Indice Area Generale Benvenuti ! John for many years and I am

John for many years and I am

I nuovi utenti possono presentarsi alla nostra community, facendo nuove amicizie e condividendo la propria passione!

Moderatore: Moderatori

Messaggio martedì 22 maggio 2018, 8:10
lw789 Guru del forum

SAN FRANCISCO -- Manager Bruce Bochy went to his bosses and asked them to pursue Michael Morse. Meanwhile, the outfielders agent came to him with San Franciscos interest and how it would be a great fit. Morse sure thought so, too. And given his willingness to play on a one-year deal and perhaps try free agency again after next season, it worked out well for both sides. The 31-year-old finalized his $6 million, one-year contract with the Giants after passing his physical Tuesday. "This is a winning organization," Morse said. "As a player your one goal is to win and win a World Series. Not only have the Giants won, theyve won two in the last couple years. What other team would a guy want to play for, especially with Boch as the manager?" Morse will head to spring training in February expected to become a power bat in the middle of the lineup and the teams starting left fielder. Thats a spot general manager Brian Sabean and assistant GM Bobby Evans looked to upgrade after his club missed the playoffs one season after winning a second World Series in three years. "In left field, this is a guy I really wanted. I told Brian that, and Bobby, Gosh, if we can get this guy, I know hes coming off some injuries, if hes healthy hes a presence in the lineup, power, which is what we need," Bochy said. "A guy whos going to fit on this club very nicely." Morse can earn an additional $3 million in performance bonuses. He can play several positions and will give Bochy some flexibility in writing his lineup. Gregor Blanco, a regular last season, is set to move into a fourth outfielder role. "We had a big need out in left field and we were looking for a right-handed bat and hopefully a power run-producing bat," Bochy said. "I dont think we could have found a better fit for our club. Hes somebody I really wanted and I know we did." Morse was traded from Seattle to Baltimore on Aug. 30. He missed time this year with a troublesome wrist, a broken right pinkie and strained right quadriceps before returning from the disabled list in late July. The nine-year veteran batted .215 with 13 home runs and 27 RBIs in 88 games this year. Now, he is eager to return to his top form from 2011, when Morse hit .303 with 31 homers and 95 RBIs for the Nationals. "I think the 2011 season is something I can do," he said. "Thats my big goal, to stay on the field. I know if I stay on the field everything else will fall into place." Morses agents, Sam and Seth Levinson, reached agreement on his deal last Thursday at the end of the winter meetings in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. He will be part of an outfield featuring Angel Pagan in centre field and Hunter Pence in right. Pagan received a $40 million, four-year contract last December, while Pence was rewarded with a $90 million, five-year contract before the season ended. He played every game this year. San Francisco already has had a productive off-season. The Giants missed the playoffs one year after winning their second World Series championship in three years, and Sabean worked to keep his pitching staff intact. "As everybody knows this off-season has been a hectic one," Sabean said. "Our mission going into the winter meetings was to hopefully rectify our left field situation. I think we were very fortunate not only timing wise but we get a chance to sign Michael. He has experience in that position and brings power and production to a lineup that sorely needs it. From the standpoint of having a wish list and checking off boxes, this was a big opportunity for us we obviously couldnt pass." Right-hander Ryan Vogelsong finalized a $5 million, one-year contract Dec. 4 to re-join a rotation featuring newcomer Tim Hudson, signed to a $23 million, two-year contract Nov. 19. Two-time NL Cy Young Award winner Tim Lincecum re-signed in late October for $35 million over two years, while lefty Madison Bumgarner and right-hander Matt Cain are already pitching on long-term contracts. The Giants also re-signed left-handed reliever Javier Lopez to a $13 million, three-year contract last month. Right fielder Hunter Pence re-signed before the season ended. "Its more than I thought would happen for us as far as getting these guys done," Bochy said. "I cant say enough about the great job theyve done in keeping our club not just intact, but I think were a better club in our depth." Terrell Suggs Jersey . Bowditch, the 30-year-old Australian seeking his first PGA Tour title, shot a 4-under 68 to reach 12 under at TPC San Antonio. Matt Kuchar and Andrew Loupe were tied for second. Kuchar shot 65, and Loupe had a 70. Carl Davis Jersey . And former Maple Leafs coach Ron Wilson certainly knows his pain. "Its pretty hard to coach there without allowing some of these things to kind of affect you," Wilson told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun in his ESPN. http://www.cheapravensshoponline.com/Yo ... rsey/.That sight softened the blow of what ended up as a 4-3 shootout loss to the Colorado Avalanche on Thursday night.Knowing their teammate was fine after a scary headfirst fall in the opening minute of the game helped calm the Maple Leafs. Albert McClellan Jersey . Various media outlets, including the Detroit Free Press, indicate a deal is close, while USA Today cited an unidentified person directly involved with the negotiations as saying the pact is for two years. Morgan Cox Jersey . PETERSBURG, Fla.Toro Rosso have signed former Manor boss John Booth as director of racing on a consultancy basis. Booth has a long history in motorsport having run the successful Manor junior formula team which helped guide and develop the careers of many F1 starts including Lewis Hamilton and Kimi Raikkonen.Having left the F1 team bearing the Manor name at the end of 2015, Booths Manor Motorsport now compete in the LMP2 class of the World Endurance Championship. The 61-year-old will take up his new role with immediate effect and will join the team at the Russian GP.It is a great honour to join such a well-established and competitive team as Scuderia Toro Rosso said Booth.It is a team that has achieved so much in a relatively short space of time. I am looking forward to getting started and working with Franz and the team this weekend in Sochi. Every race live in 2016 Sky Sports F1 brings you every race live in 2016.dddddddddddd Fast and easy online upgrade - click here. Toro Rosso team principal Franz Tost is hoping Booths experience will help the team build on a start to 2016 which has yielded 16 points from the opening three races.I have known John for many years and I am delighted to welcome him to the team. Formula 1 is becoming ever more complex, with recent changes on the tyre front, car set-up, radio communications and so forth, said Tost.Therefore, having a competitive car and talented drivers, both of which we have, on its own is not enough. With his vast experience I am sure John will help the team raise its game and become a more effective force over a race weekend.Watch the whole Russian GP weekend - LIVE ONLY on Sky Sports F1. The race begins at 1pm on Sunday May 1, with build-up from 11.30am. Or watch the race without a contract for £6.99 on NOW TV. Also See: Booth and Lowdon leave Manor When is the Russian GP on Sky? Jerseys From China Jerseys NFL China Jerseys NFL China Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Jerseys NFL China Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Torna a Benvenuti !