Indice Area Generale Benvenuti ! Woods had two top 10s in the majors

Woods had two top 10s in the majors

I nuovi utenti possono presentarsi alla nostra community, facendo nuove amicizie e condividendo la propria passione!

Moderatore: Moderatori

Messaggio sabato 2 giugno 2018, 9:22
langouba Utente esperto

(SportsNetwork.com) - Home ice hasnt been much of an advantage for the Toronto Maple Leafs in recent meetings with the New York Rangers, but the Leafs hope to reverse that trend when they host their Original Six rivals on Saturday. Although Toronto has won the last two encounters with the Blueshirts, including a 6-3 win in New York on Oct. 12, the Rangers have claimed five of the past six battles at Air Canada Centre. The Maple Leafs are only 3-4-0 as the host this season, but will be glad to be home after going 0-1-1 on a recent two-game swing trip to Arizona and Colorado. Toronto was dealt a 3-2 setback by the Coyotes on Tuesday before dropping a 4-3 shootout decision Thursday against the Avalanche. Alex Tanguay scored the deciding marker in the third round of the shootout to defeat the Leafs. Toronto did well to earn a point, however, as Richard Paniks game-tying goal with 1:16 left in regulation pushed the game to overtime. Tyler Bozak and Phil Kessel also scored goals for the Maple Leafs, who hope to avoid their first three-game skid since closing 2013-14 with four straight regulation losses. Kessel, who leads the Leafs with 18 points this season, had a goal and two assists in Torontos rout of the Rangers last month. The American winger has eight goals and 11 assists over 28 career games against New York. Jonathan Bernier suffered the loss against Colorado despite making 31 stops. It was a great effort tonight to get a point. We played really well in overtime, said Bernier. Toronto could use both Bernier and James Reimer in net this weekend. The Leafs also are in action Sunday in Ottawa. There was a scary moment in Thursdays tilt as Leafs forward Daniel Winnik was taken off the ice on a stretcher. Winnik absorbed a hit from Avs defenseman Jan Hejda and smacked the back of his head on the ice as the two players were tangled up. Winnik was not taken to a hospital and he could play in tonights game. Defenseman Jake Gardiner also left the game with a lower-body injury and is questionable for tonight. New York, meanwhile, will welcome Derek Stepan to the ice on Saturday, as the clubs top centerman expects to make his season debut. Stepan has missed the first 12 games of the season while recovering from a fractured fibula suffered during practice in late September. In 82 games last season, Stepan scored 17 goals and set career highs with 40 assists and 57 points. The 24-year-old pivot has registered a point in nine of his 14 career games against Toronto, posting two goals and nine assists. Rangers defenseman Dan Boyle also skated with the team Friday and could return next week after recovering from a broken hand he suffered in the season opener against St. Louis. Boyle, who signed as a free agent in July, was hurt while blocking a shot against the Blues. Like Toronto, the Blueshirts are also playing on both Saturday and Sunday, meaning backup Cam Talbot will start over Henrik Lundqvist tonight. Talbot has seen action in three games this season and made his second start of 2014-15 in Mondays shootout loss to St. Louis. Lundqvist will start Sundays game against Edmonton. Talbot relieved Lundqvist in this seasons earlier meeting versus the Leafs. New Yorks No. 1 netminder took the loss on Oct. 12 after yielding all six goals on just 24 shots. Talbot is 2-0 with a 0.80 GAA in his three games (two starts) against the Leafs. Lundqvist helped his club halt a two-game slide Wednesday against Detroit. Lundqvist made 25 saves in the 4-3 overtime win and Derick Brassard delivered the game-winning goal to help the Rangers close a four-game homestand with a 2-0-2 record. After Pavel Datsyuk went off for tripping, New Yorks Dan Girardi unleashed a blast from the point. Jonas Gustavsson made the initial save, but the rebound trickled across the crease to Brassard, who was present at the right side of the net to wrist it home for the win. We knew from the beginning we were facing a pretty good team playing some good hockey, but we found a way, said Brassard. We made some hockey plays there and it is what it is. In overtime, we had the chance to get it done. Martin St. Louis and Brassard finished with a goal and an assist apiece and Rick Nash and Lee Stempniak both scored for the Rangers. Nash has 10 goals this season, leaving him one shy of Anaheims Corey Perry for the league lead. The Brampton, Ontario native has notched five goals and six assists in 15 career games against Toronto. The Rangers, who are 2-2-0 as the guest this season, are on the road for one game before playing their next three at Madison Square Garden. Wayne Rooney Jersey . Jones took a beating, the worst one of his record reign, in a bout against Alexander Gustafsson that knocked the light heavyweight champion on the canvas for the first time in his career and put his belt in jeopardy. Danny Rose England Jersey . -- The NFL cancelled its Hall of Fame game between St. http://www.soccerenglandfansshop.com/Ki ... RO-Jersey/. With the results, North America claimed 2.5 of the three available points, opening up a 17.5-12.5 lead in the overall standings. A total of 60 points are available, meaning the first team to 30.5 points will win the Continental Cup. Wayne Rooney England Jersey . “The shootout, theres nothing wrong with it, I think its an exciting part of the game but its just one small aspect,” said Chicago Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman. “Its a skill exhibition. If you can get it back closer to regular hockey and have it decided that way; that would be my preference.” “I dont think its a knock on the shootout, I think more of the managers would like to see it end in overtime,” added Washington Capitals GM George McPhee. Harry Kane England Jersey . His chance at winning a Stanley Cup in Philadelphia is over. Same with Jeff Carter. And Brian Boucher. Throw in Ville Leino and Dan Carcillo.KAPALUA, Hawaii -- Masters champion Adam Scott narrowly beat out Tiger Woods as the male player of the year in voting by the Golf Writers Association of America. The GWAA takes into account more than just a players performance on the PGA Tour. Scott won four times around the world, none bigger than his playoff victory at Augusta National to become the first Australian in a green jacket. He also won a FedEx Cup playoff event and twice in Australia, and he joined Jason Day to win the portion of the World Cup for Australia at Royal Melbourne. Out of 218 ballots, Scott won by five votes. "It is an honour to be recognized as the most consistent male golfer of 2013 and it is appreciated to have the respect of the Golf Writers of America. Thank you," Scott said from Kapalua, where he is playing in the Hyundai Tournament of Champions. Woods won five times on the PGA Tour, including The Players Championship and two World Golf Championships, though he went a fifth straight year without winning a major. Woods also won the PGA Tour money title and the Vardon Trophy for the lowest scoring average. Woods won player of the year from the PGA Tour (a vote of players) and PGA of America (based on points). Those awards consider only a players PGA Tour record. The PGA Tour does not disclose vote totals. The other GWAA awards were landslides. Inbee Park, who had three straight majors among her six victories on the LPGA Tour, received 91 per cent of the vote to win female player of the year. Womens British Open champion Stacy Lewis and Evian Championship winner Suzann Pettersen received the other votes. Kenny Perry, who won two majors on the Champions Tour and captured the Schwab Cup, also had 91 per cent of the vote for senior player of the year over Bernhard Langer and David Frost. "It is my highest honour, from the players or tthe writers, to be named player of the year," Perry said.dddddddddddd "Here I am at 53 doing stuff I probably shouldnt be doing, so Im honoured that the writers are paying attention to me." They will be honoured April 9 at the annual GWAA Awards Dinner in Augusta, Ga. Scott received 75 votes, or 34 per cent of the vote, compared with 70 votes for Woods. In a season that had so many players accomplish so much, Phil Mickelson received 17 per cent, while Henrik Stenson got 16 per cent. Mickelson won the British Open for the third leg of the Grand Slam, along with the Phoenix Open and the Scottish Open. Stenson became the first player to win the FedEx Cup and the Race to Dubai in the same season. Scott played 20 times around the world. Along with his four wins, he had the lead briefly on the back nine of the British Open, where he tied for third, and he tied for fifth in the PGA Championship. Woods had two top 10s in the majors, a tie for fourth at the Masters and a tie for sixth in the British Open. Park rose to No. 1 in the womens world ranking shortly after winning the Kraft Nabisco Championship. She won the LPGA Championship, and then made it three straight majors at the U.S. Womens Open. She failed in her bid to become the first player to win four majors in one season, but still led womens golf with six victories and captured the LPGA Tour money title for the second straight year. "Last year was a year that I could never forget," Park said. "I was able to put my name among the greatest players around the world. Now, on top of that, I am being recognized and honoured by golf writers. They are those who know what has just happened last year in every detail. I can almost say that they know me better than I know myself. Thats why this honour is very special and means a lot to me." Nike NFL Jerseys China Wholesale NFL T-shirts Cheap Jerseys 2019 China NFL Hoodies Cheap NFL Hoodies China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China ' ' '

Messaggio sabato 2 giugno 2018, 9:24
langouba Utente esperto

Englewood, CO - Denver Broncos tight end Julius Thomas was listed as a non-participant in practice for a third straight day on Friday, leaving his status uncertain for this weekends game against the Miami Dolphins. Thomas, the NFLs leader with 12 touchdown catches this season, did take part in a few individual drills during Fridays session, according to the Broncos website. The team officially declared the 2013 Pro Bowl selection questionable for Sundays contest. Thomas sprained his left ankle in the first quarter of last weeks 22-7 loss at St. Louis and did not return to the game. The news was considerably better in regards to wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders, who returned to the practice field Friday and is probable to play against the Dolphins. Sanders was forced out of the St. Louis game in the third quarter after sustaining a concussion on a vicious hit from Rams safety Rodney McLeod. The offseason acquisition was cleared by a neurologist on Thursday night, however. Prior to departing last weeks tilt, Sanders recorded five catches for 102 yards and a touchdown for his third 100-yard effort in Denvers past four games. The Broncos will definitely be without running backs Ronnie Hillman and Montee Ball for Sundays matchup, with both players ruled out. Hillman will miss a second straight week with a sprained foot, while Ball aggravated a groin injury against the Rams. It was his first action since Week 5. Backup tight end Virgil Green is considered questionable with a calf injury, but was a limited practice participant throughout the week. Eric Thames Jersey . This is the final meeting of the season between these teams.? The Capitals were 5-4 winners in a shootout Oct. Ryan Braun Jersey . PETERSBURG, Fla. http://www.baseballbrewersofficial.com/ ... rsey-c-17/. Mark Van Guilder, Austin Watson and Colton Sissons also scored for the Admirals (22-13-10), who are 2-0-2 in their last four outings, while Roussel tacked on an assist for a two-point night. Greg Pateryn scored once for the Bulldogs (20-22-4), who lost their fifth straight contest, and also assisted on Gabriel Dumonts goal. Neftali Feliz Jersey . With the team he supported as a child on the verge of reaching the Champions League semifinals for the first time in 19 years, Ba instead scored the goal that knocked them out. Matt Garza Jersey .J. -- Patrick Sharp is on one of those streaks.Lance Armstrong claims former International Cycling Union president Hein Verbruggen instigated a coverup of his doping at the 1999 Tour de France. Armstrong told Britains Daily Mail newspaper in an interview published Monday that Verbruggen insisted "weve got to come up with something" to explain his positive tests for a banned corticosteroid. Cyclings governing body, the UCI, appeared to ignore its own anti-doping rules when it accepted Armstrongs backdated prescription for a cream to treat saddle sores. That allowed Armstrong to continue in the race and he went on to win the first of his seven Tours, helping revive the sport after doping scandals wrecked the 1998 Tour. "The real problem was, the sport was on life support," Armstrong was quoted telling the newspaper. "And Hein just said, This is a real problem for me, this is the knockout punch for our sport ... so weve got to come up with something. So we backdated the prescription." Though Armstrong has acknowledged the prescription excuse in a television interview with Oprah Winfrey, he had not previously linked Verbruggen or other UCI officials with a coverup. Verbruggen, who served as UCI president until 2005, did not respond to phone messages on Monday. The Dutch official, who is still listed by the UCI as its honorary president, has long denied any collusion with Armstrong despite widespread claims the American rider was protected. Verbruggen was granted honorary membership by the IOC in 2008 after 12 years service, and will complete his duties as chairman of the Olympic Broadcasting Service after the Sochi Winter Games in February. The IOC responded cautiously to Armstrongs allegations. "It is hard to give any credibility to the claims of a cyclist who appears to have misled the world for decades," the Olympic body said in a statement Monday.dddddddddddd. "That said, the UCI is currently working on plans to investigate the matter more thoroughly and we await proper considered outcomes from this investigation rather than on rumour and accusation." Armstrong spoke out while the UCI is in the process of creating an independent commission that will examine alleged official collusion, and he is expected to be the star witness. Armstrong, who is seeking a reduction in his lifetime ban, told the Daily Mail that he would reveal details of how the UCI operated. "I have no loyalty toward them," he said. "In the proper forum Ill tell everyone what they want to know. Im not going to lie to protect these guys. I hate them. They threw me under the bus." In October 2012, the UCI decided not to challenge a U.S. Anti-Doping Agency verdict to strip Armstrong of his Tour titles and ban him for life. Verbruggens successor, Pat McQuaid, said the disgraced rider deserved to be forgotten by the sport. The UCI has been led since September by British official Brian Cookson, who defeated McQuaid in a presidential election where the Armstrong case and cyclings doping past were central issues. In a statement Monday, the UCI said its commission would "invite individuals to provide evidence." "We would urge all those involved to come forward and help the Commission in its work in the best interests of the sport of cycling," the governing body said. "This investigation is essential to the well-being of cycling in fully understanding the doping culture of the past, the role of the UCI at that time and helping us all to move forward to a clean and healthy future." Nike NFL Jerseys China Wholesale NFL T-shirts Cheap Jerseys 2019 China NFL Hoodies Cheap NFL Hoodies China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China ' ' '

Torna a Benvenuti !