Indice Area Generale Benvenuti ! agree with their stance or not

agree with their stance or not

I nuovi utenti possono presentarsi alla nostra community, facendo nuove amicizie e condividendo la propria passione!

Moderatore: Moderatori

Messaggio giovedì 24 maggio 2018, 10:10
langouba Utente esperto

TORONTO -- Major League Baseballs new rule on home plate collisions is causing some confusion. Houston Astros manager Bo Porter had a telephone conversation Wednesday with Hall of Fame manager Tony La Russa, currently a special assistant to baseball commissioner Bud Selig. Porter said La Russa told him the league intends to clarify its rule on blocking the plate, and how such calls are challenged and reviewed. "My understanding is there will be a memo coming out that will bring some more clarity to it," Porter said before the Astros played the Blue Jays on Wednesday night. MLB spokesman Michael Teevan said he wasnt aware of any plans for a new memo. Porter telephoned La Russa after Astros outfielder L.J. Hoes was called out at the plate on an infield grounder in the eighth inning of Tuesdays 5-2 loss. That made him the second manager in four days to pick up the phone after a call at home plate. On Saturday, Yankees manager Joe Girardi spoke to Joe Torre, an MLB executive vice-president, over his concern there was "confusion to the rule." New Yorks Francisco Cervelli was called out trying to score against Toronto, even though Blue Jays catcher Josh Thole was straddling the plate before receiving the ball. "I believe this is going to be the toughest overall for (umpires) to get right all the time," Girardi said after Saturdays 4-0 loss to Toronto. "To me, its a vague interpretation of what blocking home plate is and I think it needs to be in writing." In January, baseball adopted a new rule on plate collisions on an experimental basis for this year. Under the rule, catchers are prevented from blocking a runners path to the plate unless they have possession of the ball. "Its a rule that was ... agreed to late, and I dont know if everything has been completely ironed out," Girardi said Sunday. Porter said he planned to speak to the umpiring crew during the exchange of lineup cards before Wednesdays game to ask for their interpretation of the rule, and the challenge process on those plays. Marcus Allen Jersey .com) - Oklahoma quarterback Trevor Knight was carted off the field in the fourth quarter of 16th-ranked Sooners 48-14 loss to No. Charles Woodson Jersey .Cowboys owner Jerry Jones seems to be leaning the fiscally responsible way.Let me put it like this: Its going to be a challenge, Jones said of re-signing both of Dallas biggest potential free agents. http://www.shoptheraidersonline.com/Eli ... ersey/.com) - Marian Gaborik scored his sixth goal in the last four games to help the Los Angeles Kings top the Arizona Coyotes, 4-2, Saturday at Staples Center. Cory James Jersey . Each day, TSN.ca provides the latest rumours, reports and speculation from around the NHL beat. Keeping The Captain? Brian Giontas agent Steve Bartlett told La Presse on Tuesday that the Montreal Canadiens want to keep their captain - an unrestricted free agent on July 1 - in the fold, while sources tell the paper that the two sides will start talks this week. Jelani Jenkins Jersey . Rudy Gay made the tying basket in regulation and a 3-pointer in overtime that gave Sacramento the lead for good, and Fredette scored a career-high 24 points to help the Kings beat the Knicks 106-101 on Wednesday night.WASHINGTON - The St. Louis Rams got a ton of draft picks. The Washington Redskins got Robert Griffin III.Neither team is exactly steamrolling through the NFL, but the deal looks better for the Rams as time goes by.The Rams (5-7) and Redskins (3-9) are getting back together Sunday, and St. Louis will have likely have Michael Brockers, Janoris Jenkins, Alec Ogletree and Greg Robinson in the starting lineup with Stedman Bailey and Zac Stacy also contributing — part of a three-year haul of players stemming from the 2012 blockbuster trade with Washington.We had a lot of holes and had a lot of work to do, St. Louis coach Jeff Fisher said. So it was an easy decision for us. ... Were building to compete in the division, and, because of the trade, we got off to a great start.Griffin will watch from the sideline, benched for the second time in two seasons and now the backup to Colt McCoy.The Redskins gambled that Griffin would solve their overlong quest for a franchise quarterback. The early returns were promising when he won the NFLs Offensive Rookie of the Year award while running a zone-read offence, but hes also suffered two major injuries and has struggled over the past two years to adjust his game.Now Griffins days in Washington appeared numbered. And the bounty given to the Rams — three first-round picks and a second-rounder — is starting to represent a lost era, highlighting the danger of pinning a franchises hopes around one player.But every team needs a find a good quarterback somehow. While St. Louis has chosen some good players with the premium draft picks, the Rams overall progress has been stunted by Sam Bradfords knee injuries.I think what you draw from (the trade) is, if you dont have a guy thats available at quarterback, thats healthy, thats durable and consistent, its going to be hard for you to win a lot of games in the NFL, no matter which way you go, Washington safety Ryan Clark said.Heres more to know about Sundays game:MOTIVATION BOWL: St. Louis doesnt look like a team that has been out of the realistic playoff picture for much of the season.Washington does.The Rams had wins over San Francisco and Denver last month. The Redskins have dropped four straight, including a 22-point drubbing by Indianapolis last week in whiich first-year coach Jay Gruden cited his players for not breaking the huddle with any sense of urgency.ddddddddddddThis is where the edge goes to the veteran coach, Fisher, for knowing how to push his players buttons.Our challenge this week is to win two in a row, Fisher said, We have not done that this year.LONG JOURNEY: Rams defensive end Chris Long had a sack last week in his first game since returning from left ankle surgery. He was an impatient patient while he was away, and Fisher joked: I brought him back just to get him off my rear end.Asked how he stayed sane during rehab, Long said: I didnt. It didnt work. I went crazy, so there was nothing I could find really to keep me happy.COLT COMFORT: McCoy couldnt be much of a leader when he was a third-stringer at the beginning of training camp. Now hes warming into the role as he gets his third start this season.Im starting, and its my job to go out and lead our football team on Sunday, McCoy said. So a little bit more vocal at practice — and just continuing to play the best football I can play.MISCELLANEOUS TROUBLE: Its not a stat that gets much attention, but the Rams have been bedeviled this year by what are known as miscellaneous touchdowns.Theyve allowed an NFL-high nine: four interception returns, three fumble returns, one kickoff return and one blocked punt return. The Redskins, by contrast, have allowed five, second most in the league.FERGUSON CONNECTION: Washingtons defensive backs and St. Louis receivers will be adversaries on Sunday, but they have a measure of solidarity in one respect. They are the two groups who have come out of the tunnel doing the Hands Up, Dont Shoot gesture before games at NFL stadiums this year.The Redskins did it during the preseason and didnt get anywhere close to the attention that has been focused on the Rams players, who received threats after performing the gesture at a home game last week.I think its really cool that those guys felt strongly enough and showed the solidarity amongst one another, whether you agree with their stance or not, to go out and actually say, OK, this is how we feel, Washington safety Ryan Clark said.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org___Follow Joseph White on Twitter: http://twitter.com/JGWhiteAP Cheap NFL Gear Wholesale Authentic Jerseys NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap Black China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2020 ' ' '

Torna a Benvenuti !