Indice Area Generale Benvenuti ! r to give Villanova its biggest lead

r to give Villanova its biggest lead

I nuovi utenti possono presentarsi alla nostra community, facendo nuove amicizie e condividendo la propria passione!

Moderatore: Moderatori

Messaggio lunedì 4 giugno 2018, 8:44
langouba Utente esperto

PHILADELPHIA -- Strong defence makes St. Johns a tough opponent, even if the Red Storm dont get a win to show for it. Darrun Hilliard scored 18 points, Ryan Arcidiacono had 12 and No. 9 Villanova beat St. Johns 57-54 on Saturday. It was the second straight win for Villanova (24-3, 12-2 Big East) since its second loss of the season to No. 11 Creighton. "That was old-school, Big East basketball," Villanova coach Jay Wright said. "Ugly. Great defence. Physical. You had to be physically and mentally tough to play that game. It was the Big East. Im glad to see our conference at that level. It was just the kind of game in the 80s when I was an assistant here." DAngelo Harrison had 15 points for St. Johns (18-10, 8-7), Rysheed Jordan scored 13 and JaKarr Sampson had 12 points and 10 rebounds as the Red Storms six-game winning streak ended. "It was a Big East battle right to the end," Red Storm coach Steve Lavin said. "We punched and counter-punched right until the end in a hostile environment." Though moral victories dont show up in the standings, games like this increase St. Johns NCAA tournament chances. "If you know basketball, our team is coming together," Lavin said. "Now its up to us how we play the last two weeks." Wright thinks the Red Storm should get an invitation to the field of 68. "I think we can get five teams in on a year when our conference is down," Wright said. "Rivalries are getting interesting. Im getting excited about this league." Arcidiacono banked a three-pointer from the top of the circle to give Villanova a 53-50 lead with 3:43 left. After the Red Storm missed a shot, JayVaughn Pinkston grabbed two key offensive rebounds for the Wildcats and Hilliard made a free throw. St. Johns went 3:36 without a point before Sampsons free throw with 1:14 remaining. Arcidiacono then threw away the inbound pass following a timeout, and Harrison made a driving layup to cut it to 54-53. Daniel Ochefu made one of two free throws to give Villanova a two-point lead with 34 seconds left. With a chance to tie or give the Red Storm a lead, Phil Greene IV was called for travelling with 14 seconds to go. Arcidiaconos free throw made it 56-53. But the Red Storm couldnt get a three-point shot off and Harrison was fouled going for a layup with 1.5 seconds left. He made the first free throw and purposely missed the second, but a lane violation gave the ball to Villanova. "We were trying to get a three, but just couldnt do it," Harrison said. Josh Hart made one free throw and the Red Storm missed a desperation three-point shot at the buzzer. "Its frustrating," Sampson said. "We knew it was a big game. We just have to look forward to the next one." St. Johns came in allowing the second-fewest points in the nation (68.0). They also had the top field goal percentage defence and three-point percentage defence. It showed as the Red Storm forced 15 turnovers and held the Wildcats 23 points below their average (80.7). The Wildcats tied for the fewest points they have scored in a win this season. James Bell hit a three-pointer to give Villanova its biggest lead, 44-38, in the second half. But the Red Storm answered with a 9-3 run capped by SirDominic Pointers driving layup that tied it at 47. After both teams traded misses and turnovers for two minutes, Bell drained another three for a 50-47 with 5:52 left. Villanova, which beat St. Johns 74-67 at Madison Square Garden on Jan. 11, jumped to an 8-0 lead behind two threes by Hilliard. The Red Storm scored the next nine points and the teams played a tight, defensive first half that ended with Villanova leading 28-27. Michael Hoomanawanui Jersey . The Mavericks were not going to let San Antonio beat them with 3-pointers, and they did not want Tony Parker using the lane as his personal playground. Hau oli Kikaha Jersey . - Mike Zimmer has brought a demanding style to the Minnesota Vikings. http://www.shoptheofficialsaints.com/El ... ts-Jersey/. -- Athletics manager Bob Melvin is already starting to run out of superlatives to describe Scott Kazmir. Vonn Bell Jersey .com) - Calgary Flames forward Johnny Gaudreau has been selected as the NHLs Rookie of the Month for December, the league announced Friday. Cameron Jordan Jersey . - The Kansas City Royals are hoping All-Star catcher Salvador Perez will be back in a few days.PHILADELPHIA - The Philadelphia Eagles have signed defensive lineman Cedric Thornton to a one-year contract. Thornton emerged as one of the leagues best defensive ends against the run in 2013. The former undrafted free agent from Division II Southern Arkansas led Philadelphias linemen with 78 tackles and had one sack. The 25-year-old Thornton would haave been an exclusive rights free agent so he signed for the third-year player minimum.dddddddddddd Mondays move was the first on defence for the NFC East champions. The Eagles re-signed or gave contract extensions last week to wide receivers Jeremy Maclin and Riley Cooper, left tackle Jason Peters and centre Jason Kelce. NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Wholesale White NFL Jerseys Cheap Cheap Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '

Messaggio lunedì 4 giugno 2018, 8:45
langouba Utente esperto

INDIANAPOLIS -- Johnny Manziel shed the Hollywood image Friday -- maybe for good. The brash-talking, Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback from Texas A&M entered and exited the Lucas Oil Stadium media room through a back door. He ignored the television screens around him, monitors that provided live coverage of his media availability and that had been showing his college football highlights prior to his arrival. And it seemed Johnny Football had suddenly transformed himself into Johnny Business. "This is a job now. There are guys families, coaches families and jobs and all kinds of things on the line," he said in a stern, deliberate voice at the NFLs scouting combine. "For me, it wont be a hard thing to kick. Im extremely focused on whatever organization Ill be at and really pouring my heart out trying to be football 24-7 with that team." What he has to prove now is that he means every word. Since bursting onto the national stage in his Heisman-winning freshmen season, Manziel has been living large. Hes been courtside at NBA games, played golf at Pebble Beach, partied in Cabo and become a feature attraction for memorabilia hounds. Hes participated in dunk contests, publicly complained about life in College Station, Texas, developed a friendship with Tom Brady and never been shy about -- anything. But in Indianapolis, none of that stuff means a thing. Here, scouts and NFL front-office executives are treating Manziel as just another draft hopeful in the standard blue-and-green warm-up suit. Theyll see how he runs, how he tests and perhaps most important, how he answers questions. Most teams want to know whether this 21-year-old, fun-loving football star is mature enough to handle millions of dollars and live up to the tag of franchise quarterback. Fridays media availability may have been a good start. Rather than showcasing his bravado, Manziel, at times, sounded almost apologetic for some of the things hes said and done recently. "The main thing I wanted to portray that was more in the subplots of the article," he said, when asked about a story in which he seemed to warn Houston about bypassing him with the No. 1 overall pick, "was that whatever team I do end up with, whenever I do get to that team, whenever I am in that organization, each one of those guys is now my teammate, my brother and if Im on the field with those guys, Im going to try to be the best football player I can be." Other times, he sounded almost defiant. "I knew who I was meeting with, but Im not sure of his official title. Something along the lines of just a counselor," he said when pressed about reports he was being treated for alcoholism and anger management while at Texas A&M. When it became clear the 2012 Heisman winner measured in at 5-foot-11 3/4 inches, 207 pounds, shorter and lighter than his listed college measurements of 6-1 and 210, and shorter and lighter than many NFL teams seek in a starting quarterback, he wouldnt confirm the measurements. Instead, he explained that he more heart and passion for this sport than anyone in the draft. Not all the news was bad for Manziel. Though he stands about five inches shorter than Blake Bortles, another quarterback vying to wind up in Houston, Manziel came in with bigger hands -- a potentially big advantage on draft weekend. "I think it (hand size) is something that is highly underrated," said Arizona coach Bruce Arians, who has tutored Peyton Manning, Ben Roethlisberger and Andrew Luck among others. "It depends on where you play. If you play in Lucas Oil, not too bad. Now, if you play in Green Bay and you struggle with controlling a football when its cold and wet, thats a problem. That goes into the evaluation process hard." Theres little doubt about Manziels skills. In 2012, he broke the SECs single-season record for total offense (5,116 yards), became the fifth player in FBS history to throw for 3,000 yards and rush for 1,000 in one season and then set an all-bowl rushing record for a quarterback (229 yards). After his jet-setting offseason and an NCAA investigation into autographs on memorabilia, critics contended a distracted Manziel regressed. But he actually threw for more yards (4,116), more touchdowns (37) and wound up with a better passing efficiency (172.9) in 2013 than he did in 2012. The Texas native believes he will only continue to get better on a bigger stage. But what scouts and team executives must determine between now and Mays draft is whether Johnny Football is for real or whether this personality change is just one more part of his ongoing act. "Im from a small town of Kerrville, Texas, 20,000 people. That gets lost when people make me out to be a big Hollywood guy," Manziel said. "Sometimes you get caught up in certain things, but at the same time its about continuing to learn and continuing to adapt to everything thats going on in my life. Im not saying its always easy, but continuing to be who Ive always been is a big thing for me." Damian Lillard Jersey . He made another correct read. The Browns, who have been shuttling quarterbacks on and off the field all season, finally got some good news on that front: Campbells ribs are only bruised. Al-Farouq Aminu Jersey . -- LeGarrette Blount made one last big splash into a soggy end zone. http://www.blazersteamofficial.com/Cj-M ... rs-Jersey/. "Its way better than running gassers, thats for sure," the inside linebacker said Monday, when the Chargers started their third and final week of organized team activities, which are practices in shorts, jerseys and helmets. Bill Walton Jersey . -- Gary Harris gave No. Shabazz Napier Jersey . The ninth-seeded Safarova doused Swede Johanna Larsson 6-2, 6-3 on the green clay at Family Circle Tennis Center. The Czech player was a finalist here two years ago and captured back-to-back doubles titles in 2012 and last year.TORONTO - As Dwane Casey called a timeout late in Fridays victory, one of his teams most impressive of the campaign, an honorary addition to the Raptors coaching body was the first to race out and rally the troops. Donning a charcoal blazer on top of his white t-shirt, Kyle Lowry immediately pulled aside his replacement, Greivis Vasquez, as the two point guards calibrated by the bench with less than a minute remaining. A reluctant spectator for the second straight contest, nursing his bruised knee, Lowry refused to take the night off. Not that anyone truly expected him to. "He was like our second or third coach," said Jonas Valanciunas. "He was kind of doing the same thing he does when hes in the game," added Terrence Ross. "Helping us with plays, drawing things up for us, being vocal." The Raptors would rather have him in uniform, dressed in red and white while leading his team in the trenches instead of on the sidelines, but they have more than held their own in his absence. For the second time in three days, Toronto - missing both Lowry and forward Amir Johnson - was able to knock off a top-six team, as the teams confidence continues to grow heading into the playoffs. "With us we feel like we can beat anybody when we step out there on the court, honestly," said DeMar DeRozan, who tallied 20 points and nine assists in his teams inspiring 102-94 win over the Indiana Pacers. "Theyre [a] top team in the East. We understand tonight was a big win at this time of the season." The Pacers - a team the Raptors could see in the second round of the playoffs, should they advance - are backing into the postseason. Frank Vogels club, losers of six straight games on the road and six of eight overall, had occupied the Easts top seed for most of the season before surrendering it to Miami last week. Vulnerable as Indiana may be, the Raptors have split the season series and given that they were without two starters on Friday, their latest victory was of the statement variety. "If theyre looking for themselves, whatever it is, its a win," Casey said. "Whatever their deal is, theyve won 53 games. Thats the way I look at it. Its a quality win." Fresh off a similarly opportunistic win over a Rockets team missing Dwight Howard and Patrick Beverley, the Raptors displayed characteristics you wouldnt expect from a young, undermanned group. They were resilient, hitting back after the Pacers cut into their 11-point cushion and took a lead of their own late in the game. They were tough, winning the battle on the boards and refusing to back down from Indys intimidation tactics. They embodied the seemingly irreplaceable qualities of their fallen comrades, Lowry and Johnson. Lowry - for better or for worse, in uniform or not - is the engine that drives this ship and even from the bench he couldnt help but to take control. "Its a little bit worse than what he does when hes in the game with you," DeRozan joked. "He just wont stop talking but hey, we deal with it, its cool. He shut up a little bit more once we were winning." "Id rather have him in uniform than in street clothes and coaching," Casey said, also having some fun at the expense of the vocal Lowry. "I tell Kyle this all the time, that when he becomes a coach I cannot wait to come watch his teams play.dddddddddddd" "Ill tell you what, Imma be that heckler in that stands. Boooo, coach." The relationship between Casey and Lowry has grown exponentially over the past 18 months. Theyre both strong-willed, passionate competitors. Whatever rift they may or may not have had last season - when the team was losing and Lowrys minutes were sporadic - appears to be a thing of the past. They understand and respect each other. Winning will do that. "I mean we have the same goals and thats to win as many games as we can win, make noise in the playoffs and compete our butts off," Casey said before the game. "Were tied together from that standpoint." The Raptors have navigated through the toughest stretch of their late-season schedule without Lowry and Johnson - out with a lingering ankle ailment - and can now afford to be more cautious with the health of their stars. Torontos final six regular season games come against sub-.500 competition, beginning with Saturdays contest against the lowly Bucks in Milwaukee. "The big picture is the most important thing," Casey acknowledged, "keeping guys healthy going forward." Sophomores stepping up Facing elite defenders at their positions, the Raptors duo of second-year starters came up big in the absence of Lowry and Johnson. Valanciunas, who scored 22 points on 14 shots, anchored Torontos defence and pulled down crucial rebounds in crunch time while vastly outplaying Pacers all-star centre Roy Hibbert. Meanwhile, Ross picked up the slack on offence, leading the team with 24 points - including five made threes - against a couple of tough wing defenders in Paul George and Lance Stephenson. "They came in and played with a lot of confidence, a lot of energy," Casey said of his sophomores. "They continue to get better and work hard at it every single day," DeRozan added. "They understand they play a key role on this team and us being successful. I credit tonights game to them because they came up big." De Colo making an impact With Vasquez stepping into Lowrys slot as the teams starting point guard, Casey has looked to trade deadline acquisition Nando De Colo off the bench. Even without scoring, the former Spurs guard has been making an impact with his energy and basketball intellect. He logged 23 minutes on Friday - most hes played with the Raptors - and with the increased role came a greater comfort level offensively. "He knows that hes going to get extended minutes with Kyle out," Casey said of De Colo, who scored 10 points and dished out five assists. "When youre in that situation you play a little more free and a little looser. Hes [being] himself and hes done an excellent job." The stat DeRozan, who had a team-high nine assists Friday, has now recorded five or more dimes in 24 games this year after doing so 18 times in his first four seasons combined. The quote "It should help their confidence," said Casey on the win. "To go against a team like Indiana without our two starters helps us but its not worth a darn if we dont come out [Saturday] night and have the same focus and energy and effort. Were happy, were excited about the win. I dont want to poo poo on it but weve got to turn it up and crank it up again tomorrow night. NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Wholesale White NFL Jerseys Cheap Cheap Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '

Messaggio lunedì 4 giugno 2018, 8:47
langouba Utente esperto

BERLIN - Christoph Kramers bizarre own goal gave Borussia Dortmund a 1-0 win over Borussia Moenchengladbach to end the sides five-game losing streak and lift it out of the Bundesligas relegation zone on Sunday.World Cup winner Kramer converted into his own net from the centre circle in the 58th minute when he inadvertently chipped an attempted back pass over his goalkeeper and could only watch helplessly as the ball bounced in.I thought the ball was going to bounce up, said Kramer, referring to the pass he received from teammate Tony Jantschke. It can happen. But how I played today, that shouldnt happen. The Dortmunders can thank me and I have to excuse myself to the Gladbachers.Dortmund midfielder Sebastian Kehl immediately consoled the 23-year-old, and he said afterward, I hope it doesnt harm him, because hes a good kicker. I wish him all the best for the next game.It was a deserved lead for the home side which had dominated without converting any chances.Marco Reus was a constant thorn for his former side and almost made it 2-0 three minutes after Kramers mishap when he struck the crossbar.Reus went agonizingly near the far post in the second minute, shortly before Yann Sommer pulled off a great save to push another Reus effort onto the post.Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang had a goal ruled out for offside in the 19th, Lukasz Piszczek missed a good opportunity, Henrikh Mkhitaryan fired over with the goal at his mercy, and Sommer made another fine save to stop Aubameyangs free kick to keep it scoreless at the break.Moenchengladbach only threatened in a frenetic finale when Dortmund again missed numerous chances to secure the result.But the home side, which had 22 efforts to the visitors one, held on for a much-needed win to move above Werder Bremen on goal difference. Bremen occupies the relegation playoff spot.We totally deserved to win, said Dortmund coach Juergen Klopp, who also had words of consolation for Kramer.If that had to be the tin opener then Ill take it and tell the tale later. Christoph Kramer now has his own little place in our history.After its first defeat of the season Moenchengladbach is third, seven points behind Bayern Munich.Earlier, Kevin de Bruyne created both goals for Wolfsburg to beat Hamburger SV 2-0 and consolidate second.Ivica Olic opened the scoring in the 26th minute, deflecting de Bruynes wayward effort inside the left post from close range.Aaron Hunt made the game safe in the 64th, with a cool finish from de Bruynes pass — his ninth assist of the season, a Bundesliga high. The Belgian midfielder ran half the length of the pitch before picking out Hunt, who took his time before picking his spot.Wolfsburg were simply better than us, said Hamburg defender Dennis Diekmeier, whose side slipped back into the relegation zone. They deserved the win.American midfielder Julian Green, on loan at Hamburg from Munich, made a 79th-minute substitute appearance.Wolfsburg remained four points behind Bayern after its eighth consecutive win across all competitions. Vinny Curry Jersey . Instead, Nonis and Kessel were sorting through the fallout of a wild melee with the Buffalo Sabres, one that saw Kessel suspended for the duration of the pre-season. Wilbert Montgomery Jersey . The Canadian Luge Association officially named seven athletes to the 2014 Olympic team Tuesday. Edney, will lead teenagers John Fennell and Mitchel Malyk into their first Games in mens singles. Tristan Walker and Justin Snith will represent Canada in doubles, while Gough, will be joined by Kimberley McRae in womens singles. http://www.theeaglesfootballauthentic.c ... ck-jersey/. This week they discuss Russias mens hockey team, the ineptitude of the IOC handling the Nicklas Backstrom situation, John Tortorellas many apologies, and Canadas strong showing in curling. Corey Graham Jersey . Villar connected off Joe Saunders (11-14), sending a drive well over the left-field fence for his first career homer. The Astros scored six times in the first three innings to chase Saunders. Jason Peters Jersey . As they are wont to do, the Spurs made things real easy. The Spurs signed Parker to a multi-year contract extension on Friday, ensuring that the six-time All-Star point guard will be in the fold whether Duncan and Ginobili are able to continue their careers or not.CINCINNATI BENGALS Reason for Pessimism: This may be the best team that Marvin Lewis has had in his time as head coach with the Bengals, but is he really that good a coach? His career mark of 79-80-1 gets most coaches fired, but the Bengals keep moving on. At quarterback, all agree that Andy Dalton has been a wonderful surprise, but to truly progress he has to play his best in the playoffs. The two losses in the wildcard rounds keep the evaluation on Dalton open -- just like it did for Peyton Manning many years ago and Matt Ryan until last year. Dalton needs that playoff win ASAP. And who will compliment A.J. Green? All teams that have success find two good receivers in order to isolate the second receiver when the first draws double coverage. Someone has to emerge opposite Green. Reason for Optimism: The Bengals may have the best defensive line in the NFL. Carlos Dunlap, Domata Peko, Geno Atkins and Michael Johnson are not big names to the casual follower, but out of the franchise record 51 sacks the Bengals posted in 2012, 42 were from the defensive line. If you can rush four and drop seven, thats great news for any defensive co-ordinator. It limits the 1-on-1 opportunities for all the excellent receivers on all the other teams. And as coordinators go, Bengals DC Mike Zimmer is up there as one of the best. He is future head coach material (Dallas?) Logic says Dalton should continue to improve, and so should the Bengals. They only lost one of their last eight games of the regular season in 2012, and that was a one-point loss to Dallas, so Cincinnati has shown the ability to play great football late in the season. They just have to take care of January and early February. Reality: When Baltimores window may be closing, the Bengals is wide open. They only lost three free agents and only Manny Lawson (Bills) was a full-time player. With an offence that should catch up to the defence, I think the Bengals can win the AFC North. Prediction: First place in the AFC North. PITTSBURGH STEELERS Reason for Pessimism: The Pittsburgh Steelers were an 8-8 football team last year that missed the playoffs. And on defence, they are an old football team. And without Mike Wallace (Miami) they lost maybe the best “burner" in football. How well do Todd Haley and Ben Roethlisberger continue to co-exist? Weve heard, "just fine thank-you" and then "not so good." I am not sure where the truth is on that one – we will see. Reason for Optimism: This is a consistent franchise. The Steelers had a down year in 2009 with just nine wins, but that was following a Super Bowl victory over Arizona. Then they won 12 games in 2010 and the year after that there were 12 more. Pittsburgh will bounce back from last years disappointment to win at least 10 games. Last year the Steelers finished first in total defence again. As long as Dick Lebeau is with the organization, that side of the football will be very good to great. I also thought Pittsburgh drafted well. Top pick Jarvis Jones (linebacker from Georgia) and second pick LeVeon Bell (running back, Michigan State), looked good before getting hurt in the pre-season. Both will end up being starters when healthy. Getting 16 starts out of Troy Polamalu will also make a difference and I sense this year he accomplishes that goal. The hardest thing to do in NFL football is to stay on top all the time, ever year. With a tough training camp, physical in design, I expect a bounce-back year. Reality: I cant see the Steelers missing the playoffs two years in a row. Roethlisberger is at that point of his career that he can still perform with athletic excellence but also with genuine experience. There is nothing he has not seen before and he can still buy time to make it happen on his own. There are two key dates for the Steelers -- September 16th is a Monday night game in Cincinnati, and December 15th when the Bengals play at Heinz field in Pittsburgh. If they win those… Prediction: 2nd in the AFC North. BALTIMORE RAVENS Reason for Pessimism: Frree agency is a wonderful thing for players, but a difficult and agonizing aspect of modern football for owners and managers.dddddddddddd Nobody was hit harder by key retirements and free agency defections quite like Baltimore. Of the nine players lost, eight were starters, so the question is how the Ravens can recover in just six months. Yes, GM Ozzie Newsome has already made some excellent and well calculated moves, but are they enough? Joe Flacco is sitting fat and happy with his new contract and, based on his playoff performance, the Ravens really had no choice but to respond in a market-driven way. But the Ravens are a team that won four straight in November and lost four of five in December before winning four straight in January/February. Tough to figure out why or even how relevant that reality is coming into this season with so many new faces, but the hold-overs proved that they could play when the pressure was highest. As hard as it is to win a Super Bowl, it may be even harder to defend one. The sense of satisfaction lingers throughout the year and seems to take an edge of desperation away from a team. Not sure if the Ravens can repeat without leaders like Ray Lewis and Ed Reed keeping the fires stoked. Reason for Optimism: $120 million is ridiculous, but in the world of TV revenue and pro football, that is what the market demands for a quarterback that responded so well in the playoffs like Flacco did. Who will emerge at wide receiver to replace Anquan Bolden? And at free safety for Ed Reed? Middle linebacker for Ray Lewis? Well, history says Newsome will find a way to find the players. Terrell Suggs and Elvis Dumerville will be a pass rush nightmare and Ray Rice will continue to do it all as a running back. If Baltimore can beat the Broncos in Denver in Week 1 and then beat Houston in Week 3, they have a chance to be on their way to something special again. Reality: Burnout and leadership. The Ravens have to battle against the first and find the second. I wonder if that is too much in one year. The divisional final was won in Denver on one play, the Super Bowl on a four-play goal-line stand. Not this year. Newsome needs more time. Prediction: 3rd in the AFC North . CLEVELAND BROWNS Reason for Pessimism: Since 1999 and their "re-entry" to the NFL, the Browns have had seven head coaches and 10 offensive co-ordinators. So why not do it again? Enter Rod Chudzinski as another new head coach, which means a new playbook to learn on offence, defence and special teams. The Browns spent two years drafting talent to play a 4-3 defence and, you guessed it, will now go back to a 3-4. In free agency they lost their best returner and most explosive player in Josh Cribbs, plus their steadiest player in kicker Phil Dawson. Its no wonder that the Browns have averaged 4.5 wins in the last five seasons. They have never won more than six games in that span. Winning six this year would be a surprise. Reason for Optimism: The best move that Chudzinski made was hiring two good co-ordinators in Ray Horton (defence) and Norv Turner (offence). Turner is exceptional with quarterbacks. Troy Aikman and Philip Rivers had their best years with Norv Turner. If Turner wants QB Brandon Weeden to improve, RB Trent Richardson has to stay healthy -- that would take a lot of pressure off the quarterback. Weeden has a lot to prove with fellow 2012 draftees Robert Griffin III, Andrew Luck, Russell Wilson and even Ryan Tannehill appearing to be on their way. Weeden is not in their league – yet. Horton is young and respected due to how he improved Arizona on defence, and Cleveland has some talent for him to work with on that side of the ball. Reality: Everything old is new again, and having a relative unknown at quarterback is too much. The bottom line with the Browns is that they have some good players, just not enough of them. At least this year the Browns have a sense of direction, but they are still in a tough division, and have the NFC North on the schedule. Prediction: 4th in the AFC North. NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Wholesale White NFL Jerseys Cheap Cheap Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '

Messaggio lunedì 4 giugno 2018, 8:49
langouba Utente esperto

SALT LAKE CITY -- Kirsten Moore-Towers of St. Catharines, Ont., and Dylan Moscovitch of Toronto successfully defended their pairs title on Friday at the U.S. International Figure Skating Classic. Moore-Towers and Moscovitch totalled 201.30 points, with Caydee Denney and John Coughlin of the U.S. second at 188.47. Americans Tarah Kayne and Daniel OShea were third. "We made it exciting with some trouble on our last lift but Dylan showed great strength to pull us through," said Moore-Towers, fourth with her partner last season at the world championships. "Its only the second time we had performed this program and our performance bodes well for the rest of the season." Paige Lawrence of Kennedy, Sask., and Rudi Swiegers of Kipling, Sask., were fifth. Max Aaron led a U.S. medal sweep in the mens singles. Andrei Rogozine of Richmond Hill, Ont., was sixth. In womens singles, the U.S. holds the top-three spots with Amelie Lacoste of Delson, Que., fourth. Ice dancers Meryl Davis and Charlie White of the U.S., were first after the short dance with Kaitlyn Weaver and Andrew Poje of Waterloo, Ont., second. Nicole Orford of Burnaby, B.C., and Thomas Williams of Okotoks, Alta., are in third place. Robert McClain Jersey . The Braves optioned outfielder Jose Constanza to Triple-A Gwinnett. As expected, the Braves also called up right-hander Julio Teheran from Gwinnett to start Sundays game and optioned backup catcher J. Donovan Smith Jersey . Rajon Rondo had 18 of Bostons season-high 38 assists and the Celtics committed just seven turnovers in a 118-111 win over the Detroit Pistons on Sunday night. http://www.thebuccaneersfansclub.com/Bl ... er-Jersey/. Goins is the early favourite to win the starting job at second base. Pillar is an outsider to secure a role off the bench, which becomes an even more difficult spot to win if the number of back up jobs is reduced by one. That happens if the Blue Jays decide to start the season with an eight man bullpen. Warren Sapp Jersey .C. -- Panthers offensive tackle Jordan Gross is saying goodbye to the NFL after 11 seasons. Gerald McCoy Jersey . A player confirmed to TSN on the condition of anonymity that he received his ballot yesterday. Another confirms hes been told to expect his shortly. "The unions executive committee insists a strike vote does not mean were pushing away from the table," the player said. "But we want the league to know were serious about our position. PHILADELPHIA -- In a change of recent fortune, luck was on Cole Hamels side this time. Wil Nieves doubled and had three hits and Hamels got a victory when he wasnt at his best as the Philadelphia Phillies defeated the Seattle Mariners 4-3 on Wednesday. Chase Utley had the go-ahead RBI and Ben Revere and Marlon Byrd drove in runs for the Phillies, who won for just the third time in their last nine. Kendrys Morales homered for Seattle, which was bidding to move 12 games over .500 for the first time since 2007. The Mariners, who are battling Detroit for the ALs second wild-card spot, lost for just the third time in 10 games. Hamels (7-6) snapped his string of seven straight starts going at least seven innings, but picked up the win in a rare reversal of fortunes. The left-hander entered Wednesday with the eight-best ERA in baseball but there were more than 100 pitchers with more victories. Hamels didnt have his best stuff against the Mariners, giving up three runs on nine hits with four strikeouts, one walk and two wild pitches, but he got just enough run support and a lift from the Philadelphia bullpen. "Hes pitched outstanding," Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg said. "He was due for a win like this with not his best stuff and his teammates picking him up. Hes on a long roll of good games and some of them without the run support. He was due for one today." Hamels said: "I think the team definitely played really well with getting the runs in when we needed to." Jonathan Papelbon struck out two in a scoreless ninth for his 30th save in 33 opportunities. Jake Diekman followed Hamels and struck out four in two scoreless frames and Ken Giles fanned the side in the scoreless eighth. James Paxton (3-1) took the first loss of his career after the shortest outing in his 10th start. He lasted four innings while allowing four runs - one earned - on seven hits. The 25-year-old Paxton was 6-0 in his career. "I probably couldve executed pitches a little bit better," Paxton said. "But they were finding holes with ground balls, a couple blooopers in there, but thats baseball.ddddddddddddquot; Philadelphia was helped by Paxton in the fourth. After Nieves led off with a single, Andres Blanco hit a liner off Paxtons left ankle. The pitcher retrieved the ball but threw it away to put runners on second and third with no outs. Nieves scored on a passed ball and Utleys RBI single made it 4-3. TRAINERS ROOM Mariners: Paxton stayed in the game after taking Blancos line drive off his left foot in the fourth inning. He said afterward he was OK. Phillies: OF John Mayberry Jr. had a pair of hits on Tuesday in his first rehab game with Triple-A Lehigh Valley at Pawtucket. Mayberry has been on the DL since July 21 with left wrist inflammation. UP NEXT Mariners: Seattle takes Thursday off before heading to Boston for a three-game series at Fenway Park beginning at 4:10 Friday afternoon. Felix Hernandez (13-4, 1.99) takes the hill for the Mariners for the first time since snapping his MLB record of 16 straight starts with seven or more innings and two runs or fewer. Phillies: Following Thursdays off day, RHP Kyle Kendrick (5-11, 4.90) takes the mound as Philadelphia opens a three-game home series with the Cardinals at 7:05 Friday. Kendrick is 1-3 with a 5.49 ERA in his last seven starts. Following his last start, Kendrick apologized a day after storming off the mound and not waiting for manager Ryne Sandberg when he was lifted after allowing three earned runs in five innings of a 6-5 loss to the Giants on Saturday. SUPPORT FOR TANEY Sandberg replaced his customary Phillies uniform and cap with one bearing the name of Taney at his postgame news conference and pledged the teams support for the Philadelphia team in the Little League World Series. "We all played Little League so we can relate," Sandberg said. "Its back to the basics of having fun and jumping around and doing all of the things they do. To have someone to cheer for and pull for, that doesnt happen every year. We have somebody to pull for." STREAK SNAPPED The Mariners had their streak of 15 straight wins when scoring three or more runs snapped. NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Wholesale White NFL Jerseys Cheap Cheap Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '

Messaggio lunedì 4 giugno 2018, 8:49
langouba Utente esperto

SALT LAKE CITY -- Kirsten Moore-Towers of St. Catharines, Ont., and Dylan Moscovitch of Toronto successfully defended their pairs title on Friday at the U.S. International Figure Skating Classic. Moore-Towers and Moscovitch totalled 201.30 points, with Caydee Denney and John Coughlin of the U.S. second at 188.47. Americans Tarah Kayne and Daniel OShea were third. "We made it exciting with some trouble on our last lift but Dylan showed great strength to pull us through," said Moore-Towers, fourth with her partner last season at the world championships. "Its only the second time we had performed this program and our performance bodes well for the rest of the season." Paige Lawrence of Kennedy, Sask., and Rudi Swiegers of Kipling, Sask., were fifth. Max Aaron led a U.S. medal sweep in the mens singles. Andrei Rogozine of Richmond Hill, Ont., was sixth. In womens singles, the U.S. holds the top-three spots with Amelie Lacoste of Delson, Que., fourth. Ice dancers Meryl Davis and Charlie White of the U.S., were first after the short dance with Kaitlyn Weaver and Andrew Poje of Waterloo, Ont., second. Nicole Orford of Burnaby, B.C., and Thomas Williams of Okotoks, Alta., are in third place. Robert McClain Jersey . The Braves optioned outfielder Jose Constanza to Triple-A Gwinnett. As expected, the Braves also called up right-hander Julio Teheran from Gwinnett to start Sundays game and optioned backup catcher J. Donovan Smith Jersey . Rajon Rondo had 18 of Bostons season-high 38 assists and the Celtics committed just seven turnovers in a 118-111 win over the Detroit Pistons on Sunday night. http://www.thebuccaneersfansclub.com/Bl ... er-Jersey/. Goins is the early favourite to win the starting job at second base. Pillar is an outsider to secure a role off the bench, which becomes an even more difficult spot to win if the number of back up jobs is reduced by one. That happens if the Blue Jays decide to start the season with an eight man bullpen. Warren Sapp Jersey .C. -- Panthers offensive tackle Jordan Gross is saying goodbye to the NFL after 11 seasons. Gerald McCoy Jersey . A player confirmed to TSN on the condition of anonymity that he received his ballot yesterday. Another confirms hes been told to expect his shortly. "The unions executive committee insists a strike vote does not mean were pushing away from the table," the player said. "But we want the league to know were serious about our position. PHILADELPHIA -- In a change of recent fortune, luck was on Cole Hamels side this time. Wil Nieves doubled and had three hits and Hamels got a victory when he wasnt at his best as the Philadelphia Phillies defeated the Seattle Mariners 4-3 on Wednesday. Chase Utley had the go-ahead RBI and Ben Revere and Marlon Byrd drove in runs for the Phillies, who won for just the third time in their last nine. Kendrys Morales homered for Seattle, which was bidding to move 12 games over .500 for the first time since 2007. The Mariners, who are battling Detroit for the ALs second wild-card spot, lost for just the third time in 10 games. Hamels (7-6) snapped his string of seven straight starts going at least seven innings, but picked up the win in a rare reversal of fortunes. The left-hander entered Wednesday with the eight-best ERA in baseball but there were more than 100 pitchers with more victories. Hamels didnt have his best stuff against the Mariners, giving up three runs on nine hits with four strikeouts, one walk and two wild pitches, but he got just enough run support and a lift from the Philadelphia bullpen. "Hes pitched outstanding," Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg said. "He was due for a win like this with not his best stuff and his teammates picking him up. Hes on a long roll of good games and some of them without the run support. He was due for one today." Hamels said: "I think the team definitely played really well with getting the runs in when we needed to." Jonathan Papelbon struck out two in a scoreless ninth for his 30th save in 33 opportunities. Jake Diekman followed Hamels and struck out four in two scoreless frames and Ken Giles fanned the side in the scoreless eighth. James Paxton (3-1) took the first loss of his career after the shortest outing in his 10th start. He lasted four innings while allowing four runs - one earned - on seven hits. The 25-year-old Paxton was 6-0 in his career. "I probably couldve executed pitches a little bit better," Paxton said. "But they were finding holes with ground balls, a couple blooopers in there, but thats baseball.ddddddddddddquot; Philadelphia was helped by Paxton in the fourth. After Nieves led off with a single, Andres Blanco hit a liner off Paxtons left ankle. The pitcher retrieved the ball but threw it away to put runners on second and third with no outs. Nieves scored on a passed ball and Utleys RBI single made it 4-3. TRAINERS ROOM Mariners: Paxton stayed in the game after taking Blancos line drive off his left foot in the fourth inning. He said afterward he was OK. Phillies: OF John Mayberry Jr. had a pair of hits on Tuesday in his first rehab game with Triple-A Lehigh Valley at Pawtucket. Mayberry has been on the DL since July 21 with left wrist inflammation. UP NEXT Mariners: Seattle takes Thursday off before heading to Boston for a three-game series at Fenway Park beginning at 4:10 Friday afternoon. Felix Hernandez (13-4, 1.99) takes the hill for the Mariners for the first time since snapping his MLB record of 16 straight starts with seven or more innings and two runs or fewer. Phillies: Following Thursdays off day, RHP Kyle Kendrick (5-11, 4.90) takes the mound as Philadelphia opens a three-game home series with the Cardinals at 7:05 Friday. Kendrick is 1-3 with a 5.49 ERA in his last seven starts. Following his last start, Kendrick apologized a day after storming off the mound and not waiting for manager Ryne Sandberg when he was lifted after allowing three earned runs in five innings of a 6-5 loss to the Giants on Saturday. SUPPORT FOR TANEY Sandberg replaced his customary Phillies uniform and cap with one bearing the name of Taney at his postgame news conference and pledged the teams support for the Philadelphia team in the Little League World Series. "We all played Little League so we can relate," Sandberg said. "Its back to the basics of having fun and jumping around and doing all of the things they do. To have someone to cheer for and pull for, that doesnt happen every year. We have somebody to pull for." STREAK SNAPPED The Mariners had their streak of 15 straight wins when scoring three or more runs snapped. NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Wholesale White NFL Jerseys Cheap Cheap Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '

Messaggio lunedì 4 giugno 2018, 8:52
langouba Utente esperto

The U.S. Olympic mens hockey team hasnt been officially announced yet, but they have apparently set their foundation of goalies for the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi. According to Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press, Jimmy Howard of the Detroit Red Wings, Ryan Miller of the Buffalo Sabres and Jonathan Quick of the Los Angeles Kings will the teams goaltenders. St. James also reports that it is expected that Howard will be the third-string goalie in Sochi. The starter is yet to be known. USA Hockey will announce its entire roster on Wednesday in Ann Arbor, Michigan following the NHLs Winter Classic game. Miller was the starter for the U.S. at the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver, leading the U.S. to a silver medal. Quick, who led the Kings to the Stanley Cup in 2011 with a Conn Smythe-winning performance, has been sidelined since November with a groin injury. Howard is 6-8-7 this season with a .910 save percentage with the Red Wings. Jacksonville Jaguars Jerseys . 5 Trade Deadline is drawing closer and teams will be deciding on whether to buy or sell. Tashaun Gipson Jersey . The English Football Association had charged the German right back with violent conduct after retrospectively reviewing video evidence of an incident that was missed by match officials at Craven Cottage on Saturday. http://www.authenticjaguarslockroom.com ... te-Jersey/. Milan was held to 1-1 at home by Torino. Cagliari scored six minutes from halftime when Mauricio Pinilla blasted home from the penalty spot after Facundo Roncaglia tripped Marco Sau. The home side could have doubled its tally in stoppage time as first Fiorentina defender Stefan Savic almost scored an own goal then Albin Ekdals shot clipped the top of the upright. Allen Hurns Jersey . PAUL, Minn. Paul Posluszny Jersey . Western and the second-ranked Laval Rouge et Or (7-0) once again received 20 and 10 first-place votes from the Football Reporters of Canada panel, respectively. Rounding out the Top 10 are the Calgary Dinos (7-0), Queens Gaels (7-1), Guelph Gryphons (7-1), Montreal Carabins (5-2), Bishops Gaiters (5-2), McMaster Marauders (5-3), Manitoba Bisons (4-3) and the Saskatchewan Huskies (4-3) Western crushed York 50-10 last Saturday in its league finale to secure first place in the OUA standings and a bye in the first round of the conference playoffs.The Ottawa Senators conclude a season-opening three-game road trip this evening as they look to keep the Florida Panthers winless on the young campaign. Viewers in the Ottawa region can watch the Senators face the Panthers at 7:30pm et. The game can also be heard live on TSN Radio 1200 at 7:30pm et. The Senators have split the first two of this swing, losing in regulation to Nashville on Thursday before notching a 3-2 shootout win over the Tampa Bay Lightning on Saturday. Mark Stone and Erik Karlsson scored third-period goals and both Kyle Turris and Mika Zibanejad had shootout tallies. Robin Lehner made 38 saves in the win. We were pesky and stuck with it, said Ottawa head coach Paul MacLean. Much of the game didnt go the way we planned it, but we had some good work from the defense and goalie and it paid off. The Panthers will need a better effort from their defense and goaltending as they try to avoid a third straight setback. Florida was edged 3-2 in overtime by Tampa Bay on Thursday before getting routed 5-1 by the New Jersey Devils on Saturday. The Devils scored four times in the first period and scored the first goal of the second frame before Derek MacKenzie stopped the bleeding with a power-play tally for the Panthers. MacKenzies goal came with 3:29 left in the frame off assists from Scottie Upshall and Brian Campbell. Roberto Luongo surrendered five goals on 14 shots in less than 23 minutes of action to take the loss.dddddddddddd Al Montoya finished up by making 10 saves. The first few were a couple of bad bounces there, Luongo said. Tough start but no excuses. I have to make a couple of saves to keep the team in the game and I didnt do that. The Senators and Panthers split four meetings a season ago, but Ottawa has won 13 of the previous 17 encounters overall. The Sens also have won seven of their last 10 in Sunrise. Projected Senators Lines: MacArthur - Turris - Stone Ryan - Zibanejad - Chiasson Michalek - Legwand - Neil Greening - Smith - Condra Phillips - Karlsson Weircioch - Ceci Boroweicki - Gryba Anderson starts in goal Scratches: Cowen - Hoffman - Lazar Senators (2PTS) at Panthers (1PT) - 7:30PM, TSN5, TSN RADIO 1200 OTT was 2-1-1 vs FLA last season OTT was 1-0-1 in FLA last season FLA (0-1-1): 3GF on season, 1/10 on PP, 7/12 on PK last time winless through first two games was in 10-11 (0-2-0) 5-14-2 last 21 reg season games, 44GF, 10.9% on PP Bjugstad (38PTS) led FLA in PTS in 13-14, 0PTS and 0 shots in 14-15 OTT (1-1-0): final game of 3 game road trip to start season 1/8 on PP in 2 games 77 shots against in 2 games 3 of their 4G have come in the 3rd pd 9 players have at least 1PT Karlsson (7) leads team in shots Chiasson and Turris both 1G, 1A lead team in PTS NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Wholesale White NFL Jerseys Cheap Cheap Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '

Messaggio lunedì 4 giugno 2018, 8:53
langouba Utente esperto

WINNIPEG -- Jennifer Jones zipped up her red jacket with the word Canada on the front of it and couldnt stop smiling. The veteran Winnipeg skip finally earned the right to represent Canada at the Olympics in Sochi, Russia next year with an 8-4 victory over Sherry Middaugh in the Canadian Curling Trials final Saturday night. "Its pretty cool," Jones said with a laugh when asked what it was like to wear the jacket. "Love it. Yup, yup, cant wait for more." The 39-year-old has curled for 28 years, winning four Canadian championships and gold at the 2008 worlds and bronze in 2010, but never came close to wearing the maple leaf at the biggest sporting event. This was her third Trials event, and the first time she even made the playoffs. "This is one of the best, if not the best, moments of our curling careers," Jones told the partisan crowd of 8,565 at MTS Centre during the medal presentation. Jones is supported by third Kaitlyn Lawes, long-time second Jill Officer, Dawn McEwen and alternate Kirsten Wall. "We worked so hard for three years and its one game and it comes down to a couple of shots here and there and today we made them," Jones later told reporters. "Its hard to believe. But my team played outstanding." Officer and Jones began curling together in 1992, with Officer taking a four-year break to go to school and move to Brandon. "Its pushing 20 years," a teary-eyed Officer, who curled 99 per cent, said. "Absolutely, were totally like sisters. " "Its just so amazing to share it with her and to share it with Kaitlyn and Dawn, too. We just have such great dynamics on this team. We just love playing with each other." McEwen joined the rink in 2008 and Lawes in 2010. Middaugh, 47, who curls out of Coldwater, Ont., hasnt finished higher than third at a Scotties Tournament of Hearts national championship, but did win one of five Canada Cup events. Her rink includes third Jo-Ann Rizzo, second Lee Merklinger, lead Leigh Armstrong and alternate Lori Eddy. Jones had defeated Middaugh 9-7 in this weeks Roar of the Rings round-robin play. While Jones ended the round robin 6-1 and earned a bye into the final, Middaugh opened 1-3 and then finished 4-3, beating Winnipegs Chelsea Carey in a tie-breaker and then reigning Canadian champion Rachel Homan of Ottawa 10-4 in the semifinal. "The final itself isnt a highlight, obviously, but the week itself was, considering that we werent considered one of the favourites," Middaugh said. In the final clash of veterans, Jones scored two three-enders. For her first triple points, Jones capitalized on a Middaugh mistake in the second end. Middaugh was heavy on a draw and went through the house. Jones then used her last rock to make a double takeout. "We put it in a good spot and Jennifers probably forced to take one and then it could be a totally different game," Middaugh said of the end. Middaugh made a hit and roll for two in the sixth, needing a measurement for the second point to close the gap 4-3. But in the seventh end, with Middaughs last rock sitting on the button, Jones used the hammer for a hit for three to go up 7-4. Jones curled 91 per cent, while Middaugh was 78 per cent. The long-time curlers are also connected off the ice. Jones is a lawyer for National Bank Financial and her partner, Brent Laing, is second for Glenn Howards rink. She and Laing are parents to a one-year-old daughter, Isabella. Middaugh is a bookkeeper and married to Wayne Middaugh, the third for Howards rink. Jones started to choke up when she talked about her mother, Carol, looking after Isabella all week as the little one was sick. Laing said theyll get the logistics figured out so he can support Jones in Russia. "Its super exciting," Laing said. "Nobody deserves it more than these four girls. And nobody works harder than they do and nobody has prepared better than they have. "Ive been a part of it for the last two years and I can honestly say that Ive never met a curling team that worked so hard at the game on and off the ice. "Sometimes you get what you deserve and thats always fun to see. And these girls got today what they deserved." Cheryl Bernard represented Canada at the 2010 Olympics in Vancouver, winning a silver after a loss to Sweden. On the mens side of the Trials, an Olympic dream moved a step closer to reality for John Morris, as he handed his former skip a ticket home. And Kevin Martin said he had no one to blame but himself. Morris and Brad Jacobs will square off in the mens final Sunday. "Either my first or second one in six, that was the game-breaker," said Martin. "We force them to one there, weve got all the momentum going into seven." Instead, Martin lost 7-5, letting Morris score a deuce in six and another in eight, then losing the hammer in nine when he failed to blank on an open hit. It was a sweet win for Morris, who took over as skip this year on Jim Cotters B.C. rink with the Olympics in his sights. Cotter moved to third, although he still throws fourth rocks. "It feels great, its been a real grind of a year . . . We seem to be playing our best curling right now and Im just real proud of the guys," he said. He gave full marks to Cotter. Martin said he was surprised at the shots Cotter made. As the strategist, Morris watched his former skip all week and put a rock in the one spot in nine where Martin had nosed one earlier in the round robin. Martin, who was trying for his fourth trip to the Olympics, kept his composure but said this will be his last trials. A frustrated Marc Kennedy, Martins second, couldnt hide his feelings as he smashed his broom into shards in the hallway after he left the ice. Lead Ben Hebert said Martin kept them in the hunt all week (they lost only once to Jacobs). "Kevin was the best player here all week, standing on his head just to keep us in it, thats the reason we were 6-1, and he didnt play good today," he said, adding that he isnt giving up on a return trip to the Olympics, after winning gold with Martin in 2010. "The game should have been over after five or six and we let them off the hook." Morris, who was also part of that 2010 gold-medal team, said they knew they werent favoured to win. "We didnt mind the underdog tag and we knew what we were capable of." As for the future of the team if they dont beat Jacobs Sunday, Cotter said that remains up in the air. "Weve talked about the future and who knows," he said. "Were focusing on this moment here and now and what our game plan is going to be tomorrow. Were just going to go out and try and play our best game." Their best game will be needed against Brier winner Jacobs, who swept the field in the round robin, handing Martin his only loss, to move directly to the final. "We just need to keep doing what weve been doing," said Jacobs, who practised Saturday. "Everyone is throwing the rock great on this team . . . We just need to come out and perform like weve performed all week and let the chips fall where they may." Leroy Sane Jersey . The Redblacks are taking on the Edmonton Eskimos in their second regular season game Friday night. Catch the game live on TSN as the back end of a doubleheader starting at 10pm et/7pm pt. Lukas Podolski Jersey . Cabrera is hitting .218 with three homers and 16 RBI in 80 games this season. The Padres recalled second baseman Brooks Conrad from Triple-A El Paso to replace Cabrera on the roster. http://www.germanyfcsoccershop.com/c-33 ... ersey.aspx. -- Center Max Unger and tight end Zach Miller are both probable for the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday against the New York Giants and Percy Harvins recovery continues to be slow. Sandro Wagner Jersey . -- Steven Stamkos scored his first goal since returning from a major injury, Ryan Callahan had his first goal with Tampa Bay, and the Lightning beat the Florida Panthers 5-4 on Thursday night. Sebastian Rudy Jersey .J. -- Travis Zajac of the New Jersey Devils took a lot of grief considering his scored the first of his career-best three goals just 12 seconds into a crucial game against the Florida Panthers.Chicago, IL (SportsNetwork.com) - Jimmy Butler scored 26 points and the Chicago Bulls had a franchise-record 18 blocked shots in a 106-101 win over the Denver Nuggets on Thursday night. Pau Gasol added 17 points, a career-high nine blocks and nine rebounds for the Bulls, who have won 11 of their last 13. Derrick Rose scored 17 points on 25 shots and Aaron Brooks had 12 points off the bench. Wilson Chandler had 22 points and Ty Lawson scored 20 to lead the Nuggets, who have lost three in a row and 12 of their last 16. Denvers road losing streak reached seven games since a win against Utah on Dec. 1. Final Score: Sacramento 110, Minnesota 107 Minneapolis, MN (SportsNetwork.ddddddddddddcom) - Darren Collison and Rudy Gay each scored 21 points to lead the Sacramento Kings to a 110-107 win over the Minnesota Timberwolves on Thursday. DeMarcus Cousins had 19 points with seven rebounds before fouling out, and Derrick Williams added 17 points on 6-of-10 shooting in the win. Sacramento snapped a six-game losing skid on the road. Andrew Wiggins tallied 27 points with nine rebounds for Minnesota, which dropped its 10th straight game. Gorgui Dieng and Shabazz Muhammad each chipped in 15 points, with Dieng adding 10 rebounds. NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Wholesale White NFL Jerseys Cheap Cheap Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '

Messaggio lunedì 4 giugno 2018, 8:55
langouba Utente esperto

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. -- Challenged for the first time under Major League Baseballs expanded replay system, umpires got it right. The umps went 3 for 3 on Monday as MLB tried out the new format at three spring training games. The first test came at 3:06 p.m. EST in Fort Myers, Fla., after first base umpire Fieldin Culbreth ruled Toronto shortstop Munenori Kawasakis throw pulled Jared Goedert off the bag in the sixth inning. "Im not too sure that youre not right here," Culbreth said Blue Jays manager John Gibbons told him, "but since we havent done it before, lets go take a look." Culbreth answered: "OK. Thats what its for." After 2 minutes, 34 seconds, replay umpire Brian ONora relayed his call by headset, confirming that Minnesota batter Chris Rahl was safe. During the wait, Rahl said he realized he perhaps was part of history. "Its kind of funny. I was thinking, Is this the first one?" he said. ONora made the final ruling from a satellite truck outside the stadium. During the regular season, umpires on the field will check with the replay booth in New York, where an MLB umpire will make the final call. Later in the game, Culbreth rotated and took a turn in the truck, confirming another safe call at first base. "Im looking at this thing as, this is the future of the game. And Im going to treat these games here the same way that Im going to treat them during the regular season," Culbreth said. In the eighth inning, Doug Bernier of the Twins was called safe on a close play at first. As Culbreth studied the replay, the ballpark sound system played a Rolling Stones song with the familiar lyric, "I cant get no satisfaction." The call was confirmed, Bernier was safe. Extra replay also was in place for two games in Arizona -- the Los Angeles Angels vs. Arizona Diamondbacks in Scottsdale and the Chicago Cubs against Milwaukee in Phoenix. Each team in the majors will have at least five exhibition games with the new system in place. In January, owners approved the use of additional video replay to review most calls other than balls-and-strikes. Previously, umpires could only go to replay to review home runs and boundary calls. Moments after the first replay call, Angels manager Mike Scioscia wasted little time in using his challenge. In the top of the second, Luis Jimenez of the Angels tried to steal second. Catcher Bobby Wilsons throw was high but second base umpire Bill Miller ruled that Aaron Hill tagged the runner out. Scioscia bounded out of the dugout and charged toward Miller to argue, just like managers always have done. Instead, though, he chose to use his challenge. After two of the umpires made a quick visit to the Angels dugout to communicate with the replay umpire, the call was upheld. "We werent trying to make a mockery out of it," Scioscia said of using the challenge so soon. "We thought it was a pretty close play." There was only one angle available with the limited camera work of a spring training telecast. "If we have 15 angles of that," Scioscia said, "theres a possibility it gets reversed." That review took 2:31. Since he lost the challenge, Scioscia had no more. "I dont think its going to take much time in the logistics. That will smooth out," he said. "As far as the strategy of it, thats going to take a lot. It might be something you win, but you know you need that challenge to save the big play somewhere." Twins manager Ron Gardenhire and Arizonas Kirk Gibson did not use their challenge. Neither did Cubs manager Rick Renteria nor the Brewers Ron Roenicke. Gibson said he thought about contesting a close play when Paul Goldschmidt nearly beat out a grounder but said he decided it was 50-50 and not worth it. "I think its going to be a lot more complicated than we thought," Gibson said. "We had a lot of conversation during the game." For the Angels-Diamondbacks game, the replay trailer was set up in the parking lot behind centre field. Teams are allowed to have a person to watch the game on television and advise the managers via phone whether it would be worth it for the call to be challenged. The Angels communicated via walkie talkie Monday but there will be a dedicated phone line for each team in the major league parks. Under the new rules, each manager has one challenge. If the first challenge is successful, the manager gets a second. From the seventh inning on, if the manager is out of challenges, the umpire can decide to have the play reviewed. Some critics of expanded replay worried that challenges would delay the game too much. Culbreth said he didnt think that would be a problem, and pointed at the benefits. "It will work itself out. I think time really isnt going to be an issue in the end," he said. "And if it is, its about getting the play right in the end, anyhow." Matt Niskanen Jersey . The thunderous cheers quickly changed to an appreciative chant: "Ma-son! Ma-son! Ma-son! Headed to New York with new life, Mason sure earned this curtain call. Mike Gartner Jersey . Louis Cardinals continued their offensive tear with a 9-5 victory over the Los Angeles Dodgers in the opener of a four-game series. http://www.shopcapitalsonline.com/Capit ... as-Jersey/. -- Detroit Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh says he isnt going to change what he does on the field. Devante Smith-Pelly Jersey . The International Ice Hockey Federation says Pavlovs avoided a two-year sanction because he acted "without significant negligence in failing to verify the safety of the supplements he was taking. Jaromir Jagr Jersey . This is the final meeting of the season between these teams.? The Capitals were 5-4 winners in a shootout Oct.DAVIE, Fla. - Brandon Marshall is still complaining about his quarterback with the Dolphins more than two years after leaving Miami.Marshall will face the Dolphins on Sunday for the first time since they traded him to the Chicago Bears. In a conference call Wednesday with South Florida reporters, the five-time Pro Bowl receiver talked about his two years with the Dolphins and quarterback Chad Henne.We were a quarterback away from having a team, Marshall said. Our defence were studs. Offensively ... I really thought we had a young group of guys that could have done some special things if we ccame together.dddddddddddd Unfortunately, we didnt have that opportunity.Marshall didnt hide his disdain for Henne when they were teammates, and the Dolphins went 7-9 and 6-10. General manager Jeff Ireland traded Marshall in 2012 for three draft picks, none higher than the third round.I was surprised, but I was happy at the same time once Jeff Ireland told me where I was going, Marshall said. I thought it was best for me and my family. ... Chicago is a dream come true.Henne has been with Jacksonville since 2012.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP_NFL NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Wholesale White NFL Jerseys Cheap Cheap Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '

langouba Utente esperto

CHICAGO -- The Chicago Bulls have experienced such a turnaround this season that their wins are now being rated. According to some observers, the 102-90 victory over the hapless, short-handed Milwaukee Bucks didnt rate because the expected lopsided blowout didnt materialize. The Bulls, who spent much of the first two months of the season below .500, took issue with that assessment. "Just because theyre the worst team in the league doesnt mean . nothing, really," Taj Gibson said. "Its tough because youre playing against guys fighting for their jobs, fighting for their livelihoods. Theyre going to play hard." Jimmy Butler and Kirk Hinrich had 17 points apiece to lead seven players in double figures, and the Bulls, despite some occasional lapses in the fourth quarter, cruised. Carlos Boozer and D.J. Augustin scored 14 points apiece. Gibson added 13, Mike Dunleavy 12 and Joakim Noah had 11 points and 13 rebounds. "A wins a win," Butler said. "Wins are hard to come by in this league. Every team has a roster full of NBA players; there really are no bad teams. You get a win, youre happy with that." The Bulls have won four straight and six of seven, and remained tied with the Toronto Raptors for third in the Eastern Conference. The Bulls (44-32) face Washington, a possible first-round opponent, on Saturday. "I love the balance of the team," Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau said. "We had seven guys in double figures again. The shot distribution was pretty even, and thats important for us. "I like the balance of our team. Each night it could be someone different." Brandon Knight had 22 points before fouling out with just over two minutes left for Milwaukee. Jeff Adrien added 21 points for the Bucks, who have dropped four straight overall and 12 straight on the road to fall to 14-62 overall. Milwaukee entered the game with just eight healthy players because of injuries and coach Larry Drew decided to play just seven of those until the final 22 seconds of the game. "I thought we did a good job fighting back in the second half," Knight said. "Playing hard. Not backing down. "Theyre a great team playing great basketball right now. Theyre a very solid defensive team. Theyre physical. Theyre everything youd want in a team." The Bulls lead was 27-15 after the first quarter and 51-35 at halftime. The Bucks rallied at the start of the second half and pulled within 63-53 midway through the third quarter. But they werent able to trim the deficit to single digits and the Bulls built their advantage back up to 82-62 entering the fourth quarter. The game appeared over, but the Bulls created some suspense by managing to score just three points in the first six minutes of the period to let Milwaukee pull within 85-77. Hinrich finally broke the drought when he hit a 3-pointer with 5:59 left to make it 88-77. "You have to give them credit," Thibodeau said. "I thought they played hard throughout the game. They never went away. Even when we got up 20, they kept battling back. "I think Larrys done a good job keeping them together. Theyve been hit with a lot of things, but theyre still together." NOTES: The Bulls waived rookie Erik Murphy on Thursday and there have been multiple reports saying they are interested in signing a veteran, possibly former Bull Ronnie Brewer. Murphy had been with the team all season, but only played a total of 62 minutes in 24 games. "It was done more so for roster flexibility," Thibodeau said. "I thought he did a great job for us, and I thought he had gotten significantly better." . Bucks C Larry Sanders, currently out with an injury, was suspended for five game on Friday for violating the NBA drug policy. Sanders said in a statement released by the team that he was penalized for using marijuana. "I think the most important thing is that he learns from his mistakes," Drew said. "Hopefully, he can put them behind him, get on the right track and stay on the right track." Fernando Llorente Jersey . - Josh Sterk scored twice to lead the Oshawa Generals to a 7-1 rout of the Ottawa 67s in Mondays Ontario Hockey League action. Kyle Walker Jersey .com) - The disappointing Ottawa Senators hope to record consecutive wins for the first time since early November, as they visit the Boston Bruins on Friday for the opener of a home-and-home series. http://www.hotspurfcproshop.com/ben-dav ... ey-uk/.com) - Joique Bells touchdown run in the fourth quarter gave the Detroit Lions a 20-14 victory over the Chicago Bears on Sunday. Pau Lopez Jersey . Behind the talents of rookie Johnny Gaudreau, the Flames will look to keep pace Thursday night when they face the Minnesota Wild in the second of a six-game homestand. Victor Wanyama Jersey .S. Olympic hockey management team have been making what he called "ghost rosters" since August.BUFFALO, N.Y. -- When the Toronto Blue Jays sent Sergio Santos to the minor leagues, general manager Alex Anthopoulos said he wanted the reliever to pitch some innings and "get back on track." Santos is definitely back on track. In 6 2/3 innings over seven appearances since being assigned to triple-A Buffalo, the right-hander has given up just one hit and no runs. "I feel like Im in a good place," Santos said Tuesday night after recording two outs to pick up a save. "I feel a lot better attacking the zone with my fastball, and the command of my fastball has been a little bit better. Im not kind of missing over the plate, I feel like Im getting thirds, whether its the inner or outer half." Satisfied with his performance with the Bisons, Santos has been left to wonder why the Blue Jays havent called him back up to the majors or given him any indication on when they might. "I havent had any communication with them, which has been a little frustrating at times because I feel like Ive ironed some of the things out that I needed to iron out and Im just waiting for that opportunity to go back out there and hopefully do what Im doing here," Santos said. In Santoss place, the Blue Jays have blue-chip prospect Aaron Sanchez, who is one of five right-handers in the bullpen along with closer Casey Janssen, Chad Jenkins, Todd Redmond and Dustin McGowan. The Blue Jays designated Santos for assignment on July 21, and once the 31-year-old cleared waivers he went to Buffalo. Anthopoulos said Santos hadnt pitched well but still possessed dominant stuff that needed to be refined with some more work than he was getting. "We hope this is a quick move, get some innings, get hot and come back because we certainly could use the help," Anthopoulos said at the time.dddddddddddd Anthopoulos and manager John Gibbons pointed to Santoss fastball command as something that needed to improve. Even with 17 walks in 19 major-league innings this season, Santos felt like he handed out more good ones than bad ones but also cut down on free passes since being sent to the minors. "The command, I think for me, was I felt like my fastballs were just catching a little too much of the plate," he said. "I feel like Ive kind of figured that out a little bit." Santos has a 7.78 earned-run average in 24 appearances for the Blue Jays this season after putting up a 1.75 ERA in 2013. As management pointed out, he struggled with an inconsistent workload. "Its just the consistency of throwing," Santos said. "I was (up) there, didnt throw for 10 days, threw three pitches, waited another week and then threw a third of an inning. Its just really hard to get in a groove, get in a rhythm when youre throwing so sporadically." Still, Santos was taken aback by the decision to designate him for assignment because he thought he "threw a lot better than the numbers say." The numbers in Buffalo tell the story of a reliever with plenty of confidence: nine strikeouts and four walks with a couple of saves for his trouble. "It (was) just a matter of getting back and knowing what Im capable of, knowing what I can do and just a matter of going out and proving it," Santos said. Note -- On Wednesday the Blue Jays claimed left-handed reliever Colt Hynes off waivers from the Los Angeles Dodgers and announced he will report to Buffalo. NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Wholesale White NFL Jerseys Cheap Cheap Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '

Messaggio lunedì 4 giugno 2018, 9:04
langouba Utente esperto

SAN ANTONIO -- Tiago Splitter and the Spurs got out to a fast start, then hung on for a bumpier second half against the disorganized Los Angeles Clippers. Splitter had a season-high 22 points before he was hurt, Tim Duncan added 19 points and 11 rebounds, and San Antonio beat Los Angeles 116-92 Saturday night in their first game without injured All-Star Chris Paul. Tony Parker had 17 points, Manu Ginobili added 15 points and Kawhi Leonard had 10 points for San Antonio (26-8). Splitter left with 9:37 remaining, injuring his right shoulder after charging into Ryan Hollins chest. Jamal Crawford scored 24 points, Blake Griffin had 19 points and Darren Collison added 14 points and six assists starting in place of Paul, who separated his right shoulder Friday night against the Dallas Mavericks. Los Angeles gave up 70 points in the first half for the second consecutive night, but rallying proved tougher to do against a 35-point lead than the three-point deficit they faced against Dallas. "Its easier to do it once you play so bad the game before because you know the mistakes you made," Ginobili said. "We were really sharp from the beginning; our first half was great. Then we kind of stopped a little bit, but the first half was fun to watch. Everybody sharing the ball, attacking, being quick, rotations real sharp, really good first half." While the Clippers understandably stalled without their leader, who is expected to be out three to five weeks, the rest of their game disappeared, too. "No one has to replace Chris anything," Griffin said. "Not his voice, not his game, nothing. Everybody does things differently. We dont have any other guys that talk like Chris. Itll work just fine. In the second half we were communicating with each other. Thats all we needed. We didnt need anyone to talk like Chris. That would be our biggest mistake, is to try to replace him with someone or something." Los Angeles had just one rebound in the first quarter while allowing San Antonio to score a season-high 37 points. "In the first half we looked more AAU," Clippers coach Doc Rivers said. "The ball stuck. I bet half the time it was one pass, shot; one pass, shot." After Collisons jumper with 2:20 left in the first, Los Angeles didnt score again until Matt Barnes layup with 9:40 left in the half. San Antonio extended its lead to 70-35 at the half, its season high for point in an opening half. NOTES: Spurs F Boris Diaw missed the game with an undisclosed illness. . The Clippers Stephen Jackson received a mixed reaction upon entering the game in the final 2 minutes. Jackson was waived late last season after reportedly butting heads with Spurs coach Gregg Popovich. . The Spurs public address announcer mistakenly screamed "Manu Ginobili" in the opening minute of game, crediting him with an assist on Tiago Splitters basket even though the guard had yet to enter. The assist actually belonged to Marco Belinelli, Ginobilis friend and former Euroleague teammate. . When the shot clock resent incorrectly late in the third quarter, Rivers asked if they could start over. After official Monty McCutchen said they would reset it, Rivers said, "No, can we start the game over?" Adam Jones Jersey . And theyre pointing to the NHLs biggest market: Toronto. With Gretzky paid out for what is believed to be $7 to 8 million, Gretzky may be eager to get back into the NHL and TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger reports that the Maple Leafs are very much interested in The Great Ones services. Shawn Williams Jersey . "It was a little weird looking over and seeing all the green uniforms," he said of his first game against the Boston Celtics. http://www.bengalsauthenticproshop.com/ ... ls-Jersey/. This time, it was Eric Chavezs turn. Stuck in a rut since coming off the disabled list, Chavez hit the first pitch he saw in the ninth inning for a run-scoring single, sending the Diamondbacks to another walk-off victory, 4-3 over the San Francisco Giants on Saturday night. Tyler Eifert Jersey .Y. - For once, Clayton Kershaw was glad to see a long shutout streak end. Clint Boling Jersey . Curtis Davies and Robert Koren secured the victory with goals inside 35 minutes of the fifth-round replay against the second-tier side.WICHITA, Kan. -- Wichita State forward Chadrack Lufile has almost grown bored with the Shockers winning streak. Honest. "I mean, at 5-0, we were talking about it," he said of the school-record start to the season, "but at this point of the season, we are just worried about these games. Were not comfortable at all. We know we can get better, and we know theres doubters." Fred VanVleet scored a season-high 22 points and No. 8 Wichita State beat Northern Iowa 67-53 on Sunday as the unbeaten Shockers extended their winning streak to 15 games. Cleanthony Early had 18 points for the Shockers (15-0, 2-0 Missouri Valley), who established a school record for consecutive wins and extended the best start in school history. The previous record winning streak of 14 games came in 1953-54. Deon Mitchell had 16 points for Northern Iowa (7-7, 1-1). Wichita State shot 38.1 per cent from the field, but VanVleet continued his hot streak. In the last four games, he averaged 18.3 points while compiling 21 assists and just one turnover. "Thats as good of point guard play as Ive seen in a long time, at any level," Shockers coach Gregg Marshall said. Northern Iowa bolted to a 12-2 lead in the first 4 minutes, making three of four 3-point attempts. But the Panthers were 2 of 20 from beyond the arc after that. "We found guys open, and those are shots were going to shoot," Northern Iowa coach Ben Jacobson said. "We will keep shooting them." Early scored 11 of Wichita States first 13 points in the second half. His third 3-pointer in a 5-minute span gave the Shockers a 43-33 lead with 14:05 remaining. "We gave him too much space over 40 minutes,," Jacobson said.dddddddddddd Northern Iowa rallied by taking the ball to the basket. Drives by Marvin Singleton and Mitchell were followed by Wes Washpuns two free throws that cut Wichita States lead to 43-39 with 12:17 to play. VanVleet sparked the next significant spurt for Wichita State. He made a jumper with 8:11 remaining and then dribbled past two Panthers and slithered between two more for a winding layup to go up 57-44 with 6:28 remaining, the biggest lead of the game to that point. Fittingly, it was VanVleet who sealed the victory. With the shot clock winding down, he bulled through the Northern Iowa defence and hit a 12-footer while being fouled with 2:28 remaining. The three-point play made it 64-47. Just 33 seconds later, VanVleet was in transition when he lofted a left-handed layup over two Panthers while being fouled. That three-point play pushed the Shockers lead to 67-47 as the crowd gave him a standing ovation. "I just have to pick my spots," VanVleet said. "I think teams respect that I like to find guys and will find guys. So that can open up lanes to drive." Jacobson was irked at not giving the Shockers a better run despite holding them to poor shooting and staying nearly even on rebounds. Wichita State finished with a 43-40 rebound advantage. "For anyone to beat them, they are going to have to have that kind of day," Jacobson said. "But you have to have better offence than we had." The Panthers shot 33.9 per cent (19 of 56) for the game. "I felt like we got back to our defensive identity," VanVleet said. "To go deep and win championships, you have to rely on defence." NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Wholesale White NFL Jerseys Cheap Cheap Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '

Torna a Benvenuti !