Indice Area Generale Benvenuti ! Mooseheads erased a four-goal deficit

Mooseheads erased a four-goal deficit

I nuovi utenti possono presentarsi alla nostra community, facendo nuove amicizie e condividendo la propria passione!

Moderatore: Moderatori

Messaggio giovedì 7 giugno 2018, 9:08
langouba Utente esperto

Chicago, IL (SportsNetwork.com) - LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers didnt open their season how many anticipated. But they didnt have much time to dwell on Thursdays disappointing home opener, and that showed with a hard-fought overtime victory against a division rival on Friday. James scored 36 points with eight rebounds to lead Cleveland to a 114-108 win over the Chicago Bulls in the first installment of what proves to be a heated rivalry between the two teams. Tristan Thompson deposited 16 points with 13 rebounds -- 12 coming on the offensive glass -- and Kevin Love contributed a 16-point, 16-rebound double-double for the Cavs, who were 2-8 over their last 10 in Chicago. Kyrie Irving totaled 23 points in the win. Derrick Rose and Kirk Hinrich each scored 20 points for the Bulls, but Rose left the game late in the third with a sprained left ankle and did not return to the contest. Pau Gasol netted 15 points with nine boards and six blocks, and Mike Dunleavy added 14 points in the setback. James, who tallied 17 points and committed eight turnovers in Thursdays 95-90 loss at home to the New York Knicks, scored the first eight points for Cleveland in the extra session for a 106-102 lead with 1:30 left. Hinrich converted a pair of free throws to make it a one-possession game, then James missed a jumper at the other end, but Thompson was there as he was all night to haul in the offensive board and he proceeded to slam over a pair of defenders to extend the lead. A moving screen from Joakim Noah coming out of a timeout led to Irvings free throws in the closing seconds to secure the win. A 15-4 run by Chicago to begin the fourth quarter gave it a lead for the first time since the opening quarter. Aaron Brooks tallied eight points -- including the last five -- during the run to help the hosts grab an 84-82 lead. James immediately answered at the other end with a layup before Anderson Varejao made a short jumper in the lane to help Cleveland regain the lead. The Bulls took a 90-89 advantage with just over four minutes left when Noah hit Taj Gibson with a nice bounce pass in the lane, with the latter finishing on a dunk. The seesaw affair continued as Love knocked down a pair of free throws. Following a turnover by James, Dunleavy found Hinrich in the left corner for an open 3-pointer. Dunleavy then found Hinrich for another successful trey after an Irving turnover and the Bulls mounted a 96-91 lead with 1:15 to play. Out of a timeout, James lofted a pass up to Love for a slam, but Hinrich responded once again with a jumper to maintain the five-point edge. Tony Snell committed a foul on James, who sunk the ensuing free throws, which preceded Irvings three-point play to tie it at 98-98 with 27.9 seconds remaining. A stagnant play drawn up for Chicago produced an air ball at the buzzer of the shot clock from Hinrich, and Cleveland got the ball with 3.9 seconds left, but Loves deep 3-pointer was off the mark as time expired. Earlier, Thompson provided a lift off the Cavs bench in the first quarter. Chicago made 11-of-19 (57.9 percent) attempts from the floor, compared to 11- of-23 (47.8 percent) for Cleveland, but the Bulls were outrebounded 14-7 -- including 7-2 on the offensive glass. Thompson pulled down four of those offensive boards and added four points and two assists, helping the visitors take a 28-27 lead after 12 minutes. Uncharacteristically, Chicago was outrebounded 27-15 in the opening half and despite making over 50 percent of its shots, trailed 58-52 at the break. Dunleavy and Snell wrapped 3-pointers around an alley-oop dunk by Love to trim the deficit to three, 71-68, with under three minutes left in the third. Cleveland would respond, however, finishing the final 1:47 on a 7-1 run to take a 78-69 margin into the final frame. Game Notes Bulls guard Jimmy Butler missed his second straight game to start the season due to a sprained thumb ... Thompson tied the franchise record for offensive rebounds ... The Bulls went 13-2 against the Cavs while James was with the Heat ... Cleveland outrebounded Chicago 52-42 ... The Cavs scored 25 points off of 20 turnovers ... Cleveland owned a 58-44 edge in the paint ... Brooks finished with 11 points and Snell knocked in 10 ... Shawn Marion netted four points off the bench in the win, the only other Cav reserve to score .. Noah pulled down a team-high 13 rebounds. Robert Thomas Jersey .com) - Manu Ginobili capped off a 26-point night with a go-ahead layup with 24 seconds left in overtime, with the basket giving the San Antonio Spurs a much-needed 95-93 victory over the New Orleans Pelicans. Janoris Jenkins Jersey . The Maple Leafs may not have had a pick until the third round, but they have made the biggest move of the second day of the Draft, dealing defenceman Carl Gunnarsson and a fourth-round pick in the draft to the St. http://www.nygiantsfanaticshop.com/Blac ... ml?cat=918. -- Sami Salo joked that as the shootout went on and on, one thing went through his mind: "Youve got to tie up your skates. Mark Bavaro Jersey . -- Jesse Lussier scored 8:24 into overtime as the Halifax Mooseheads erased a four-goal deficit to beat the host Val-dOr Foreurs 6-5 on Tuesday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League playoff action. Roger Lewis Jersey . -- Maple Leafs captain Dion Phaneuf has been suspended two games for his hit from behind on Kevan Miller of the Bruins.SPOKANE, Wash. -- While he was growing up in Poland, 7-foot-1 Przemek Karnowski played in youth basketball games where he blocked 10 shots. So it was no big deal that he blocked seven shots in leading No. 24 Gonzaga to a 73-51 victory over archrival Saint Marys on Thursday night. "Obviously it does not compare," said the sophomore centre who led the Zags with 15 points and nine rebounds. "I was happy I was able to give my effort for the team." With one starter out of the lineup and two hobbled with injuries, the Zags have been depending on players like Karnowski, Drew Barham and Angel Nunez to step up. All three did Thursday. "We stick together like a family," Karnowski said. "Everyone has to step up a little bit." Kevin Pangos, who is hampered with turf toe, added 15 points and eight rebounds for the Bulldogs (13-2, 3-0 West Coast Conference). Starting forward Sam Dower Jr. played sparingly as he continues to recover from a back injury and starting guard Gary Bell Jr. is out with a broken hand. Gonzaga has won three straight games since losing to Kansas State. The Zags have won 21 straight WCC games spanning three seasons. Saint Marys (10-4, 1-1) played without coach Randy Bennett, who is serving a five-game suspension for NCAA violations. Assistant coach Eran Ganot led the Gaels, who were hurt by poor shooting. Saint Marys in the past decade has battled Gonzaga for supremacy of the WCC, and the teams have met in the past five WCC tournament title games, with the Gaels winning two. Beau Levesque scored 12 points to lead Saint Marys, which shot 31.9 per cent, while Gonzaga shot 49 per cent. The Gaels, who came in averaging 43 per cent from 3-point range, made just 1 of 12 3-point attempts. "We knew we had to guard the 3-point line," Gonzagas Gerard Coleman said. "Thats their forte, how they win games." Nunez added 13 points and Kyle Dranginis had 12 for Gonzaga, which outrebounded the Gaels 39-22. "We took a really good basketball team and guarded them great," Gonzaga coach Mark Few ssaid.dddddddddddd. "It was probably our best all-around effort of the whole year." It was Gonzagas second straight outstanding defensive game. The Zags beat San Francisco 69-41 on Monday. Bennett will miss the next three games, serving a suspension announced last March for failing to properly monitor the basketball program and other issues. Ganot said the Zags deserved the credit for his teams poor shooting. "We took some tough shots and they defended well," Ganot said. "Defence has been an issue," Ganot said. "Rebounding needs to improve." As for Karnowski, "he caught the ball too easily and too deep," Ganot said. "We didnt do a good job on him tonight." Levesque scored four of Saint Marys first five baskets as the Gaels took an early 10-7 lead. Pangos hit a 3-pointer as Gonzaga went on an 11-2 run for a 19-14 lead. Saint Marys got within 19-18, but the Gonzaga defence clamped down. The Zags scored 10 straight points, including two 3-pointers by Drew Barham, for a 29-18 lead. Saint Marys was held to one field goal and two free throws in the final 7 1/2 minutes of the first half and trailed 36-22. The Gaels shot 32 per cent in the first half and missed all eight of their 3-point attempts. The Zags shot 52 per cent and won the first half rebound battle 23-10. "The middle part of the game was inexcusable," Ganot said. The teams traded baskets early in the second half, with Saint Marys unable to reduce its deficit. Saint Marys did not make a field goal for more than 5 minutes, and Barham and Pangos hit 3-pointers as Gonzaga pushed the lead to 48-31. The Gaels went more than 8 minutes without a field goal in the later stages of the game and fell behind 66-40. The Gaels, who average 77 points per game, won their first nine games of the season, dropped three straight at a tournament in Hawaii, then beat Pacific on Monday. Gonzagas last conference home loss was in 2011 to Saint Marys. The Zags are 66-2 in WCC games in the McCarthey Athletic Center since it opened in 2004. Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys Wholesale NFL Gear Cheap NFL Black Jerseys Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap Jerseys 2020 ' ' '

Messaggio giovedì 7 giugno 2018, 9:10
langouba Utente esperto

While reading this week that two very good players - Lance Berkman and Michael Young - had decided to retire, I started to wonder about the perfect way to go out. Berkman and Young both could have kept on playing, but decided the time was right. Ive alway been fascinated by Ted Williams final at-bat for the Red Sox. He homered off Jack Fisher of the Orioles in the bottom of the 8th at Fenway Park on September 28, 1960. "The Spendid Splinter" trotted out to left field for the start of the 9th, whereby his manager Mike Higgins took him out of the game so he could get one last ovation from the fans in the Bosox final home game of the season. Boston rallied for two in the bottom of the 9th to win 5-4. Williams opted to retire immediately and did not go to New York for the final series of the season against the pennant-winning Yankees. So Williams, arguably the best hitter of all time, ended his career with a home run. What I was surprised to discover is this isnt nearly as rare as I thought it would be. Twenty-three American League players have homered in their final at-bat and 22 have done it in the National League. The last to do it was Jim Edmonds on September 21, 2010. A couple of others who accomplished the feat had Blue Jays connections. Wille Mays Aikens slugged his final homer in a Jays uniform on April 27, 1985, and Tony Kubek, star shortstop with the Yankees who later worked on Blue Jays telecasts, homered in his final big league at-bat on October 3, 1965. The saddest of all though was the home run hit by Hall of Fame catcher Mickey Cochrane on May 25, 1937 off the Yankees Bump Hadley. Next time up in the game, Hadley nailed the Tigers player-manager in the head with a pitch. His skull was fractured, and it was weeks before Cochrane recovered. He never played again so for the record, his final official at-bat was also a home run. Mickey - for whom Mickey Mantle was named - returned and finished out the 1937 season as manager only of the Tigers before calling it quits at the end of that season. Cochranes .320 career batting average for a catcher was the all-time record, until the Twins Joe Mauer broke it in 2009. Hitting a home run in your first Major League at-bat is far more common. It has been accomplished 113 times - 47 in the American League and 66 in the National. Twenty-eight were hit on the very first pitch the batter saw. Four were grand slams and 19 of those who homered in their first Major League at-bats never hit another one in their entire careers. Three Blue Jays homered in their first at-bats. Al Woods hit a pinch homer in the Blue Jays first-ever game on April 7, 1977. Junior Felix followed that up nearly a dozen years later on May 4, 1989. J.P. Arencibia, the last in the trio, did it more than 11 years after Felix on August 7, 2010. All three homered on the first pitches they saw. This is the real rarity though, and I didnt even realize it had ever happened before. There are actually two players in Major League history who slugged homers in their first and last Major League at-bats. John Miller, a journeyman first baseman who later played five years in Japan, played parts of two seasons in the Majors back in the 60s. His first was with the Yankees where he hit a homer in his first Major League at-bat and then on September 23, 1969, he connected in his final Major League at-bat for the Dodgers. Oddly enough these were also his only two Major League homers. The first to accomplish the feat was a catcher by the name of Paul Gillespie who was a back-up catcher with the Chicago Cubs during the Second World War in 1942, 44 and 45. He connected for his first in 1942 and then belted his final home run in his final regular season at-bat on September 29, 1945. If you want to add a caveat to Gillespies mark, he did play in the World Series for the Cubs in 1945 - their last World Series appearance - and went hitless in the three games he played. I started with Ted Williams, so let me add this personal footnote. Im not old enough to have seen Ted Williams play in person, however there is a bit of a connection. The first Major League game(s) I ever saw was a doubleheader at old Tiger Stadium in August of 1968 against the Chicago White Sox. Pitching for Chicago in that first game was the man who gave up that final home run to Williams, Jack Fisher. He was nearing the end of his career which would wind up the following season in Cincinnati. This particular night in Detroit wasnt good for Fisher. He only lasted four innings and wound up taking the loss. Strangely enough he gave up a home run to the Tigers Gates Brown. Brown, a veteran by this time, is one of the 47 American Leaguers to homer in their first bat and so it comes full circle. Dud of a Deal Michael Youngs retirement re-ignites the debate over the worst trade in Blue Jays history. This one just might be it. The Jays sent third base prospect Young to Texas along with swing reliever Darwin Cubillan for right-hander Esteban Loaiza. Esteban was supposed to help round out the rotation when he was picked up on July 17, 2000 for a Blue Jays playoff push under manager Jim Fregosi. Instead Loaiza went 5-7 the rest of the way and was basically a non-factor. Adding on the next two seasons with the Jays, he went 25-28 with a 4.96 ERA. Then in 1993, he had the best year of career after signing with the White Sox, winning 21 games and coming close to winning the Cy Young Award. Young, meanwhile, played 14 seasons, was versatile enough to play all four infield positions and wound up with a career .300 batting average. Hes not a Hall of Famer by any means but was a classy talented player who would have been of far greater value to the Blue Jays than Loaiza was. Michael Youngs best friend in his early years in the Jays organiztion was Vernon Wells. Still not sure yet if Vernon is going to try to play out the final year of his contract or like Young, call it a career. Michael Carter-Williams Jersey . -- Michael Bennett gambled last off-season that playing on a one-year deal in Seattle would pay off in the future with the long-term contract he always wanted. Dwight Howard Jersey . The league announced Thursday that Tom Higgins is leaving that post effective immediately. http://www.basketballhornetsauthority.c ... ersey-c-2/. Wheeler scored at 4:58 of overtime, with Scheifele getting an assist, and the Jets beat the slumping Colorado Avalanche 2-1 on Sunday night. Charlotte Hornets Jerseys .500 ball against teams with winning records, so they needed a huge lift from somebody Tuesday night in a matchup of division leaders. Jeremy Lamb Jersey . At quarterback, all agree that Andy Dalton has been a wonderful surprise, but to truly progress he has to play his best in the playoffs. The two losses in the wildcard rounds keep the evaluation on Dalton open -- just like it did for Peyton Manning many years ago and Matt Ryan until last year.MIAMI -- The drive down the left-field line took a surprising path, clanging off the foul pole for a homer by a batter who rarely hits them against a pitcher who rarely gives them up. That narrow margin loomed large because of the way Jarred Cosart pitched against Adam Wainwright. Cosart went seven innings Tuesday to earn his first victory for the Miami Marlins, who beat Wainwright and the St. Louis Cardinals 3-0. Wainwright (14-7) missed a chance to become the first 15-game winner in the majors. He went seven innings and allowed three runs, with two coming on a fourth-inning home run by Donovan Solano -- only the sixth homer allowed by the Cardinals ace. "I thought for sure the ball was going foul," Solano said. He wasnt the only one. "That ball was 10 feet foul and it came back fair. It was just the craziest ball flight Ive ever seen," Wainwright said. "He thought it was foul, the umpire thought it was foul, I thought it was foul, everyone in the park thought it was foul. And then the ball started having this ball flight back to the pole, and it ended up hitting the pole. You cant do anything about that." It was stunner coming against Wainwright, who began the game with the best innings-to-homers ratio among all major league starters. The homer was Solanos first ever at Marlins Park in 133 games. His only other homer this year came against another All-Star, David Price. "You can book Donovan for every ace in the league from here on out," Marlins manager Mike Redmond said with a giggle. Cosart allowed three hits and one walk to win for the first time since July 7. The victory came in his second start for Miami after being acquired from Houston in a trade for prospects. "I think thats why I got traded -- they had confidence in my ability that I can help this team," Cosart said. "I have the utmost confidence in my own ability that I can come in here and help these guyys win games and help make a playoff push.dddddddddddd" Hes 1-1 with the Marlins and 10-7 overall this year. Casey McGehee led off the Marlins fourth and hustled for a double when left fielder Matt Holliday was slow getting the ball back into the infield. Jarrod Saltalamacchia singled home the games first run, and Solano pulled an inside sinker for his homer. "I think I got so caught up trying to stuff it in there that I didnt juice it like I wanted to," Wainwright said. "That may be why he got to it. Youve got to tip your hat sometimes. It obviously looks ridiculously stupid that I gave up a two-run homer there, but the sad thing is it probably wouldnt have mattered because their guys pitched very good and we didnt score." TRAINERS ROOM Cosart, who missed his last turn because of a sore lower back, decided not to risk aggravating the injury at the plate. He took six strikes in two at-bats. FIRST SAVE With closer Steve Cishek given the night off, Mike Dunn came on with two on and two out in the ninth and earned his first save by retiring Matt Adams. The Marlins improved to 15-10 since the All-Star break. MVP? Marlins RF Giancarlo Stanton is aware of the buzz building that he deserves MVP consideration. "You understand what the possibilities are," he said, "but Im not typing MVP on Google every night." Stanton came into the game tied for the major league lead with 31 home runs, and he led the NL in RBIs, total bases and walks. He walked twice but also grounded into two double plays. UP NEXT Justin Masterson, who got only six outs in his most recent outing, starts for the Cardinals against Nathan Eovaldi in the final game of the series Wednesday. Masterson has an 11.25 ERA in two starts since joining the Cardinals, but manager Mike Matheny said he was encouraged by the way the right-hander threw in his most recent bullpen session. Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys Wholesale NFL Gear Cheap NFL Black Jerseys Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap Jerseys 2020 ' ' '

Messaggio giovedì 7 giugno 2018, 9:16
langouba Utente esperto

TSN.cas NHL Play of the Year showdown continues today with a pair of goaltenders flashing their boots. The 11th match-up of the Round of 32 sees Kari Lehtonen and Jonathan Quick square off with a pair of unlikely kick saves. Lehtonen throws just about everything he can at Avalanche forward John Mitchell and manages to get a piece of it, finally, with his foot. Mitchell wheels out from behind the net at what looks to be a yawning cage. Lehtonen, however, sees the reverse move coming and begins his cross-crease sprawl. Never giving up on the potential shot, Lehtonen throws his blocker and his glove in front of the net before finally hurling his left pad at the shot and making a mid-air, kick save to deny a sure goal. Quicks move is more succinct but just as unlikely. Blake Wheeler hurls a shot on net from a tight angle, but Quick is flat on his stomach with no chance of moving his body in front of the attempt. He decides to try an isolation move. Quick lifts his left leg up in the air behind him yoga-style and manages to get his skate to the puck and deny Wheelers look at the gaping twine. You can watch the highlights and make your decision here. Every vote counts, so watch all the plays and take part in the TSN.ca Play of the Year Showdown. Let us know who you voted for via Twitter by using the hashtag #tsnklondikepoy. Andros Townsend Jersey . Chelsea ripped apart Hull inside 25 minutes at Stamford Bridge, with the early goals from Oscar and Frank Lampard securing a 2-0 victory. While Lampard had earlier missed a penalty, Roberto Soldado had no such trouble from the spot for Tottenham, scoring on his debut to clinch a 1-0 victory over Crystal Palace. Chris Smalling Jersey . 1. AMIR JOHNSON: Nice to see him back in the lineup Tuesday night in Washington DC. Played with great energy and purpose. Its amazing when a guy gets those few precious days to recover what it does to the bounce in their step and overall game/confidence. http://www.englandsoccerauthority.com/r ... nd-jersey/. - Tom Brady was upset that his New England Patriots hardly looked like a division champion in the first half. Jake Livermore Jersey . -- Joe Thornton scored the tiebreaking goal with 5:39 left in regulation to help the San Jose Sharks overcome a two-goal deficit to beat the Pittsburgh Penguins 5-3 on Thursday night. Tom Heaton Jersey . Dougie Hamilton and Jordan Caron scored in the first period after the Red Wings had miscues on the ice and Tuukka Rask finished with a 23-save shutout, giving Boston a 3-0 win over the Red Wings and a 2-1 series lead in their first-round series. TORONTO -- Canada may have been within a couple of points of knocking off a Tier 1 rugby team Saturday, but there was no celebrating in the Canadian locker-room after the game. A controversial penalty in the dying minutes made sure of that. The Canadians dropped a 19-17 decision to Scotland in an international Test match at BMO Field -- a country that sits a full eight positions higher than them on the world rankings. But Canada was in position to win with five minutes to go when the referee reversed his decision on a call, after originally awarding Canada a penalty kick. "Im gutted actually for the guys, they really put it all in," said Canadian coach Kieran Crowley. "Positives are . . . we ran a Tier 1 country to two points, thats a pretty good effort." On the controversial play in the 75th minute, Canadian flanker Jebb Sinclair had the ball, his forearm made contact with Ruaridh Jackson, and the Scottish player was knocked out cold. The referee initially awarded a penalty kick to Canada, but reversed the call after reviewing video. "I dont know what you mean to do with your elbow in that situation when a guy gets his head on the wrong side," Crowley said "He refereed it how he saw it, and I thought it was the wrong decision. But thats the way he sees it." Jeff Hassler scored Canadas lone try while James Pritchard booted for 12 Canadian points. Grant Gilchrist scored the single try for Scotland, while Greig Laidlaw kicked four penalties and a conversion. Hassler scored in the 23rd minute, after Ciaran Hearn broke through the Scottish midfield and sprinted 30 metres down the sideline in front of a red-and-clad crowd of 18,788 fans -- plus the odd Scottish fan dressed in a kilt -- at BMO Field. "Its always good to get one on the board early in front of the home fans, it was a bit of a spark for us, just good team play and a good finish," Hassler said. The Canadians were looking to bounce back from a 34-25 loss to Japan in a Pacific Nations Cup game a week earlier in Burnaby, B.C. -- an ugly affair that saw the Canadians give up 25 unanswered points in the second half. While it was expected the No. 16-ranked Canadians would be in for a much tougher afternoon against the eighth-ranked Scots, they made Scotland work for the win -- the first Scottish victory on Canadian soil. "Its pretty gutting," Hassler said of the close loss. "Its not the first time weve been in that position and its something that we as a Canadian team need to improve on and start knocking off some of these teams in the last couple of minutes of the game. Locker-room is pretty disappointed, but we know were right there." Gilchrist scored in the 27th minute, muscling his way across the try line after some strong work from the Scottish forwards. Scotland took a 13-8 lead into the dressing room at halftime. Pritchard booted four penalty kicks, plus a conversion. He had a chance to give Canada the lead with 15 minutes to play, but his kick banged off the post. He made good on his next attempt to put the Canadians up 17-16. But Laidlaw booted his fourth of the day to put the Scots back on top with eigght minutes to play.dddddddddddd Stuart Hogg also had a penalty kick for the Scots, who were coming off a 24-6 victory over the United States a week earlier in Houston. "Not happy at all with the outcome," said Canadian captain Tyler Ardron. "Im sure that call (on Sinclair) is whats going to be talked a lot about this week, but in all honesty I dont think it should have come down to that. I think we should have closed it out before that and its shouldnt have made a difference." Despite the close loss, Ardron said this game didnt sit with him any better than last weeks defeat at the hands of Japan. "Its the same feeling, I think we should have won both those games, but its not good enough to sit back and say we should have won those games," he said. "We have to win them. If we want to get to where we feel we should be, thats got to be our attitude." Scotlands coach Vern Cotter admitted the call on Sinclair that reduced Canada to 14 men "changed momentum" of the game. "(The Canadians) were attacking at that stage," said Cotter, after his second game with Scotland. "Always in these games, little things make the difference. A little thing turned out to be a big thing and had a reasonably big consequence on the result." Cotter praised the Canadian side that is "developing rapidly." He added the Canadians clearly came out at the opening whistle bent on making up for last weekends disappointing result against Japan. "They were very angry, you could see in the first couple of rucks, there was a couple of exchanges, they obviously wanted to impose physically," Cotter said. "I think thats part of their team psyche, they enjoy that type of thing. "I think they played particularly well. . . theyre doing some good things." The BMO Field crowd was positive on the afternoon -- another strong rugby turnout at the lakeside venue that Canadian players have dubbed their unofficial home. Some 22,566 fans squeezed into BMO Field to watch the Maori All Blacks beat the Canadians 40-15 there last November -- a North American record crowd for the sport. Canadas loss to Ireland a few months earlier drew 20,396 fans to the stadium that is normally home to Major League Soccers Toronto FC. "It felt awesome," said Ardron, who grew up in Lakefield, Ont., just north of Peterborough. "Its so hard to comment on how good it felt now after such a devastating loss, a close game like that. But having the support behind us the whole game felt great." The game was Scotlands first victory over Canada on Canadian soil. Canada had beaten Scotland twice at home -- 24-19 in 1991 in Saint John, N.B., and 26-23 in Vancouver in 2002. Theyve met two times in Scotland, both Scottish victories -- 22-2 in Edinburgh in 1995 and 41-0 in Aberdeen in 2008. The game was halted for about 10 minutes midway through the first half while medical staff attended to Scotlands Alasdair Strokosch. Strokosch was eventually wheeled off the pitch on a stretcher. The Canadians face the United States next Saturday in a Pacific Nations Cup game in Sacramento, Calif. Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys Wholesale NFL Gear Cheap NFL Black Jerseys Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap Jerseys 2020 ' ' '

Messaggio giovedì 7 giugno 2018, 9:27
langouba Utente esperto

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Chris Tillman paid no attention to the Baltimore bullpen as it started to stir in the ninth inning. After all, he had made it this far before. There was no way he was leaving the game now. So after a leadoff single to start the inning, Tillman bore down against the Kansas City Royals. The young right-hander induced three straight groundouts to end the game, wrapping up a 4-0 victory for the Orioles and giving Tillman his first career shutout. "Ill take more of them," he said, "but thats not my goal." Maybe not. But it sure is nice. Tillman came within two outs of a nine-inning complete game earlier this season, and he was incensed when he was pulled from an eventual 3-1 win over Detroit. He hadnt been any happier of late, either, after scuffling through his last five outings. But behind a dastardly combination of curveballs, changeups and fastballs, Tillman (4-2) kept the offensively inept Royals off balance. He scattered five hits and a walk, his dominant outing coming one night after Wei-Yin Chen and four relievers combined to beat Kansas City 2-1. Chris Davis homered and Steve Clevenger also drove in a run for the Orioles. "This is Tillmans night," the Royals Billy Butler said. "Youve got to give him credit. He did his job today. He was locating, throwing all of his pitches. He did a heck of a job." Jeremy Guthrie (2-3) bounced back from a lousy start to last eight innings against his former team. The Royals starter allowed four runs, eight hits and a walk while striking out two. While falling to 0-3 with four no-decisions in his last seven starts, Guthrie at least was able to save a bullpen that had been chewed up in that close loss the previous night. "He threw the ball well. He really did," Royals manager Ned Yost said. As for that offence, which has managed one run in the last two games? "Offences heat up, cool off," Yost said. "Right now we dont have anybody where I can sit back and say this boy is really swinging the bat well right now." The game was played in a brisk 2 hours, 22 minutes, mostly because the starters were so effective. Tillman retired 13 of 14 batters after giving up a double to Norichika Aoki to start the game, and Guthrie only allowed a single by J.J. Hardy over the first three innings. Baltimore finally got to Guthrie in the fourth, and it was partly his own doing. Manny Machado led off by bunting back toward Guthrie, and he slipped while trying to field the ball. His hurried throw to first was wide of the bag for an error, and Machado trotted over to second base. Moments later, he headed for third when Guthrie threw a wild pitch. Davis walked to put runners on the corners for Cruz, whose single drove in the games first run. Clevenger then grounded into a fielders choice to give the Orioles a 2-0 lead. It remained that way until the sixth, when consecutive singles again put runners on the corners. Cruz then lofted a fly ball deep enough to centre to bring home Adam Jones. Davis added his third homer of the season with two outs in the eighth. By that point, the only drama was whether Tillman would finish the game. The Orioles had two relievers up in the bullpen in the ninth, and the Royals got the leadoff man on base. But Tillman calmly got the next three batters to ground out to end the game. "We talked to him between innings, like we always do. It was a lot of effort but there was no real stressful innings for him," Orioles manager Buck Showalter said. "We had guys up and there was a point he was coming out of the game, but he was not going to be denied." NOTES: The Orioles recalled RHP Brad Brach from Triple-A Norfolk and designated RHP Evan Meek for assignment. ... The Royals selected the contract of RHP Casey Coleman from Triple-A Omaha and designated OF Justin Maxwell for assignment. Coleman retired the side in the ninth. ... Baltimore RHP Bud Norris is scheduled to start Saturday. LHP Danny Duffy will start for Kansas City. David Sharpe Jersey . Kyle Denbrook, a soccer player from Saint Marys University, took the CIS male athlete of the week honour. Stanley, a fourth-year business administration student from Charlottetown, scored both goals in a 2-0 win over Dalhousie on Friday and tallied again in a 1-0 win over Saint Marys on Sunday. Amari Cooper Jersey . Siddikur, who led on all four days and took a four-stroke lead going into the final day, bogeyed four out of six holes starting at the sixth and continued a forgettable last round in which he returned a three-over 75 to finish with a 14-under 274. http://www.theraidersfansclub.com/Black ... ml?cat=919. Judging by his performance Saturday night, Cotto has plenty left in the tank. Cotto became the first Puerto Rican fighter to win world championships in four weight divisions, stopping Sergio Martinez in their WBC world middleweight title fight Saturday night. Art Shell Jersey . He insists hes not counting. "If youre thinking hits, youre not paying attention to wins," Altuve said Sunday after leading the Houston Astros past the Texas Rangers 3-2. David Amerson Jersey . He reps the 4-1-6The insecurity of Canadian basketball fans is not what it once was with the home grown talent making its way to the big leagues, but it is still nice to see the local kids remembering where they come from once they make their way south.OKLAHOMA CITY -- The Lakers caught the Thunder by surprise on Sunday. Los Angeles had no such luck in the rematch. Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant scored 29 points apiece, and Oklahoma City avenged Sundays surprising loss to the Lakers by rolling past them 131-102 Thursday night. Lakers guard Jodie Meeks, who scored a career-high 42 points on Sunday, was held to 19 on 6-for-15 shooting. Westbrook said the Thunder didnt pay extra attention to Meeks. "We just did what we did," Westbrook said. "He just happened to get lucky the first time. We aint worried about what Jodie Meeks does. Were just worried about playing Thunder defence." Westbrook shot poorly against Lakers on Sunday, but he made 9 of 17 shots and had nine assists in 23 minutes in the rematch. Hes become more focused on passing and has been more efficient since his return from knee surgery. "Its real fun, especially when we win," he said. "As long as we continue to do a good job of playing together and everybody gets in a good groove, I think well be all right." Serge Ibaka added 15 points, 13 rebounds and a season-high seven blocks for the Thunder, who won their second straight and climbed within half a game of San Antonio for the top record in the Western Conference. "We knew they were going to be ready, especially here at home," Lakers centre Pau Gasol said. "Theyre playing for trying to get the best record in the league, were not. Theyre situation is just a tiny bit different than ours. " Kent Bazemore scored 16 points and Gasol added 14 for the Lakers. Los Angeles allowed at least 131 points for the fourth time in five games. "I didnt think we were focused coming out like we were Sunday, and you cant do that against this team," Lakers coach Mike DAntoni said. "We cant lose them in transition two or three times. Theyre a good offensive team, so if you give them extra points, then you are going to get beat." The Lakers trimmed an 18-point deficit to 11 in the second quarteer before Westbrook returned from a brief rest to ignite a 13-1 run that gave the Thunder a 52-29 lead.dddddddddddd Oklahoma City led 60-46 at halftime. Westbrook had 14 points and six assists in 15 minutes and Durant had 13 points. The Thunder outrebounded the Lakers 33-16 in the first half and held them to 37 per cent shooting. Durant, who rarely gets into foul trouble, picked up his fourth with 10:16 left in the third quarter. Ryan Kelly hit a 3-pointer with 7:30 left in the period to cut Oklahoma Citys lead to 69-58, causing the Thunder to call a timeout. Oklahoma Citys Caron Butler hit a 3-pointer right out of the short break and Ibaka followed with a midrange jumper to boost the advantage to 16 points. Westbrook drained a 3-pointer to push Oklahoma Citys lead to 23 midway through the quarter, and Westbrook wore a broad smile as the Lakers called timeout. By the time Durant re-entered the game, Oklahoma City led 90-68. "When the game was kind of getting out of whack, I just felt like it was the right time to pass the ball, rebound or score, or whatever it took to get us over the hump and keep us rolling," Westbrook said. In the final seconds of the third quarter, Ibaka swatted a shot by Xavier Henry and the Thunder rebounded. Butler hit a 3-pointer in the final second of the period to push Oklahoma Citys lead to 101-77. "I think its hard to play the same team twice back-to-back so that was a little difficult, but it is what it is," Gasol said. "We cant make any excuses and we have to deal with it." NOTES: Thunder G Andre Roberson, who has spent much of the season in the D-League, got his fifth start. ... Westbrook scored nine points in the first four minutes, including a dunk to start the game. ... The Thunder shot 57 per cent in the first quarter and led 33-19 at the end of the period. The Lakers shot just 31 per cent in the first 12 minutes. ... Butler had 11 points and six rebounds on his 34th birthday. ... Durant was issued a technical foul with 23 seconds left in the first half. Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys Wholesale NFL Gear Cheap NFL Black Jerseys Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap Jerseys 2020 ' ' '

Messaggio giovedì 7 giugno 2018, 9:29
langouba Utente esperto

HOCKENHEIM, Germany - Nico Rosberg beat teammate Lewis Hamilton to the fastest time as Mercedes set the pace in the final practice before qualifying at the German Grand Prix on Saturday. Rosberg completed his best lap on the Hockenheimring in 1 minute, 17.779 seconds, beating then leader Fernando Alonso of Ferrari by .605, for the fastest time of the weekend. Hamilton finished second by clocking 1:18.380 to edge Alonso by just four thousandths of a second. Williams Felipe Massa and Valtteri Bottas were fourth and fifth, respectively, ahead of McLarens Kevin Magnussen, Red Bulls Daniel Ricciardo, Ferraris Kimi Raikkonen and four-time champion Sebastian Vettel of Red Bull. Rosberg leads Hamilton by four points going into Sundays race at the halfway stage of the season. Qualifying starts 2 p.m. local time (1300 GMT). Vincent Trocheck Jersey . - Chicago Bears general manager Phil Emery was so busy in free agency he didnt mind having a few extra weeks to prepare for the draft. Radim Vrbata Jersey . -- Omar Infante walked past the visiting clubhouse at Kauffman Stadium, where he dressed so many times as a member of the Detroit Tigers, and slipped on a crisp, new Kansas City Royals jersey. http://www.hockeypanthersofficialonline.com/.Y. -- The Detroit Red Wings had just enough time to salvage a point. Mark Pysyk Jersey Micheal Haley Jersey . PAUL, Minn.TSN.ca Football Editor Ben Fisher and football writer Mike Hetherington break down the NCAA BCS Bowls and National Championship game and make their picks. Rose Bowl Game: No. 4 Michigan State vs. No. 5 Stanford Hetherington: Stanford has had an impressive season relying on defence and rushing to win games. Their defence is ranked 10th in the nation, giving up 18.6 points per game despite playing the explosive offences of Arizona State (twice), UCLA and Oregon State, all whom average more than 30 points per game. The defining moment for Stanford this season was their victory over third-ranked Oregon, shutting out college footballs third best offence through three quarters before holding off a late comeback for a 26-20 victory. Stanford will use the formula they have used all year long in this game, running the ball with Tyler Gaffney and playing defence. Gaffney is sixth in rushing yards in all of Division 1. Stanford has risen to the occasion in their big games this season and faltered in other games, losing to unranked Utah and USC following victories over top 15-ranked teams. This, however, is a big game and Stanford will rise to the occasion and win their second straight Rose Bowl. Prediction: Stanford Fisher: The Big 10 was a giant disappointment this year, so winning it certainly doesnt guarantee success. That doesnt mean Michigan State doesnt belong however and even though I think their No. 4 ranking in the AP Poll is far too high, theyre still a one-loss team with a big win on their resume in beating Ohio State in the conference title game. If the Spartans are to pull off a Rose Bowl upset over Stanford theyre going to have to rely on their nation-leading defence, one thats been particularly stingy late in the season and only gave up 17 points in their only loss to Notre Dame. The offence is playing better of late but theyll find it a lot harder to put up 34 points against the Cardinal than they did against the Buckeyes two weeks ago. Connor Cook could turn into a strong college quarterback but the sophomore isnt there yet. Im taking the Stanford in this one. Prediction: Stanford Fiesta Bowl: No. 6 Baylor vs. No. 15 UCF Fisher: I like UCF. Im maybe not yet convinced QB Blake Bortles is a Top 10 draft prospect but the Knights beat Louisville and hung with South Carolina, they deserve their spot in the Fiesta Bowl. That said, theyre facing a Baylor team Ive been impressed with all season. The Bears capped an incredible undefeated run to start the season with big conference wins over Oklahoma and Texas Tech before Oklahoma State ended their championship hopes. They may not be BCS championship worthy, but Bryce Petty and Lache Seastrunk are two of the top offensive performers in the nation and should be too much for UCFs 19th-ranked defence. Petty and Seastrunk each spent time on TSN.cas Heisman Watch and bring gaudy stats seldom seen in the Knights American Athletic Conference. Pettys 30:2 touchdown to interception ratio and Seastrunks 7.5 yards per carry are some of the best in the nation, and too much to consider UCF a legit threat for the Fiesta Bowl. Prediction: Baylor Hetherington: UCF enters this game with one main question; can they keep up with Baylors offence? The Bears boast college footballs top scoring and passing offence and, while the Knights rank 13th in scoring defence allowing 19 points per game, they rank 62nd against the pass. UCF, however, has impressed in their big games this season, going 1-1 in against Top 25 teams. The Knights lost just one game this season, a 28-25 decision to 12th-ranked South Carolina when their fourth-quarter comeback fell short. Their most impressive win came against eighth-ranked and then-unbeaten Louisville in October. Quarterback Blake Bortles threw a touchdown pass with just 23 seconds left to win the game, 38-35. UCF has proved they can hang in with the nations top teams but how they handle the top offence remains to be seen. UCF put up more than 40 points just once; 62 against unranked Connecticut. Baylor has accomplished the feat nine times and put up 70 or more points four times. UCF will put up points, just not enough to keep up with the explosive offence of Baylor. Baylor wins in a high-scoring game. Prediction: Baylor Sugar Bowl: No. 3 Alabama vs. No. 11 Oklahoma Hetherington: Alabama put together a third consecutive dominant season in college football. The back-to-back national champions had convincing victories over sixth-ranked Texas A&M and 13th-ranked LSU. Yet, the Crimson Tide missed out on playing for a third consecutive national championship by just a few yards when Adam Griffiths 57-yard field goal fell short in a game tied at 28-28 with just seconds left on the clock. Auburns Chris Davis returned the kick for a touchdown and handed Alabama their first loss of the season and a missed opportunity to be playing for a national title this year. Now, Alabama must settle for a Sugar Bowl appearance and with Coach Nick Saban committed to the program long-term, they will win. Alabama is a sound football team with the second-ranked defence and 16th-ranked offence, both filled with talent across the board. In recent history, Alabama has faltered just once per season; to LSU in 2011 and to Johnny Manziels Texas A&M squad in 2012. Both years, Alabama rebounded to make and win the national championship game. This years lone loss came too late for Sabans squad to rebound but unfortunately for Oklahoma, theyve had their one upset. Quarterback AJ McCarron ends hiss Crimson Tide career with four bowl victories.dddddddddddd. Alabama wins by more than 10 points. Prediction: Alabama Fisher: Next to nobody had Oklahoma penciled in for a BCS Bowl heading into the last week of the regular season but a big win over rival Oklahoma State changed that all. Their prize is a Sugar Bowl meeting with an Alabama team I still think may be the best in the nation. I had written the Sooners off as BCS Bowl contenders after their loss to Texas (a team in turmoil at the time) and blowout loss to Baylor but they have some impressive wins on their resume as well (Notre Dame, Texas Tech, and of course OK State). Blake Bell has had some good games for the Sooners this year; hes going to need his best to come in January. That, coupled with a stingy effort from their 13th-ranked defence could make this a game, but I cant see a scenario where Alabama doesnt come out on top. Prediction: Alabama Orange Bowl: No. 7 Ohio State vs. No. 12 Clemson Fisher: Ohio State hasnt beaten anyone all year and looked awful the last two weeks of the season, barely holding on against a weak Michigan team before getting routed by a Michigan State team that really has no business being ranked in the Top 10. Clemson on the other hand, looks more the part of a team worthy of a BCS bowl. Tajh Boyd will end his strong four-year career with the Tigers (three as a starter) in this Orange Bowl and will be looking to top his impressive showing in last years Chick-fil-A Bowl, an upset win over LSU (also ranked eighth at the time), where he finished with 350+ combined yards and three scores. The one-time Heisman candidate and potential third-round pick has proven the Bowl stage isnt too big for him; expect another solid game for Boyd and top receiving prospect Sammy Watkins. This year, Im taking the second best team in the ACC over the second best team in the Big 10. Prediction: Clemson Hetherington: Ohio State won 24 straight games before losing in the Big Ten Championship game to Michigan State. Now I believe theyll lose two straight. Ohio State is widely believed to have been overrated this season and only defeated two ranked teams; Wisconsin – 31-24 when Wisconsin was ranked 23rd – and 16th-ranked Northwestern, who would finish the season unranked. Dont forget, Ohio State only defeated unranked Michigan by one point, after the Wolverines gambled, and lost, on a two-point conversion with 32 seconds left in the game. Quarterback Braxton Miller struggled in the passing game against both Michigan and Michigan State. In both games, the Buckeyes relied on a rushing attack. On paper, the two appear closely matched with Ohio State scoring 46 points per game on average, while Clemson scored 40. Both teams give up an average of 21 points on defence. I expect this game to be highly competitive and filled with scoring and the team that scores last will likely be the team that wins this game. Millers legs will keep this game close but in the end, his arm will fail Ohio State. Clemson wins. Prediction: Clemson BCS National Championship: No. 1 Florida State vs. No. 2 Auburn Hetherington: I dont need to tell you Auburn is a team of destiny because they will for me; "Were a team of destiny. We wont take no for an answer", said Chris Davis, who returned a missed field goal more than 100 yards to send the Tigers to the SEC Championship and jump Alabama in the BCS rankings. Auburn didnt just find luck against Alabama, however, they found it one week before and used it to defeat the Georgia Bulldogs on a play thats been deemed "the immaculate deflection." Down 38-37 and facing 4th and 18 with no timeouts, quarterback Nick Marshall threw a pass in to double coverage for Ricardo Louis. The pass deflected off the two defenders as they collided and found the hands of Louis who ran the remaining 30 yards for a touchdown. Auburn has proved theyre not a team which suffers from letdowns after major victories. After their Alabama win, Auburn defeated the Missouri Tigers, 59-42 and showed their ability to pound the football, handing off to running back Tre Mason 46 times. Mason ran for 304 yards and four touchdowns in the victory. Florida State has decimated every team theyve faced this season but should not overlook Auburn. After an early season loss to LSU, Auburn ran the table and their shocking wins against Georgia and Alabama have labeled them the team of destiny. Destiny beats logic so Ill take Auburn for the storybook finish. War Eagle! Prediction: Auburn Fisher: I know Auburn is the team of destiny this season but even destiny isnt enough to make up for the talent gap between the Tigers and Florida State. The Seminoles finish the regular season with the third-ranked offence and sixth-ranked defence, not to mention the Heisman Trophy winner (by a mile) in Jameis Winston. Auburn has won their games in shootout fashion – their offence (with destiny on their side) should find the end zone enough in the championship game but their 87th-ranked defence will get carved up by Winston. Florida State routed three strong, albeit slightly overrated teams in Clemson, Miami (FL) and Florida and thats what I view Auburn as, a strong, perhaps slightly overrated team. Theres only one team that could potentially beat the Seminoles and they were a missed field goal return away from playing in this game. War Eagle was fun but the clock will strike midnight on the Tigers run early in the BCS Championship. Prediction: Florida State Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys Wholesale NFL Gear Cheap NFL Black Jerseys Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap Jerseys 2020 ' ' '

Torna a Benvenuti !