. "Great question," says Peart, who then asks for a little time for reflection — 30 minutes to be precise. "I first thought of Île Notre-Dame. Then, I looked at a route that would start and end at the Olympic Stadium, but that would have been devilishly complicated to implement. I even looked at [building a track at] Laval." "We didnt have to go far down those roads," says Peart. "The first idea was always going to be the best." After 30 minutes, he phoned his interlocutor back to tell him yes, Montreal could accommodate a full-fledged Formula One Grand Prix, and that the best venue was Île Notre-Dame – a man-made island built to host Expo 67 a decade earlier – if for no other reason than its excellent access to public transit. The timing was perfect. Montreals then-Mayor Jean Drapeau had just announced that the artificial island would be devoted to sporting events, while the neighbouring nature-made Île Sainte-Hélène would host cultural-type events. By April 1978, Montreals city council had accepted the idea of a racetrack — "on the express condition that it cost the taxpayers nothing," recalls Peart. Peart, an engineer, is well-known in the world of international racing. Over the past five decades, he has not only competed as a driver (largely in amateur races) but has monitored and inspected racing circuits all over the world. Now 80-years-old, Peart is still president of the Canadian National Sports Authority (ASN Canada), and the only sports commissioner in the country recognized by the Fédération Internationale de lAutomobile (FIA), Formula Ones governing body. Unsurprisingly, it was Peart who was given the mandate to design the Île Notre-Dame track, which would need to meet Formula Ones rigid standards. The Briton, who was then living in Montreal (he now calls Ontario home), still remembers the moment he went to first inspect what would become Canadas most famed racetrack. Mother Nature had dropped a major snowfall on top of the island, forcing him to develop the initial drafts without even being able to inspect the actual ground he was surveying. "I remember those days at my cottage in Saint-Sauveur in the Laurentians; when skiing conditions were poor, I drew up plans, plans and plans again." The challenge was more than he expected. "First, I had to ignore the old pavilions of the Expo 67 scheduled for demolition. Then I had to deal with some elements – the lake and park in the center, the river on one side, the Olympic basin on the other – that were obviously there to stay." "There wasnt much space and I had to fit a circuit in there, with rights and turns." Despite the challenges, the track, by and large, remains almost the same as Peart originally designed it. The buildings to the east of the island, where the boathouse was situated and where the hairpin turn is still today, were originally used as the pits. One weekend a year, the boats would then give way to the F1 cars — "It was an economical solution," recalls Peart. Because of the impracticality of this arrangement, new pits have subsequently been built in their current location, to the west, just before the Senna turn. This is the most significant change in the circuits 36-year history, a testimony to the excellence of Pearts original design. "Everything Was Going Too Fast!" The consttruction of the circuit that would later bear the name of Gilles Villeneuve was executed in record time.dddddddddddd "It was a crazy time," says Peart. "Everything was going too fast!" After a winter spent developing the best possible layout, the British engineer travelled to Europe to attain approval for the plans by the FIA. By May 1978, after a meeting in Monaco, approval was granted and the construction began shortly thereafter, in July 1978. The first F1 race was held barely three months later. A Fairy Tale for All Sunday, October 8, 1978. The first of 35 Grand Prix of Canada races to be held on the new Circuit Île-Notre-Dame – its been held there every year since 78, except in 1987 during a sponsorship dispute between Labatt and Molson, and in 2009 when event funding became an issue – unfolds like a fairy. Its a fairy tale for Peart, who, serving as the race director, gets to hear firsthand from racers like Jackie Stewart that "his circuit" is "a little paradise in the middle of a great river." Its also a fairy tale for the Quebec public. In a race seemingly scripted by the gods of motor racing, Quebecs own Gilles Villeneuve takes the inaugural checkered flag in his Ferrari to the delight of more than 72,000 excited spectators. Its Villeneuves first win in 19 races, and he receives his much-deserved trophy from Prime Minister Pierre-Elliot Trudeau. For Ferrari, it is the companys first success in eight years. The track would be renamed in 1982 to Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in honour of its first champion after Villeneuve tragically died in a crash during qualifying for the 1982 Belgian Grand Prix 36 Years Later: Peart Still Hasnt Missed a Race A technical track - Circuit Gilles-Villeneuve requires full concentration at all times and leaves little room for error. It is a circuit of long fast rights, interrupted by tight corners where, even today, the tires, brakes, engines and transmissions are strained to their limits. However, "unlike so many other F1 racetracks, Montreal has several opportunities for overtaking," says Peart. "That means the races are always exciting." Peart has not missed a Canadian Grand Prix since 1978. He watches every race from the control tower, as one of the three sports commissioners delegated by the FIA. This year will be the first exception as Peart has delegated his position to another steward — hell still be there, just with a different view. And if you happen upon him and ask if, after all these years, he would change anything about his original design? Hell tell you that, to this day, throughout the world, he has never seen a track as perfect. Encounter With A Young Gilles Villeneuve Early 1970s. Peart is, at the time, chief instructor at the Fédération Automobile du Québec, when as he recalls, "a quiet little man from Berthierville comes to see me." "He wanted to drive race cars. I asked him about his experience, and he replied that he was racing, of all things, snowmobiles. "As our summer events were all finished, I suggested he rent [some time at] Sanair [Super Speedway], bring along a car and we would see what kind of automobile racer he would make." "The day he showed up with his brothers Mustang, I had to leave for a business appointment. But I asked a fellow instructor to work with him and give me a report. Later in the day, the instructor called me, excitedly saying, Hey, boss, we may have something here!" "Each and every lap, the young Gilles Villeneuve was faster than his instructor. Obviously, we gave him his racing license." "I remember that to thank me, he wanted to give me a five-dollar tip." Via www.Autofocus.ca Cheap Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store Disocunt Football Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Throwback ' ' '

Messaggio sabato 30 giugno 2018, 9:04
langouba Utente esperto

SEATTLE -- Seattle starter Hisashi Iwakuma added to his dominant streak against the AL Central. The All-Star right-hander struck out seven and walked none in eight innings to run his scoreless streak against division teams to 48 2-3 innings in the Mariners 1-0 win over the Kansas City Royals on Thursday night. It is the second-longest streak by any pitcher against one division dating to 1974. Orel Hershiser tossed 55 straight scoreless innings against NL West opponents in 1988. "Hes got a good two-seamer and his split was pretty much unhittable today," Kansas Citys Billy Butler said. "He was mixing a slider in there and had all three pitches working at any time. He was throwing them all for strikes." Iwakuma (2-0) scattered four singles and allowed only one baserunner to reach second in his second start of the season. Iwakuma, who began the year on the disabled list with a strained tendon on the middle finger of his pitching hand, bolsters a strong pitching staff that has helped the team win 11 times in the last 14 games since losing eight straight from April 15-22. "Hes getting better each and every time out," Mariners manager Lloyd McClendon said. "I think if you asked him, theres a lot more in there. Theres a lot of room for improvement, but that just goes to show how good he really is." Despite limiting the Mariners to just two hits and one run in six-plus innings, Danny Duffy (1-3) was the hard-luck loser for Kansas City. He has allowed two hits and a run in each of his first two starts this season after pitching out of the bullpen to begin the year. Both times he has been stuck with the loss. The Mariners pushed across the lone run in the third. Mike Zunino led off with a double for Seattles first hit and moved to third on a sacrifice bunt. After a strikeout, Duffy intentionally walked Robinson Cano. Corey Hart followed with a run-scoring single up the middle that proved to be the difference. Seattle hitters have driven in runs three out of the six times opposing teams have intentionally walked Cano this season. "Offense didnt win the game, Kuma obviously was dominant," Hart said. "Any time a pitcher throws like that, you try to scrap any run you can get across, and one was enough. A guy throws like that, you hate to lose." Kansas City managed just four singles and advanced a runner to second base only once during the first eight innings. The Royals had their best opportunity to score in the ninth when Fernando Rodney walked two, but the closer struck out Butler and induced a game-ending groundout. Rodneys 10th save in 11 chances kept the Royals off the board for the 27th straight inning, a streak that dates to September 2013. "Our guys are grinders," McClendon said. "I think theyve proven that they know how to get back up off the mat, so to speak. This has been a tough month and a half for us in a lot of different ways, but I think when its all said and done, maybe were not as bad as people thought we were going to be." NOTES: Seattle LHP James Paxton, on the DL with a strained left lat muscle, played catch and is scheduled to throw a bullpen session Friday. ... Mariners RHP Taijuan Walker is scheduled to toss in the bullpen Sunday after playing catch on Thursday. Walker is on the 15-day DL with right shoulder inflammation. ... Royals 2B Omar Infante was not in the lineup for the second consecutive day due to back spasms. Manager Ned Yost said the team doesnt think Infante will have to go on the DL. Infante is day to day. Sam Hubbard Bengals Jersey . Radulov scored the lone goal in the shootout, and the Predators edged the Minnesota Wild 2-1 on Tuesday night to reach 100 points for the second time in three seasons and fourth in seven. Jessie Bates III Bengals Jersey . Viewers in the Canadiens region can watch the game on TSN Canadiens at 7:30pm et/4:30pm pt. The game can also be heard on TSN Radio Montreal 690. The Calgary Flames will see if they can take their recent hot streak on the road when they shoot for a sixth consecutive win Monday night in Montreal. http://www.officialbengalsprofanatics.c ... y/.S.-Cuba relations means baseball prospects get off the island and into the major leagues without payoffs to smugglers and threats from kidnappers, its hard to see the downside. Jessie Bates III Jersey .Y. -- Mark Steenhuis scored four goals and added two assists to lead the Buffalo Bandits over the Toronto Rock 12-10 in National Lacrosse League action on Saturday. Malik Jefferson Bengals Jersey . PETERSBURG, Fla.The Florida Panthers have found their man. The team has named former Montreal Canadiens assistant coach Gerard Gallant as new head coach, confirming the news via Twitter on Saturday. Gallant becomes the third Panthers bench boss in the last 12 months. Kevin Dineen began 2013-14 as the teams coach, but was fired on Nov. 8. Peter Horachek was named interim head coach upon Dineens dismissal, but was unable to turn the teams fortunes around. The Panthers went 26-36-4 under Horachek and finished the season with a 29-45-8 record, the second-worst in the Eastern Conference. “He is an individual with tremendous character, integrity and a strong passion for the game and has experience as an NHL head coach," Panthers general manager Dalle Tallon said Saturday. "Gerard is an excellent teacher and motivator who possesses the leadership qualities and hockey knowledge that are necessary to lead our team.” Gallant has worked the last two sseasons with head coach Michel Therrien behind the bench, after coaching in the QMJHL with the Saint John Sea Dogs.dddddddddddd. He led Saint John to to the Memorial Cup in 2011 and coached them back to the tournament in 2012. Prior to joining the Sea Dogs, Gallant served as an NHL assistant coach with the New York Islanders during the 2007-08 season. He also spent seven years on the coaching staff of the Columbus Blue Jackets, serving as the teams head coach from 2004 to 2006. He was also behind the bench as an assistant coach with Team Canada at the 2007 IIHF World Championship in Russia, capturing gold at the tournament. Before joining the Blue Jackets, Gerard was an assistant coach with the American Hockey Leagues Louisville Panthers and led the Summerside Western Capitals to a Kent Cup Championship in 1997 as the MJAHL teams head coach. Gallant appeared in 615 games in the NHL as a member of the Detroit Red Wings and Tampa Bay Lightning. Cheap Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store Disocunt Football Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Throwback ' ' '

Messaggio sabato 30 giugno 2018, 9:05
langouba Utente esperto

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. - The New York Giants have a pretty good hunch what to expect from Minnesota with newcomer Josh Freeman taking over at quarterback for the struggling Vikings. Adrian Peterson to the left. A.P. to the right. Peterson more often than not in the nationally televised game on Monday night between two of the leagues biggest flops this season. Watch the game on TSN starting with Monday Night Countdown at 6:30pm et/3:30pm pt. The Giants (0-6) are reasonably sure Freeman isnt going to know the offence totally after just a couple of weeks with the Vikings (1-4). That leaves Peterson to carry the load off, and thats not a bad option with the halfback coming one of the best rushing seasons in league history. "I think hes a different guy," Giants defensive co-ordinator Perry Fewell said when asked to compare him to some of the better backs in the league. "I watched him in the off-season study and hes really good. I see guys hit him, tackle him, beat him up, punch him and he just keeps coming. Hes got an iron will, and hes just a strong runner, and hes got a great determination to make those yards, and so we all have to be on the same page. Well have to swarm tackle. Well have to gang tackle. Well have to see what we hit and hit what we see." Freeman is the bigger question mark for the Giants defence, which has given up a league-high 209 points. He was released by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers earlier this month after a miserable start and signed by Minnesota because starter Christian Ponder hurt his ribs. Ponder is expected to be the backup this week. Freeman started 59 games over four-plus seasons in Tampa with his best being in 2010 when he threw 25 touchdowns and six interceptions. He had four TDs and 12 interceptions in his last six games and his quarterback rating of 59.3 this season was last in the league when he was released. "From the moment he stepped in the building, he wanted to learn. And the way he handled himself in that practice, it changed my mindset about the possibilities," Vikings coach Leslie Frazier said. "We had a timeframe in mind originally, but watching what he did from the day he arrived, that cemented it for me that sooner was a possibility." When he was with Carolina, Giants middle linebacker Jon Beason played against Freeman a lot, and he knows the quarterback is a competitor. "Hes more than capable, hes a good dude," said Beason, who had a team-high 12 tackles against the Bears on Oct. 10 in his first start. "I know him personally, and he can make all the throws, he scrambles better than people think, so not having him on tape kind of hurts us on the defensive side because it leaves you guessing." Beason said the Giants need to stop the run first, something the team has done well in recent games LeSean McCoy of the Eagles and Matt Forte. Peterson, who rushed for 2,097 yards last season, is special, Beason said. But its a challenge he relishes. "Thats how you define yourself," Beason said. "Its all about what you do against the man. If hes the standard, then you want to see where you measure up." With the Vikings trailing against Carolina last week, Peterson was limited to 62 yards on 10 carries, a season-high 6.2 yard average. He was limited at practice on Thursday and Saturday and did not practice on Friday because of a hamstring injury. He has been listed as probable for the game. The Giants running game is a more iffy with Brandon Jacobs also fighting a hamstring. He did not practice on Saturday and is questionable for the game. If he cant go, the Giants will have to use either veteran newcomer Peyton Hollis, who was signed this week, rookie Michael Cox or feature fullback John Conner. The result is the Giants might have to rely more on Eli Manning, who leads the league with 15 interceptions. The only certainty is that this is a game between two teams desperate for a win. "Certainly we have to approach it that way in our preparation, and when were on the flight to go over there we have to approach this with a must-win mentality," Vikings linebacker Chad Greenway said. "And our coaches need to coach like that. Our players need to play like that. We just have to have that approach all week, that every game at this point is a must win." Josh Allen Bills Jersey . And former Maple Leafs coach Ron Wilson certainly knows his pain. "Its pretty hard to coach there without allowing some of these things to kind of affect you," Wilson told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun in his ESPN. Taron Johnson Bills Jersey . -- Clayton Kershaw and Hyun-Jin Ryu will be the Dodgers starting pitchers in their two-game season-opening series in Australia against the Arizona Diamondbacks. http://www.authenticbillsfanatic.com/c- ... ersey.aspx. Chris Heisey followed with a two-run triple and Billy Hamilton added an RBI double, all but sealing Cincinnatis fourth straight victory and seventh in eight games. Brandon Phillips, celebrating his 33rd birthday, hit a go-ahead homer in the ninth for the Reds before pinch-hitter Buster Posey tied it with an RBI double off hard-throwing closer Aroldis Chapman in the bottom half. Harrison Phillips Bills Jersey . - Robert Griffin III has a sprained throwing shoulder that limited him in practice Wednesday as the Washington Redskins prepared for their season finale against the Dallas Cowboys. Harrison Phillips Jersey .Kessy tried to show what he can do playing left wing for the Oilers in 5-0 loss to the Chicago Blackhawks on Sunday in pre-season action.DETROIT -- Theres little doubt that Miguel Cabrera is one of the best hitters in baseball. And often, its his massive home runs that fans, players and managers remember. Thursday, though, he delivered in a different way. Cabrera found infield gaps with a pair of two-out hits to drive in three runs in Detroits 7-4 victory over the Chicago White Sox. "Im just trying to hit the ball into a hole," Cabrera said. "You have to be able to use the bat to hit the pitch where they give you room." Of course, for most players, it isnt quite that simple. "I know Im supposed to stand here and talk about how amazing Miggy is, but weve just gotten to a point where we expect this kind of thing," winning pitcher Max Scherzer said. "Were thrilled when anyone else does something like that, but he does it all the time." Rajai Davis homered, doubled and singled for the Tigers, but he wasnt going to pretend to be in Cabreras territory. "I had a great day, which is fun, but that man does it every day against every pitcher in the league," Davis said. "He plays in this park and he wins batting titles and Triple Crowns. Hes a great, great hitter." Scherzer (2-1) struck out 10, allowing two runs and seven hits in six innings. A high pitch count ended his outing early. "Theres a reason hes the Cy Young winner," said Adam Dunn, who homered off Scherzer. "You go against (Justin) Verlander one night and then you have to go against Scherzer, and they are both just so tough. They have so many pitches that they can throw for strikes that you are always in trouble against them." Joe Nathan pitched the ninth for his fourth save in six tries. He got the final two outs on a strikeout where Jose Abreu was called for interfering with catcher Bryan Holadays throw to second base on a stolen-base attempt. Holaday was amused to find out he had been credited with a game-ending unassisted double play. "Ive never even seen anything like that before," he laughed. "Thats my first one of those, whatever what it was." White Sox manager Robin Ventura asked plate umpire Dan Iassogna for an explanation, but didnt argue the call. "It was just interference," Ventura said. Jose Quintana (1-1) allowed three runs in six innings. Tigers reliever Al Alburquerque pitched the seventh, but Joba Chamberlain allowed two runs in the eighth to let Chicago pull within one. Detroit scored twice in the bottom half. The teams traded runs in the ssecond, with Dunn hitting a long homer over the scoreboard in right-centre field before the Tigers answered with Austin Jacksons triple and Nick Castellanos single.dddddddddddd Detroit went ahead in the third when Ian Kinsler singled, advanced on a wild pitch and scored as Cabrera slapped an outside pitch the other way for a single. "Facing that guy in that situation is one of the least appealing situations in baseball," Ventura said. "He can beat you with a grounder into the hole or he can hit one 500 feet. Thats tough to stop." Chicago scored just once in the first five innings, striking out nine times, but forced Scherzers pitch count up to 96, meaning that Detroit would need multiple innings from its struggling bullpen. Davis made it 3-1 in the fifth with his second homer of the season, a shot to left that cleared the Tigers bullpen. Dayan Viciedo left off the White Sox sixth with a triple when Torii Hunter lost a fly ball in the sun. Alexei Ramirez followed with a sacrifice fly to cut Detroits lead to one run on Scherzers 102nd pitch. Ramirez, who made several outstanding defensive plays at shortstop, prevented a run with a diving stop on Davis grounder in the seventh. It went for an infield hit, loading the bases with one out, but Maikel Cleto got Kinsler to pop out. Daniel Webb came in and Cabrera bounced his second pitch up the middle for a two-run single. The White Sox started the eighth with three hits off Chamberlain, including an RBI single by Ramirez, and a throwing error by Holaday allowed a second run to score. Holaday, though, had an RBI single in the bottom of the inning, and Davis followed with a two-out double to make it 7-4. NOTES: The Tigers announced during the game that they will be honouring Jim Leyland in a pregame ceremony before their May 10th game against Minnesota. Leyland managed the Tigers to a franchise-record four post-season appearances before retiring after last season. ... White Sox 2B Gordon Beckham made his season debut after missing the first 22 games with a strained oblique muscle. He went 0 for 4 and struck out three times. He was called up Wednesday night from his injury-rehab assignment with Double-A Birmingham, while LHP Charlie Leesman was optioned to Triple-A Charlotte. ... With Nathan trying to close out the game, fans down the right-field line started loudly booing a man in a Boston Bruins jersey. Game 4 of the Red Wings-Bruins NHL playoff series was scheduled for Thursday night at nearby Joe Louis Arena. Cheap Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store Disocunt Football Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Throwback ' ' '

langouba Utente esperto

The Toronto Blue Jays made a couple more roster moves Saturday, sending down promising young pitcher Aaron Sanchez along with outfileder Kevin Pillar, infielder Dan Johnson, and pitcher John Stilson. The moves leave the Blue Jays with 34 players still in major league camp for Spring Training. They need to be down to 25 by Opening Day. Sanchez, one of the Blue Jays top prospects, had perhaps his best outing of the spring Thursday against the Tampa Bay Rays, with Rays hitters singing his praises to catcher Dioner Navarro. Pillar meanwhile, spent some time with the Blue Jays last fall. Johnson and Stilson spent last season in Triple A. Kemoko Turay Colts Jersey . Alfredo Simon lowered his ERA to 0.86, and the Reds beat the Chicago Cubs 4-1 Friday for their 16th win in their last 17 games at the Friendly Confines. Tyquan Lewis Jersey . With a victory seemingly slipping away late in the third quarter, his quick scoring flurry helped Golden State regain control early in the fourth. http://www.coltsofficialstore.us/authen ... ts-jersey/. This is the final meeting of the season between these teams.? The Capitals were 5-4 winners in a shootout Oct. Darius Leonard Jersey . Torres calmly stroked a 51st-minute spot kick down the middle with goalkeeper Romel Quinonez diving right to convert a penalty earned by Javi Martinez. Spain controlled play at the Sanchez Pizjuan but found it hard to convert against a well-organized Bolivian team before Iniesta charged forward to curl around Quinonez in the 84th to seal victory. Nyheim Hines Jersey . After not scoring 40 points in the opening quarter in the last five seasons, the Rockets have done it five times this season and twice in the last three games.DALLAS -- Dirk Nowitzkis sore left knee isnt holding him back and Devin Harris is progressing just fine after off-season toe surgery. Nowitzki scored 28 points, Harris had a season-high 14 for the second straight game and the Dallas Mavericks beat the Detroit Pistons 116-106 Sunday night. With Monta Ellis struggling to take care of the ball -- he had eight of Dallas 17 turnovers -- Harris offered a steady hand in just his fifth game of the season after a setback in recovery cost him an extra month. "Im making the most of my experience on the floor, trying to get used to playing with different guys in different situations," said Harris, who led Dallas with seven assists while making just one turnover. "Im using this as kind of my training camp." Brandon Jennings had 26 points and seven assists to lead the Pistons, who lost their fourth straight. Josh Smith had 25 points and eight rebounds, while Greg Monroe had 20 points and nine boards. Jose Calderon scored 17 points on 7-of-8 shooting for Dallas, including a jumper that put the lead back in double digits for good with 2:37 remaining. Nowitzki was 10 of 16 from the field in his second straight game wearing a sleeve on his sore left knee after sitting out a loss in Toronto. Its not the knee that required surgery and sidelined him the first 27 games last season. The 7-footer had a pair of 3s and eight points in the fourth, including one that pushed the lead back to 13 during a stretch of three straight buckets assisted by Harris. Nowitzki scored five straight points in the final 2 minutes after the Pistons had earlier pulled within eight, and he led Dallas with nine rebounds and threw in four assists. "We know Dirk," Detroit coach Maurice Cheeks said. "Weve known it for a long time. He can make a play for himself or give it to somebody else. He makes those 3s at the right time." Harris scored five straight points in the final minute of the third quarter to break a 79-all tie, hitting a long jumper and the pulling up for a 3-pointer in transition. His other 3 early in the fourth capped a 15-2 run for a 94-81 Dallas lead. "On a night when Monta couldnnt get it going, its a godsend to have a guy like Devin available," coach Rick Carlisle said.dddddddddddd "Hes an experienced NBA player whos really done everything." The Pistons got within five midway through the fourth, but Vince Carter hit a layup to start an 8-0 run as the Mavericks answered consecutive losses on an East Coast trip by winning the opener of a four-game homestand that includes a pair of two-day breaks. After Carters bucket, Brandan Wright had one of his three fourth-quarter blocks on a drive by Kyle Singler, and Calderon hit a layup in transition at the other end. "We were close several times in the game to kind of blowing the top off and we got sloppy with the ball," said Wright, whose three blocks were matched by Sam Dalembert. "But we stuck with it." The Pistons opened the second half with a 12-2 run to get even at 58-all. Jennings scored seven straight Detroit points and had 12 in the third quarter, including a 3-pointer that gave Detroit its first lead since late in the first quarter. Jennings go-ahead bucket triggered a stretch of four lead changes and four ties in the third. "We made a nice run," Cheeks said. "I thought Brandon played well in the third quarter. He was the difference in why we came back." The Mavericks made 10 of their first 12 shots, but had seven turnovers in the first 9 minutes. DeJuan Blairs layup finished an 8-0 run that gave Dallas its biggest lead of the first half at 49-37, but Detroit answered with seven straight points capped by Kentavious Caldwell-Popes layup after a bad pass from Nowitzki, one of Dallas 11 first-half turnovers. NOTES: Carlisle said before the game he thinks Nowitzki will make the All-Star game as a reserve. His 11-year All-Star streak ended last season. All-Star reserves are announced Thursday. ... Pistons C Andre Drummond had four points and six rebounds two nights after his first career game with at least 20 points and 20 rebounds against New Orleans. He had an 11-game streak of at least 11 rebounds snapped. ... The Mavericks shot 61 per cent in the first half despite going 1 of 9 from 3-point range. Cheap Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store Disocunt Football Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Throwback ' ' '

Torna a Benvenuti !