Indice Area Generale Benvenuti ! timer past Quicks glove. Glass beat Jones w

timer past Quicks glove. Glass beat Jones w

I nuovi utenti possono presentarsi alla nostra community, facendo nuove amicizie e condividendo la propria passione!

Moderatore: Moderatori

Messaggio venerdì 22 giugno 2018, 5:58
lw789 Guru del forum

MINNEAPOLIS -- Chris Herrmann sat on the bench watching his Minnesota Twins climb back into the game against the Chicago White Sox. The 25-year-old backup catcher was so caught up in the action that the possibility of pinch-hitting in the ninth inning hadnt even occurred to him. When Twins manager Ron Gardenhire told him to get ready, Herrmann had to scramble a bit before delivering the highlight of his young career. Herrmanns pinch-hit single in the bottom of the ninth scored pinch-runner Doug Bernier and lifted the Twins to a 4-3 victory over the White Sox on Thursday night. "With some young guys you have to tell them, You might have to hit here. Get a bat in your hand and at least look like youre ready to hit," Gardenhire said. "That was the case tonight when I told Herrmann, Would you please stand up and do something because I might use you." The Twins trailed 3-2 heading into the eighth, but Joe Mauer doubled and scored on a base hit from Justin Morneau to tie it. Herrmann came through against Ramon Troncoso (1-4) in the ninth to complete the comeback. The youngster got a Gatorade bath while doing the postgame interview and was able to laugh about being a little ill prepared after everything turned out OK. "I was just kind of sitting there watching the game and I didnt have any of my stuff ready which is my fault," he said. "I should have been more ready to go, but I guess it worked out as planned. Next time I wont do that. Ill be ready with batting gloves and my helmet and ready to go." Trevor Plouffe hit a solo homer and Mike Pelfrey gave up three runs and struck out four in 6 1-3 innings for the Twins. Paul Konerko had two hits and an RBI, and Andre Rienzo gave up two runs -- one earned -- on four hits with two strikeouts in six innings for the White Sox, who lost their 10th straight on the road. Jared Burton (2-6) pitched the ninth for the win. "Its a moment Im going to never forget and hopefully there will be more to come," Herrmann said. Plouffe led off the eighth with a single to left and Troncoso walked Chris Colabello. Clete Thomass bunt failed when catcher Josh Phegley threw Plouffe out at third, but Herrmann squeezed a base hit just past a diving Konerko at first to win it. Gardenhire said he thought Pelfrey could be running out of gas as his innings total has climbed over 100 in his first season back from Tommy John surgery, and he got off to a sluggish start that appeared to support that theory. Pelfrey gave up RBI singles to Adam Dunn and Konerko to fall behind 2-0 in the first. But Pelfrey was able to grind into the seventh and keep the Twins in the game, working much quicker on the mound this time around after being prodded by the Twins coaching staff to speed things up for most of the season. Plouffe got the Twins on the board in the fifth with a home run into the bullpen in centre field and Josh Willinghams single scored Brian Dozier to cut the lead to 3-2 in the sixth. With White Sox manager Robin Ventura trying to groom Nate Jones as the teams setup man of the future, he sent the right-hander out there in the eighth to face lefties Morneau and Mauer rather than going to left-hander Donnie Veal. Mauer, who had five hits in a loss to the Indians on Wednesday, ripped a double to centre field and just beat a strong throw home from right fielder Avisail Garcia to tie it 3-3. White Sox second baseman Gordon Beckham left the game in the fourth inning with a strained right quadriceps. Beckham, who leads the team with a .310 average, went 1 for 2 with a single and a run scored before being pulled for what the team called precautionary reasons. "Going down the first base line in the second at-bat he probably felt it more than he has," Ventura said. "If you cant run hard without feeling it, you probably shouldnt play." NOTES: White Sox OF Dayan Viciedo missed his sixth straight game with a sore left thumb. Ventura said Viciedo was making progress. ... Twins GM Terry Ryan said C/OF Ryan Doumit (head) has been improving and could be activated as soon as Friday. ... RHP Nick Blackburn, who has spent all season at Triple-A Rochester, will have surgery on a torn meniscus in his right knee on Friday, Ryan said. ... RHP Kevin Correia (8-8, 4.59) is scheduled to pitch for the Twins on Friday against White Sox LHP Jose Quintana (6-4, 3.70). Ken Giles Jersey . He will play 10th-seeded Feliciano Lopez in Sundays final, after the Spanish left-hander defeated Radek Stepanek of the Czech Republic 7-6 (7), 6-4. Jose Altuve Astros Jersey . Maximilian Arnold put Wolfsburg ahead in the eighth minute, when the stationary Fallou Diagne allowed him to guide Patrick Ochs cross beyond the helpless Freiburg goalkeeper, and Ivica Olic doubled the lead three minutes later after Luiz Gustavo did well to set him up. http://www.authenticbaseballshopastros. ... -Jersey/.Y. - His opponent couldnt stop him, and LeBron James didnt quite know what to think when his coach tried. Brian McCann Jersey . While the pair of Spain internationals return, midfielder Xavi Hernandez will not be included in the squad after failing to recover from a muscle strain to his left leg. Tyler Clippard Jersey . Dallas also Monday recalled defenceman Aaron Rome from his conditioning assignment with the Texas Stars of the American Hockey League and assigned goaltender Jack Campbell to the AHL squad. LOS ANGELES -- Jonathan Quicks Olympic goaltending audition for U.S. national team coach Dan Bylsma ended after three Pittsburgh goals in one rocky period. All that proves to Bylsma is that his Penguins are awfully good. Jussi Jokinen had a goal and two assists in the first period, Evgeni Malkin scored in the opening minute, and Pittsburgh chased Quick early in a 4-1 victory over the struggling Los Angeles Kings on Thursday night. Chris Kunitz and Tanner Glass both scored in their second straight game for the Penguins, who opened a two-game West Coast road trip with the franchises first regulation victory at Staples Center. Former Kings farmhand Jeff Zatkoff made 30 saves in the Eastern Conference leaders fourth win in five games. Quick didnt exactly make a stellar argument to Bylsma for the starting job in Sochi, giving up three goals on the Penguins first five shots before Martin Jones replaced him for the final two periods. Quick is competing with Detroits Jimmy Howard and Buffalos Ryan Miller, who was beaten 3-0 by the Penguins on Monday. "Its one game I get to see live, but ... Ive seen a lot of him," Bylsma said of Quick. "Its not a good outing for him, but hes got a body of work thats more than just this game." Quick was hurt by the NHLs best power play: Kunitz scored his career-high 27th goal on a two-man advantage, and Jokinen added his 16th moments later. Quick has started 13 of the Kings 14 games since returning from a 24-game injury absence. "If you give any team a 5-on-3, theyre going to create chances," Quick said. "They get one there, and then they get a 2-on-1 where they beat me over the shoulder. At that point, were not out of the game. We just couldnt get it together enough to get a couple (of goals)." Jokinen, a Finnish Olympian, had been in a three-game scoring drought in an otherwise stellar season. He credited this outburst to his mothers rare chance to see him play live: Most of the Penguins mothers are travelling with the club on this short trip. "I had a good first period, so I probably have to fly my mother here more than once a year,," Jokinen said.dddddddddddd. Anze Kopitar scored his third goal in five games for the Kings, but those are the only goals scored in the last nine days by the Kings, who have lost seven of eight. The Kings had played their last eight games away from Staples Center, including last weekends "home" game at Dodger Stadium. Theyve got a four-game homestand heading into the Olympic break, but still havent solved their scoring woes. "They are a high-powered team," Los Angeles defenceman Matt Greene said. "Its tough to come back when you arent scoring a lot of goals, and when you give up two on the penalty kill. Its tough chasing in a game against a team like this." The Staples Center crowd gave a reasonably warm welcome to Pittsburgh defenceman Rob Scuderi, who anchored the Kings defence during their Stanley Cup championship run in 2012 before leaving Los Angeles as a free agent last summer. But the high-scoring Penguins decisively won their matchup against the NHLs best defensive team, and they did it early. Just 53 seconds in, Jokinen made a spectacular no-look pass across the crowded crease to Malkin for his 15th goal. Kopitar evened it with a rocket of a shot from the faceoff circle midway through the period for the 16th goal by Slovenias only NHL Olympian. After Jarret Stoll and Dustin Brown were hit with penalties at the same time, Kunitz scored in front of Quick after tic-tac-toe passing from Jokinen and Sidney Crosby. Jokinen put the Penguins up 3-1 just 57 seconds later, ripping a one-timer past Quicks glove. Glass beat Jones with a sharp-angled backhand late in the second period for his fourth goal. "We were confident all along," Glass said. "We had a great start. Our power play was awesome, and then we were stingy when we had to be." NOTES: Pittsburgh scratched D Kris Letang with an illness. ... Jones and Zatkoff were AHL teammates from 2010-12. ... Pittsburgh hadnt visited Staples Center since Nov. 5, 2011, when Kunitz scored a late tying goal and the shootout winner. ... Pittsburgh C Brandon Sutter is Kings coach Darryl Sutters nephew. Cheap NFL Black Jerseys Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Gear Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys Cheap NFL Black Jerseys Jerseys NFL China ' ' '

Torna a Benvenuti !