Indice Area Generale Benvenuti ! back in the referees lap who has

back in the referees lap who has

I nuovi utenti possono presentarsi alla nostra community, facendo nuove amicizie e condividendo la propria passione!

Moderatore: Moderatori

Messaggio lunedì 11 giugno 2018, 10:38
lw789 Guru del forum

OAKLAND, Calif. -- The Houston Rockets won the bid for Dwight Howard in free agency over the Golden State Warriors this summer, and theyre winning the matchup on the court again this season. James Harden had 26 points and nine assists, Chandler Parsons scored 23 points and Houston held off Golden State 116-112 on Friday night for its second win over the Warriors in the last week. "If were going to chase our goals and the dreams that we have for our season, we have to win games like tonight," said Rockets assistant Kelvin Sampson, who filled in for Kevin McHale for the second game in a row following the death of the coachs mother. The Rockets, who have won 18 of the past 22 over Golden State, had every excuse to start slowly. They lost at Portland on Thursday night and landed in the Bay Area early Friday morning. Most players and coaches arrived only about an hour before the scheduled start because the final team bus was stuck in traffic getting over the bridge from San Francisco, where most visiting teams stay. Houston overcame all those obstacles and more. Howard finished with 18 points and 11 rebounds while spending most of the night in foul trouble for the Rockets, who led by 13 points late in the third quarter before the Warriors briefly rallied ahead in the fourth. Patrick Beverley scored nine of his 16 points in the final period to help Houston regain control. "We were playing unselfish. We were making the extra pass. We were freeing up each other, making the game come easy," Parsons said. David Lee had 23 points and 10 rebounds, and Stephen Curry collected 20 points and nine assists for the Warriors, who outrebounded the Rockets 56-32. But Houston outshot Golden State 49.4 to 47.8 per cent and made more big plays late. The Warriors also committed 18 turnovers, while the Rockets had 15. "We made too many careless, untimely turnovers when it mattered most," Warriors coach Mark Jackson said. The Warriors fell behind early again in what has become a troubling trend at home. Golden State came back from deficits of 27 and 18 points to win its previous two games at Oracle Arena over Toronto and Dallas, respectively. This time, Houston had too much for the Warriors to withstand. Golden State used a 14-2 spurt at the end of the third and start of the fourth quarters, taking an 85-84 lead on Marreese Speights layup with 8:09 remaining. The teams traded baskets in a back-and-fourth finish -- with the Warriors outscoring Houston 39-34 in the quarter -- until the Rockets regrouped. Parsons made a reverse layup before Howard converted a three-point play after getting fouled by Lee, giving Houston a 103-98 lead with 2:15 left. Howard made all seven of his free throws. "I kind of figured it was our night when D-12 knocked that 3 down from the corner and made seven straight free throws," Sampson said, referring to Howards 3-pointer in the second quarter. "Im not sure hes ever done that in practice." Curry came back with a layup, then Beverley answered with a step-back shot from 21 feet to silence the crowd. Curry missed a contested 3-pointer, and Beverley made a running shot to put the game out of reach. Houston had handed Golden State its most lopsided loss of the season last week, a 105-83 rout in Texas. The rematch out west turned out to be much closer -- and far more physical. The Warriors wanted a goaltending call on Howard when he reached up and blocked Draymond Greens layup in the second quarter. As Harden dribbled down court, Green hit him in the neck with his right hand. Harden tumbled to the floor, and Green drew a flagrant foul. The sequence seemed to awaken the announced sellout crowd of 19,596, which had been booing Howard every time he touched the ball anyway. The Rockets remained in control, though, going ahead 57-44. Howard was whistled for his fifth foul with 9:55 to play in the fourth, helping the Warriors take the lead. But Houston, which shot 12 for 29 from long range, couldnt be corralled offensively. "Its not good defence if they score 34 points in the quarter," said Warriors centre Andrew Bogut, who had 10 points and 11 rebounds for the Warriors. Golden State was without backup centres Jermaine ONeal (right wrist), Festus Ezeli (right knee) and Ognjen Kuzmic (right hand), who are all recovering from surgeries. Andre Iguodala also sat out his 11th straight game with a right hamstring injury. Rockets big man Omer Asik missed his fifth consecutive game with a bruised right thigh. NOTES: Bernard King, who spent two seasons with the Warriors, was honoured during a ceremony on the court between the first and second quarters for his recent induction in the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame. ... Howards 3-pointer in the second quarter was only the third of his career. Hes now 3 for 42 from long range. Tavon Young Jersey .com) - One point guard will return, while another will sit when the Minnesota Timberwolves visit American Airlines Center to take on the Dallas Mavericks. Carl Davis Jersey . - Mark Sanchez found out the New York Jets had acquired Tim Tebow on a conference call with team management. http://www.cheapravensshoponline.com/Yo ... ns-Jersey/. LUCIE, Fla. Nick Boyle Jersey . On Thursday, they signed former Browns linebacker DQwell Jackson. Terms of the deal were not immediately available. Nico Siragusa Jersey . On Tuesday, the star questioned whether that was still the case. Speaking to reporters at a charity event, Johnson said: "I just kind of wonder sometimes: Is this still the place for me?" Johnsons comments came after he was asked why he recently skipped a voluntary minicamp.Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn.ca! Kerry: I will give you full marks for your comments on the Pens/Bruins fiasco...100 per cent bang on...that had to be the worst display of "game management" I have seen in a while. Kerry, Im an old timer, spent about 11 years wearing the black and white stripes and saw a lot in my day. What I dont get and never will is the reluctance to allow Linesman to be more involved in decision making. And no I am not talking about having them watch for more, Lord knows with the speed of the game they already have their hands full. HOWEVER, how many times have we seen blatant offences with NO call only to wind up with supplementary discipline? It happens routinely and you cannot tell me that in many of these cases one of the Linesmen did not see the blatant offence occur? Case in point: Phaneufs hit on Sunday night...how in the world do 4 (four) sets of eyes not see that as a direct hit from behind...no call but he has a hearing! And I am a LIFELONG Leaf fan! Point is if they (the League) are REALLY serious about cleaning up the game, then the culture amongst Officials has to change. You have four sets of eyes out there they should USE them and it can be done with undue burden...as I pointed out, not asking them to LOOK for more, but when they see it, they need to be able to call it. It is called "CHECKING YOUR EGO AT THE DOOR". This should not be a slight against the Referees...the game has changed dramatically. Its faster, harder, players are bigger and more mobile - its time to catch up. Cheers Kerry,Jeff Baldwin Jeff:Thank you for the thought-provoking question. You too sir are bang on with regard to many of the shortcomings that we see take place on almost a nightly basis in the current two-referee system. I have to question an apparent lack of coaching and the accountability process that NHL Officials are currently being held to when we witness similar plays that are often misjudged or missed. From your experience as a referee Jeff, you know that you have to position yourself in advance of the play to acquire the best possible sight line to make the call. I have made reference to this crucial aspect of officiating on many occasions in this column. When a call is missed, the referee most directly responsible for that call often has an obstructed view of the play. Yes, the game is faster and the players are certainly bigger, but there are too many "puck watchers" currently wearing black and white stripes that dont see the game in advance. Given the human factor, we know (and can accept) that calls will be missed; after all nobodys perfect. There are also a number of infractions currently in the rule book that Linesmen are allowed to call (hits from behind like the one Phaneuf delivered on Kevan Milller being one of them!) Linesmen have a difficult and specific job of their own to do; one that is very important and can also impact a game.dddddddddddd Conferences between the four officials take place whenever a goal is scored and there is a question that goalkeeper interference took place or to determine if the puck was shot directly over the glass. A correct decision has often been rendered through these types of meetings of the minds. Many of the young NHL Officials have been fast-tracked through a two-referee system where they never really had to fend for themselves. There was always another person to rely on which inhibited their growth and experience as a young referee. I maintain that to be most effective, a ref has to work like he is the only set of eyes on the ice. He should want to see everything that takes place with his head on swivel even though he is responsible for certain specific areas of coverage in the two-referee system. The better referees in the NHL work within the current system to support their partner but also like they are the sole referee in the game. The confidence and authority of the modern day NHL referee has gradually been eroded through the safety net and hands on approach that the Hockey Operations Department exerts over both the officials and the Officiating Department. Telephones installed in the officials dressing room provide a direct link to the Toronto Situation Room. The "hot line" can ring between periods if Hockey Operations personnel deem it necessary to provide input to the officials. The last time I checked, while many of them were excellent players, none of them refereed a game in the league! Far too many times I see minor penalties assessed for what should easily be judged as a major or match infraction such as James Neals knee to the head of Brad Marchand. Either the referees judgment needs considerable tweaking or they prefer to rely on supplementary discipline to suspend a player if the Player Safety Committee deems it violent enough. Video review is an excellent tool to verify the scoring of a legal goal but that decision also is taken out of the referees hands and electronically transported to Toronto. That is of course, unless the Situation Room cant make a clear and firm decision in which case an "inconclusive verdict" throws the call back in the referees lap who has yet to see a replay of the incident. I dont think its so much about checking ones ego at door Jeff. I believe its more about developing proper coaching techniques and to empower the officials to be the very best that they can be. While there are a number of officials that do a terrific job there is much work that is required in this area. The NHL Officials, to a man, are good and dedicated people. They deserve the very best opportunity to succeed. Its in the best interest of the game they are given the proper tools to do so. Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Cheap Jerseys Online Stitched Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale NFL White Jerseys ' ' '

Torna a Benvenuti !