Indice Area Generale Benvenuti ! the right-hander will make a couple of

the right-hander will make a couple of

I nuovi utenti possono presentarsi alla nostra community, facendo nuove amicizie e condividendo la propria passione!

Moderatore: Moderatori

Messaggio martedì 29 maggio 2018, 10:06
langouba Utente esperto

(SportsNetwork.com) - Isaac Newton declared for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. That wasnt more evident when the NCAA took Penn State University to the woodshed with heavy sanctions in July 2012, stemming from the Jerry Sandusky child sex abuse scandal. The general consensus from those who bleed blue and white was outrage, and that the penalties handed down from NCAA president Mark Emmert were superfluous. Why did the football team have to suffer for the abominable actions of a convicted child molester? As a Penn State graduate and enthusiast, thats a question I asked myself while strolling the beach in Ocean City, Maryland, on a typical gorgeous July morning behind the high-rise hotels. A text message from one of my two older sisters sent my relaxed, high-spirited demeanor into a tailspin. Emmert slammed his gavel to the tune of a four-year postseason ban, which was lifted this season, reduced scholarships, a hefty $60 million fine and players having permission to transfer elsewhere without penalty for one year. Illinois set up camp in Happy Valley and tried to recruit players as if they were enlisting in one of the armed services. Only nine players left. It seems the university accepted the sanctions without hesitation and opted to fire legendary coach Joe Paterno via a telephone call. Makes sense. The man dedicated his life and some of his earnings to the school, so lets show some class by moving him along with a phone call. Why not send an e-mail, a text message or use skywriting? This past November, the NCAA released internal e-mails written in 2012 that show it was questioning its right to sanction PSU. With jurisdiction or not, the NCAA overstepped its boundaries and now looks foolish. Paterno was deemed as an enabler to Sandusky for allowing the monster on campus and taking advantage of innocent lives through his underprivileged youth organization known as The Second Mile. We all know the story. Sandusky took miles to horrify children and deserves to rot in his cell, but the discipline levied by the NCAA was too harsh. Yes, I am obviously a staunch supporter of Penn State, but I can separate my feelings for the school with reality. Did Paterno do enough to stop his former defensive coordinator from his lewd acts? No, he didnt because mentioning it to his superiors doesnt suffice in this day and age. Paterno, who was criticized for missing or ignoring signs of Sanduskys behavior, ran University Park and pretty much still does. He would have been more of a hero had he cut ties with Sandusky. Im not trying to open old wounds that may have slightly healed. I feel the NCAA is trying to backtrack with a recent report it will eliminate the sanctions entirely and restore Paternos 111 vacated wins. Taking away wins was utterly embarrassing for the NCAA. How are you going to tell Michael Robinson and the rest of the Nittany Lions they didnt beat Bobby Bowden and the Florida State Seminoles in the Orange Bowl? How can the NCAA tell the Paterno family, which is still pushing for a lawsuit, the 409 wins are no more? Paterno, who passed away after a bout with lung cancer shortly after his dismissal, compiled more wins than any other Division I football coach. What Sandusky did was awful. Terrible. Disgusting. But it didnt give Penn State an advantage athletically. There are other schools in the country with student-athletes who cheat in class, trade items for other goods, do drugs or run into the wrong arm of the law, and receive lesser sanctions. Well, apparently the NCAA feels it was too harsh on Penn State and it was reported by the Philadelphia Inquirer it may wipe out the sanctions. Former FBI director Louis Freeh led the investigation, saying top Penn State officials conspired to keep the abuse allegations under lock and key. The NCAA seems to have opened its proverbial, and seemingly blind, eyes with the latest news of replenishment. I couldnt be more happy for the university, the players, the students and alumni. Bill OBrien couldnt have done a better job in his short tenure as Paternos successor and knew what he was walking into. He was Penn States Moses to the Israelites before taking an NFL gig with the Houston Texans. You cant blame him for that. A statue in OBriens likeness is deserved. Paterno had a statue once. True story. It was located alongside Beaver Stadium, which should be called Paterno Field when all is said and done. Perhaps one day the bronze version of Paterno will reappear alongside a stadium that holds more than 100,000 fans. Penn State coach James Franklin runs the show now in Happy Valley and maybe one day he will be immortalized by the creative hands of a sculptor. I may be going overboard here with the icons. Franklin, though, has the Nittany Lions headed in the right direction and is living up to the recruiting moniker Dominate The State. Franklin guided the Nittany Lions to a Pin Stripe Bowl win over Boston College a few weeks ago. Its been awhile since Penn State dominated college football, but it feels even longer with what happened there a few years ago. If this recent report of the NCAA realizing its mistake is true, Penn State can breathe more life into the program and restore its pristine reputation. Joe Staley Jersey . Less than 24 hours later, in the same arena, he tried to recreate the magic of his all-time favourite player. Hilliard scored a career-high 26 points and No. Ray-Ray Armstrong Jersey .com) - A chant of Zeke reverberated around AT&T Stadium before Ezekiel Elliott powered into the end zone for his fourth and final touchdown. http://www.thesf49ersshoponline.com/You ... rs-Jersey/. Grilli hasnt pitched since straining his left oblique in late April. Manager Clint Hurdle says the right-hander will make a couple of appearances in middle relief before the team determines whether to return Grilli to the back end of the bullpen. Matt Breida Jersey .Y. -- Florida Panthers captain Ed Jovanovski finally has something to show for all the pain he went through in overcoming a string of injuries that kept him sidelined for much of the past two years. C. J. Beathard Jersey . PETERSBURG, Fla.OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma City Thunder have signed guard Mustafa Shakur to a 10-day contract. Thunder general manager Sam Presti announced the signing Sunday and said Shakur was expected to be in uniform when Oklahoma City hosted the Dallas Mavericks. Shakur replaces Reggie Williams on the Thunders roster. Williams 10-day contract expired Saturday. Shakur has played in 37 NBA Development League games this sseason, most recently with the Tulsa 66ers, and has averaged 16.dddddddddddd7 points, 6.1 assists, 4.2 rebounds and 1.9 steals. He was named as the D-Leagues defensive player of the month for February. Shakur hasnt played in the NBA since appearing in 22 games for the Washington Wizards during the 2010-11 season. He spent time on the Thunders roster during the 2009-10 season but didnt appear in any games. Wholesale NFL T-shirts China NFL Gear Cheap Jerseys 2020 Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys Cheap NFL Black Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '

Torna a Benvenuti !