Indice Area Generale Benvenuti ! point would have included Cowen and

point would have included Cowen and

I nuovi utenti possono presentarsi alla nostra community, facendo nuove amicizie e condividendo la propria passione!

Moderatore: Moderatori

Messaggio martedì 29 maggio 2018, 10:14
langouba Utente esperto

ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Dallas Keuchel got plenty of sleep, did extra cardio work and stayed constantly hydrated over the last few days to prepare for his start on a scorching afternoon. After all that work, not even the majors most productive offence could keep Keuchel from a dominant victory for the Houston Astros. Keuchel took a no-hit bid into the seventh inning, and the Astros ended the Los Angeles Angels 10-game winning streak with a 6-1 victory Sunday. Keuchel (11-9) faced the minimum 21 batters from the major league-leading Angels through seven innings on a rare 100-degree day at the Big A, overpowering a lineup that has scored a big league-best 728 runs. "I did the necessary precautions during the week to get myself ready for a day like this," Keuchel said. "I knew it was going to be hot, (so) I was just trying to take care of my body, and getting a bunch of rest and staying hydrated. Thats all you can do, and then hope to do your job well." The left-hander yielded three late hits, giving up David Freeses RBI single in the eighth on his 114th and final pitch. Mike Trouts one-out single in the seventh was the first hit for the Angels, who fell one victory short of matching the longest winning streak in franchise history, set during the clubs fourth season in 1964. Los Angeles (93-56) is cruising toward its first AL West title since 2009. The Angels scored 86 runs during their winning streak while running away with the division lead, but their hot run ended on a stifling day in Orange County. "Weve been swinging the bat great, and today we were having great at-bats," Trout said. "But sometimes youre going to run into a guy thats throwing strikes and keeping us off-balance." Keuchel, who fell one out shy of a shutout at Anaheim in May, is a consummate ground-ball pitcher who has emerged as one of the ALs best left-handers in his third big league season. Throwing strikes and forcing repeated groundouts, he retired the first 15 Angels before Chris Iannetta drew a full-count walk leading off the sixth. "Hes a competitor," Houston interim manager Tom Lawless said. "Hes not giving in. He can get behind in the count, but when his sinker is going ... he can shut them down, changing speeds and moving the ball around." Gregorio Petit hit a three-run homer, Robbie Grossman added a two-run single and Jake Marisnick had three hits for the Astros, who have won nine of 13. Hector Santiago (5-8) couldnt get an out in the third inning of his first loss in 13 starts and three relief appearances since June 15. Los Angeles lost for the first time since Sept. 4, also against Houston. The Angels magic number for clinching the AL West stayed at four with Oaklands win at Seattle. Santiago gave up five hits and five walks, including just the second homer of Petits 51-game career into the bullpen in left. "It was actually a pretty good pitch," Santiago said. "I went back and watched it, and it was down and in. But it was a 3-1 count, and I had to throw a fastball for a strike. He was probably cheating, and he got it." DROPPING IN Lawless hated to see Keuchels no-hit bid end on Trouts hit: "Just a broken-bat, lazy blooper that found the Bermuda Triangle out there," he said. ASTRONAUT WOLOWITZ Actor Simon Helberg from CBS "The Big Bang Theory" filmed a scene for an upcoming episode of televisions top-rated sitcom on the Angel Stadium field before the game. The joke involved a working model of the Mars Rover attempting to throw out the first pitch. TRAINERS ROOM Astros: RHP Brad Peacock has been scratched from Mondays game against Cleveland with back soreness. Angels: Josh Hamilton still hasnt played since Sept. 4, but the cleanup hitter feels improvement in his injured shoulder. UP NEXT: Astros: Collin McHugh (9-9, 2.79) will move up one day to start in Peacocks place at home. Angels: Matt Shoemaker (15-4, 3.16) looks to extend his franchise rookie record for victories. Brad Wing Jersey . Pistorius denied the allegation that he said to the close friend of the girlfriend he killed: "How can you sleep at night?" The accusation by Kim Myers provided a bizarre twist during the trial of the world-famous double-amputee Olympian, who is facing 25 years to life in prison if convicted of premeditated murder for shooting dead Steenkamp, a 29-year-old model, at his home last year. Eli Apple Jersey .com) - The game was all punts and field goals before Kodi Whitfields catch. http://www.giantsauthenticshop.com/Yout ... ts-Jersey/. Espanyol midfielder Sanchez intercepted Bilbao goalkeeper Gorka Iraizozs clearance and, having spotted a gap, risked using his less-favoured left foot to fire a beautifully precise long-range shot that bounced in from high up the near post in the 24th minute. Sterling Shepard Jersey . -- Jimmie Johnson has a sixth NASCAR championship in hand and two legends within reach. Damon Harrison Jersey .Do you have to be that close? Federer snapped at a TV cameraman hovering nearby as he received medical advice after losing a set on Wednesday.For Nadal and Sharapova, the nuisance was coming from the lowly-ranked qualifiers across the net.Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn.ca. Hi Kerry, I looked for a comment online from you on the Nazem Kadri hit on Cody Ceci on Saturday night from the Sens/Leafs game, but didnt find one! I have always respected your on-ice decision skills, so I would like your opinion regarding this hit. Was this a case of the player turning his back when he was going to be hit or did Kadri hit a player in a vulnerable position? Thanks,Randy Eades Hi Randy: I did post a late comment @kfraserthecall on Twitter that you must have missed. Sorry it was late but I was engaged in Twitter combat (and being duly vilified) by Canadiens fans over the Brendan Gallagher episode against the Jets! With regard to your question, Cody Ceci was positioned facing the end boards in order to retrieve the puck after it was turned back from the corner by teammate Jared Cowen and as he was being pressured on the forecheck by Nikolai Kulemin of the Leafs. Ceci didnt intentionally turn his body at the last second to set himself up for a hit by Nazem Kadri. That had no bearing on why a penalty call did not result. Instead, Ceci was facing square to the end boards waiting for the puck to arrive on his stick just as Kadri angled from the front of the net and delivered a body check that should have resulted in a boarding minor penalty. The initial point of contact delivered by Kadri was to the left hip of Ceci and not on the numbers. The finishing upward push exerted by Nazem Kadri caused the Ottawa player to tumble forward into the boards. Let me explain for Senators coach Paul McLean and the Ottawa fans why the call was missed by the referees. When you re-examine the video clossely, you will see that referee Paul Devorski, working past his 1,500th game, pivoted out from the corner toward the end faceoff circle in order to vacate the space that Jared Cowen and Nikolai Kulemin would occupy in pursuit of the puck.dddddddddddd The referee then rotated his body 360 degrees in a drift back below the goal line but retained visual focus on both Cowen and Kulemin with a fixed glance over his shoulder well after Cowen dished the puck back toward Ceci. It is clearly evident from the footage that referee Devorski did not turn his head and visual focus toward the action near the net until after Kadri had delivered the illegal hit on Ceci. All the referee witnessed at this point was Ceci down on the ice and Kadri in possession of the puck just prior to a tape-to-tape pass out front to Joffrey Lupul for the Leafs goal. I am positive that referee Devorski would have deemed the hit by Kadri to be worthy of a boarding minor infraction if he had been focused on and witnessed the contact. Since the hit happened directly behind the net the back referee would have at best, an obstructed view if he was looking in that direction. His primary responsibility and area of coverage however was on the action away from the puck; which at that point would have included Cowen and Kulemin in the corner. While we do not see the back referee in the footage, it is conceivable that both refs failed to transition their area of focus once the puck was thrown back behind the net by Cowen. If that were the case, both refs maintained visual focus on the two players in the corner and did not observe the Kadri boarding on Ceci. I hate to be bearer of bad news coach Paul, but that is how the boarding penalty to Kadri was missed and resulted in the Leafs goal that tied the game at two! Wholesale NFL T-shirts China NFL Gear Cheap Jerseys 2020 Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys Cheap NFL Black Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '

Torna a Benvenuti !